• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
After Platinum was released in Japan, they started giving out the items that activate the Darkrai and Shaymin events using the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option. And of course this is probably how they're going to give out the Arceus event, too, when they finally decide to do it.

I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?

Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?

I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?
There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.

Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?
You can get a wi-fi event in any country, provided you have the game compatible with it. There are currently no wi-fi events planned for games that have been released outside of Japan, but it seems highly likely that there will eventually be events for the English version of Platinum.

There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.

That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.

Well, they might yet use them; certainly nothing's been announced as of now, though.

That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.

It could have something to do with that glitch that allowed one to get Shaymin and Darkrai. After all, those ones would be difficult to distinguish from the legitimate ones

Back
Top Bottom