• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

G/S/C Murkrow can Talk

Ninetales was an example. Most Pokémon are like that. Murkrow being a murky crow, Bulbasaur being a bulb/dinosaur. I could go on.

I just ignore that aspect of the anime.

I thought that, but why would they say things like that anyway?

It is just a coincidence that a fox with nine tails says 'ninetales'?

No, that's them trying to come up with names children would find catchy/clever/cool. We're too smart for this, I'm afraid.

Maybe the English language (and the Japanese language) was derived from the calls of the Pokemon :o

Whoa never thought of that.

It makes a lot sense. Doesn't explain Pokémon like Porygon or Deoxys though. Although do they say their names in the anime? I've never seen Deoxys in it and Porygon's probably never going to get an appearance.

Deoxys... kinda actually sounds like it's cry in the game (not easily one word from its voice is distinguishable). I wouldn't know Porygon, though.

I always just assumed that it was the pet of a Rocket, most likely an Executive, who wasn't there at the time and left it there. If it were a pet, that would explain why it was allowed to be there despite not fighting, as well as why it's out of its ball.

As for why it said the password, that's just a random thing which it happened to hear and repeat. My sister has a friend whose parrot imitates things that it hears on TV and the doorbell. It isn't thinking, it's just saying something it heard and feels like saying, remembers the best, or just likes the sound of. The Murkrow is probably the same way.

At least, this is what I've always thought.

(wee the annoying header telling me to get active again is gone now~)

Whoa never thought of that.

It makes a lot sense. Doesn't explain Pokémon like Porygon or Deoxys though. Although do they say their names in the anime? I've never seen Deoxys in it and Porygon's probably never going to get an appearance.

err...
Porygon comes from polygon.
Deoxys comes from deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA).

also they could have taught the bird english (or at least that phrase) and train it to repeat the phrase when pestered. i mean, the rockets are going to forget anyway, and who would annoy a poor murkrow?

err...

...Somehow I don't quite think he meant he didn't know where their names came from; rather he meant he'd never hear them say their names in the anime.

err...

also they could have taught the bird english (or at least that phrase) and train it to repeat the phrase when pestered. i mean, the rockets are going to forget anyway, and who would annoy a poor murkrow?

I know this...

What I meant was if human language was based on what the Pokémon say in this universe, then how do we explain pokémon like Porygon and Deoxys, who we know came into existence (or were discovered) after human language was created?

...Somehow I don't quite think he meant he didn't know where their names came from; rather he meant he'd never hear them say their names in the anime.
This too. (although maybe not Deoxys)

I think that it just learnt how to speak English. The thing that I find odd, however, is why Murkrow can't learn Chatter, despite having the ability to learn "Human Language".

I know, it's the signature move of Chatot. Still doesn't mean that it shouldn't be allowed to, along with a few other Pokemon, be able to learn Chatter from a Move Tutor

Back
Top Bottom