• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Playing the original GB games just don't feel right...

TheBluejay

when you play on an emulator to me. Maybe it's just the nostalgia clouding my view, but whenever I get some high end mobile device, or computer the first thing I do is pimp it out with games. However I always get the traditional games and I never feel satisfied playing them. Then a couple weeks ago I saw a yellow GBC and decided to buy it and start up the cartridge I still had, I gotta replace the battery but it just feels right playing it how it was meant to be played.

anybody else get that feeling?

I kinda feel the same way. I wouldn't mind playing Pokemon RBY in my hands, I'd be happy with that. I'd love to play it on my old Gameboy but I just don't have the cartridges for the games anymore. I've lost all my games except Yellow (and I want to start with Bulbasaur and I want the ugly sprites so baww)
I have an iPod touch so my emulation options are kinda narrow (as opposed to, say, an Android phone or something) and for the life of me I just cannot find any RBY roms that work on, like, either of the two emulators that exist for the iPod.

Eh, I never played the originals. I started with ruby and sapphire.

But I would hate to be constantly at walking speed. It is far too slow. Thankfully they invented a run button in the end. :)

I don't use emulators, but even then I absolutely loathe when newer system's screen skews to adjust to the old resolution. I use my DSi, instead of my 3DS, for my DS games for that reason. And, I'd probably play my old GB games on my old GBC (without a backlit screen and use a Gloworm instead, le gasp!) if I still had it. Nostalgia doesn't work as well without it, me thinks.

I generally feel weird using emulators because the keyboard is so wide compared to the gameboy. I also feel weird when I play on a GBA after playing on an SP. Though oddly it doesn't apply to the DS

I find it best to play handheld games on either a Super Gameboy (SNES Peripheral) or a Game Boy Player (GCN Peripheral).

It does feel very odd to play a emulator of a game. Gameboy games are meant to be played on Gameboy, not on some program that was hacked or something. It really feels odd. I must agree with everyone. Playing an emulator is just weird. Its very hard to describe.

I found one of those usb numpad things once, mapped keys to it, played things with a emulator with the keypad turned sideways. the numlock key got in the way, but otherwise I don't think it was that bad. but now my things have actual numpads and I have no excuse to usb numpad, eh.

The only one of the GBC generations I've got left is Red in cartridge form. I've emulated Crystal (never owned it before) and all I can say is, we humans put a lot of value into touching and feeling things, this is definitely a case of that. Luckily, I've still got my GBA (not SP even!). Actually, the first time I used a SP was 3 years ago (and I've owned my GBA since it's launch), and the narrowness bothers me.

If you're willing to pony up the $20~ for a R4, the GBC emulator for DS is solid, although it refused to save Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 for me.

Handheld games should be played on handhelds of some sort, not computers. Console games on the other hand, well, I have a PS2-to-USB adapter and a memory card to USB adapter, so I can turn a computer into a PS1.

The only one of the GBC generations I've got left is Red in cartridge form. I've emulated Crystal (never owned it before) and all I can say is, we humans put a lot of value into touching and feeling things, this is definitely a case of that. Luckily, I've still got my GBA (not SP even!). Actually, the first time I used a SP was 3 years ago (and I've owned my GBA since it's launch), and the narrowness bothers me.

If you're willing to pony up the $20~ for a R4, the GBC emulator for DS is solid, although it refused to save Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 for me.

Handheld games should be played on handhelds of some sort, not computers. Console games on the other hand, well, I have a PS2-to-USB adapter and a memory card to USB adapter, so I can turn a computer into a PS1.

I still have my GBC...

Definitely a classic, but no one wants one because the GBC emulators are pretty much perfect and LOLbatteries.

I was going to sell my N64 but the current state of N64 emulation is depressing... Might be better if I looked around for rare cartridges I don't own, like the Zelda games, Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini and a few other good games.

N64 emulation is pretty sad. I was thinking of selling mine too, my stack of games isn't too bad. I have still Banjo-Kazooie, didn't think it was particularly rare.

Back
Top Bottom