• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo Systems = Pokemon Generations?

DarkNut255

I'll think of something...
I just noticed something. The line of the Nintendo Systems match the Pokemon Generations VERY CLOSELY.

Gen I and III take place at the same time. Both the NES and N64 have two buttons on the controller, and were the most revolutionary of all Nintendo systems (excluding the Wii). (NES: D-Pad, Re-birth of video games. N64: Re-introduction of Joystick, Rumble Pak.)

Gen II and IV take place at the same time. Both the SNES and the GCN have peripherals that allow you to play Game Boy games. Their respective handhelds (Game Boy, Game Boy Advance) both were made closer to the system than any other generation.

Gen V is in it's own spot on the timeline, and mixes the general formula up a bit. The Wii has the most different controller and gaming style than the others. Would that make the Wii U Black 2 and White 2?

Both Gen IIIs have much higher graphics than previous ones, (16-bit for Pokémon, and 3D for Nintendo) and were not as prolific as the ones before (Pokémon: mostly forgotten by many, Nintendo: few third party companies (only really Rare, and occasionally Hudson and Titus (and Titus made Superman 64...))

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Gen III and the N64, it's just that they WERE not as popular the previous two for each.

Now, there are SOME differences, as there should, but it is, all in all, probably just a coincidence. Or I am really looking into this REALLY deep. :sweatdrop:

Back
Top Bottom