• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Seeing as I wrote an entire article on my site about how overall Silver beats Gold on several counts even though the game I got was Gold, I'd have to be silly not to pick SoulSilver.

It's been forever since I read that article and I don't remember exactly what you pointed out (maybe I should go read it again...), but I'd wait and see what changes they make first. FR and LG don't line up exactly with Red and Blue, so things like version exclusives and triggers and sprite differences and whatnot may not be the same.

(Hm... I wonder if they'll bring back the two sets of sprites?)

That said, as far as I know I'd probably prefer Silver as well. I might get Cyndaquil as a tribute to my first Silver version file that I can't find anymore and probably died (at least, I don't think I have the original backed up anywhere) the way I had an FR game in honor of my favorite Red file that died (my Charizard ;-;), but I like the Totodile line as well. If I do end up getting both then I'll probably get one of each, but assuming I stop wasting money and only get one then... yeah, probably Cyndaquil. I might change my mind based on the exclusives and junk, though.

I definitely can't wait for this game. I hope they include a Wi-Fi connection. I'll be buying SoulSilver for sure and starting with Cyndaquil.

I'll be getting HeartGold since FMC is getting silver. i'll be starting with Tododile and name him Shui~

Technically, it is possible to get a Level 5 Espeon now without cheating...although you'd need a lot of money and daily haircuts...and whatever other services the people of Johto offer once a day every day.
I have.. no idea what you're talking about. I'm guessing that you're referring to someone who probably gives you a lv.5 Eevee, and then spam the hell out of it's happiness to make it evolve asap.. But i'd much rather get an espeon from the very moment I begin playing. Makes it feel like that's my starter, and therefore makes the game way more fun(for me). =3

It doesn't bother me if I have to cheat to get it, it doesn't even feel much like cheating because it's completely within legitimate boundaries and is no different to other espeons.

Ooh, GSC remakes. =D Neat~ If I get one, I'll most likely get SoulSilver, since I have Silver version. Though I haven't been very keen on getting a lot of video games lately; I've actually just set aside a bunch to get rid of, and I have more that I probably should get rid of. But I'll keep an eye on this, and if it looks totally awesome, then I'll probably get it. =3

Maybe I'll start with Chikorita... in my very first Silver version, I had a Chikorita that I used so little that I never even evolved it to Meganium. It was just Bayleef.

If i remember correctly, I picked Silver for Donphan, so i'll go with whatever game it's exclusive to. I'll probably end up using my brother (who will get the other one) to get all the starters.

Wheee~ I can't wait; GSC were my favourite games (although my gold and silver still work alright, I think) and I really want to get a Totodile already. :D

I have.. no idea what you're talking about. I'm guessing that you're referring to someone who probably gives you a lv.5 Eevee, and then spam the hell out of it's happiness to make it evolve asap.

Actually, eggs hatch at level 1....which means if you make your Eevee love you very, very much, it can evolve as early as level 2.

Silver was my favourite game in the series, so this is good news for me. I can't wait to see what added features will be in the game. The names are a bit eh, but they make sense and names don't matter terribly much.

Speaking of which, they really need to clean up Kanto; it has a lot of problems(gym leader levels in the thirties? Blocking access to a bunch of areas?). In fact, Johto could be better, too. They can't completely redesign the overworld, but they can make it better.

I'll probably choose Totodile, depending on stuff like version exclusives and whether you can easily get pokemon from the other generations.

Ah, the long awaited games have been announced at last~
I also want the two sets of sprites back~
And, random pondering, I wonder if they'll make a Crystal remake later on as well? I doubt it, though, since there was no Yellow remake. But I don't mind ^_^
I'll probably get both and choose Cyndaquil on HeartGold and Totodile on SoulSilver, naming my characters Taylor (if they let us choose genders, Taylor still works for a girl ^_^) and Max respectively. When the originals came out, I got Gold and my brother got Silver - the starters and names I'll be using are what we used in the original names.

I'll probably end up stealing all the Pokémon and such from SoulSilver to put them in HeartGold, like I did with my brother's Silver =3
I, too, was upset when my 2nd gen games died...though I got a perfectly functional Crystal from a friend last summer~
I wonder...will the female character in these games just be a revamped version of the female from Crystal?

How did I miss the annoucement? I'll probably get HeartGold first then get soulSilver. OR GET THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!

Its good news that they're using the DS as much as possible for pokemon games (as I personally think they're made for each other.)

I've decided I'm going for a totodile which i'm never going to evolve and try to replicate my old team on Gold. I'm most likely going to get SoulSilver though.

It would be awesome for them to make a bunch of new sprites but i'd be happy if they revamped the old sprites or at least kept the same poses.

:D :D :D

This is the awesomest thing to happen in my life!

At least when I try so hard not to come up with something else.

Cyndaquiiiiil!! Finally I can get youuuuuu!!!

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm getting HeartGold because it has Ho-oh which owns Lugia even though you can get them both and because Gold is a cooler color. Though I might wait to see the version exclusives. Maybe I'll get both if my brother doesn't want SoulSilver. I'm definetley choosing Chikorita because Meganium is awesome.

Yay remakes!

I don't know which game I'll get first or who I'll start with but I've missed playing in Johto.

If nostalgia is the only factor in game choosing, I'll probably get SoulSilver because that is the first game I ever beat the Elite Four on. And the game that brought me one of my closest friends.

SoulSilver with Totodile. I have gold, but it can't save, and I want to get Lugia. But I might go with Cyndaquil....who knows. Do you know what would be cool? If they used the same positions for pokemon as the original games, but revamped them.

Back
Top Bottom