• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Community Developed RP: Pocket Dreamers!

NO LINK is provided in this post. I am seeking BETA TESTERS and possible staff for this forum. If you are interested, post or PM/VM me.

Pocket Dreamers is a slightly more game-mechanics oriented Pokemon RP, based on the games' canon. The main feature is that the areas and regions to be explored and the fake Pokemon to be discovered are designed by the members of the board through an admin-overlooked process.

The forum is in it's infancy, in the "just been made" stages, so I feel it's not appropriate to post it here just yet. If you have a penchant for fake region design, roleplaying, or both, apply here to be a beta tester and I will contact you with the link.

Some information on the introduction/design process:

All regions/adventures in Pocket Dreamers are community created, which means you get a say in where your character will go next! Every so often we release a new adventure or region, which means more places to explore - and all these regions, their Pokemon, inhabitants, story, climate... everything is decided on by the community. Not to mention for participating in some of the harder tasks in region development, you'll earn points which can be used to give your characters all sorts of cool stuff!

On PD, the Region creation process goes as follows:

A Region Submission topic goes up.
Members submit their ideas for regions.
The Mods, after the submission topic closes, choose 5 regions to send to the final vote.
The members vote on the 5 regions. The winner is sent to the Drawing Board.

On the Drawing Board, details of the region might be changed, added or removed. Pokemon are added to the region to breathe it to life (including fakemon designed by the community!). Characters are created and places shaped and named.

"But what if someone submits an awful idea?", you might say. Don't worry - each Region on the Drawing Board is overseen by a team of 4+ Elites. A single Elite can veto an idea if they think it's against the spirit of the region or just plain stupid, however, if the other Elites disagree, 3 of them can vote it back in and make it "veto-immune". (FYI, Elites are usually staff/responsible members chosen by the staff).

Once a region is deemed ready, the forums related to it are made and it's ready to be explored - and development of a new region begins!

Sounds interesting.

1. Are the non-fake pokemon?

2. Does one have to be a trainer?

3. What level of freedom does one have while actually posting in the rp? Is there a lot of GMing, or are they left mostly to their own devices, or what?

1. Yes. Each region, before starting in-depth development, has a "ratio" of fake:canon Pokemon decided. Ratios are typically around 75:25, 50:50, etc, but a full-canon or full-fakemon region is possible.

2. Currently there is only the trainer option, but possible offshoots of this would include member-run day-cares, beauty parlors, and other services. PMD-based "Pokemon only" regions are a possibility in the future as well.
Non-trainer careers would be implemented at a later date, possible even before beta is over.

3. When traveling alone, you're more heavily GM'd than if you have a friend to bounce off of. Routes are single-player/group experiences, while towns consist of everyone who is currently in said town. (Think games like Guild Wars). Players are, for the most part, left to their own devices in towns or in larger groups.

We're a little more lenient on godmodding than some other forums - we'll allow you to have NPCs take minor actions, or maybe hint that a certain Pokemon might be nearby.

____

As a note, the RP section of the forum isn't open yet. A region needs to be developed first - after Season 0 (beta season, should last maybe a month) is over, the forum will be opened to the general public.

Oh jesus christ look at all these people! We definitely have room for more :) We've already gone through the region voting process with our current beta testers and are now working on designing fakemon, areas and NPCs for a Canada-like region, as well as solidifying certain RP mechanics.

Blastoise - Being a beta tester really just means helping us create our first region and when RP comes up working out the kinks in the system. If I see any really great RPers during "Season 0" I might offer you a mod position, but I'm not sure how likely that'll be.

Sending everyone who wants invites now~

Yep! Take a quick read through what's been posted in the threads already then jump right in. We're currently focusing on the fakemon thread, though a bit of attention in the story/NPC and area threads would be nice.

I'd be interested in helping out a bit, at least while I have this lamentably short summer break *fistshake*.

I'd be interested to contribute during summer as well. My usual forte are graphics and such, but I do RP and sprite occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom