• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PETA's Pokemon parody

I haven't looked at this, but from what I've seen here it at least has be less dumb than the "MARIO SKINS TANOOKIS ALIVE TO MAKE HIS SUITS!" thing they did earlier.

Pokémon actually do get captured by humans and put into fights where they sometimes beat each other up pretty bad... in the games it's never anywhere near as horrible as actual cockfighting, dogfighting, etc., but "Pokémon battles = cockfighting" is a comparison that has been made before even by some fans, so at least it seems like this is a heavily-warped and exaggerated version of what actually sorta happens. Rather than complete made-up nonsense like the Tanooki Suit thing (Mario's suits are magical things that pop out of boxes and jump around... the Tanooki Suit isn't the real skin of some critter any more than the Frog Suit is.)

During the Ghetsis battle, he did in fact claim team plasma didn't care at all for Pokemon's well being. But at the end, after the Ash-dressed-as-a-deranged-Uncle-Sam-who-wanted-to-use-Pikachu-solely-for-getting-money-off-of-it battle, Slowpoke comes and says there's a new team called Team Plasma who fights for good.

Except that Team Plasma was already established and made and is a team that doesn't want to protect Pokemon.

I hate to sound like I'm stating the obvious, but I think that was supposed to be a joke, considering it was a Slowpoke who said it.

But yeah. The only opinion I have about this game that hasn't been said already is that, taken out of context, the costumes in this game actually look really really cool. Just in time for Halloween, too!

The only Pokemon I can agree with PETA on is Yamask... still never going to play that.

Pokemon battles are not animal cruelty. PETA is stupid.

PETA should read the anti anti pokemon section to the site that this forum belongs to. It explains things quite a lot about the 'battles' they see as 'cruel'.

Also, Pokemon isn't even the real world. Like at all.

And....Pokemon aren't even animals. And they like battling to get stronger. And teaming up with people. Like a sports team.

PETA might as well attack people for playing sports too while they're at it LOL

Reactions: JHG
I actually found it pretty hilarious. The game is playable but the move names are strange enough to make Baddy Bad look ordinary. The game doesn’t even seem to have a straight message and is quite easy to beat.

Back
Top Bottom