• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

RNG Abuse: Ethical?

Alraune, what is assumed nowadays is that a vast majority of shinies are [not found the old fashioned way]

... Which is exactly what I said. It's not an assumed thing anymore that you didn't RNG it, and that you have to specify you caught it the natural way. I did say "instead of it being an assumed thing".

res, shinies were above average in gen 2? I thought they were below. I guess I need to look up exactly what IVs they need to have to be shiny... it probably depends on what Pokemon it was as to whether you'd consider it above or below average, though, right? Considering you want different stats in different Pokemon and all.

res, shinies were above average in gen 2? I thought they were below.

Out of a possible 15, the defense, special, and speed IVs had to be 10 — which is indeed above average, though not particularly stellar. Attack, on the other hand, could be 8 of the 16 the possible amounts (2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15). I couldn't say for sure, but I would imagine that is why the Odd Egg in (JP) Crystal has a 50% chance of being shiny.

Out of a possible 15, the defense, special, and speed IVs had to be 10 — which is indeed above average, though not particularly stellar. Attack, on the other hand, could be 8 of the 16 the possible amounts (2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 15). I couldn't say for sure, but I would imagine that is why the Odd Egg in (JP) Crystal has a 50% chance of being shiny.

It made shinies worthless in Gen II because they always had suboptimal HP IVs.

I personally don't care much about shinies, the only cool ones are Charizard and the Red Gyarados.

Back
Top Bottom