• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Game Recommendations

I've got a couple this time~
Starting with...

Sonic Colors (Wii, DS) -recommending both here-
+ The Wii version is, as the name suggests, very colorful.
+ No more were-hog. Just high speed running, and platforming, like the daytime stages of Unleashed..
+ Fans of Sonic Rush will be pleased to know the DS version is essentially Sonic Rush 3
+ The Wii version boasts some of the best visuals on the system to day. While it doesn't ook at good as say... Monster Hunter 3, or Sengoku BASARA 3, it looks damn good
+The soundtrack is awesome. The theme song, Reach for the Stars, is one of the catchiest things you've ever heard. And be prepared to hear the Sweet Mountain themes for hours after finishing the stages.
+The story goes back to the more lighthearted, saturday morning cartoon feel, finally.
+Complete with a script written by the writers of Madworld's, and Happy Tree Friends' scripts! ("They are either being used for an evil purpose... or, to make underwear to be worn by salad!")
+ The 'gimmicks', the Wisps, are actually quite fun, adding to the experience of each stage by opening up alternate routes, and giving opportunities for more points.
+New voice actors! For everyone!Except Eggman, since his voice actor, Mike Pollock was perfect as is!
- The DS version lacks any of the humor and most of the voice acting the Wii version did, and have vastly differing scripts despite the same story.
- Both versions are very short, and very easy. There could have been difficulty levels.
+ Replay value. The Wii version allows you to play as Super Sonic, unlocking the abilities of all the Wisps, after S-ranking and and collecting all 180 special rings.
+Pinball scoring makes you work for that S-rank in most of the stages

All in all, it's everything Sonic Unleashed should, and could have been.

Ys: the Oath in Felghana (PC, PSP)
+There's an excellent fan-translation for the PC version
+The localized PSP version essentially takes the fan-translation, and adds some excellent voice work to it.
+Great visuals, and sound effects. Shooting fireballs has never sounded so satsifying before.
+The Ys series is already very! well known for its great music. This arguably has one of the best soundtracks in the series.
+Widely varying locales makes it fun to explore each area.
-The game's a little on the short side. It can be finished in a weekend, minimum.
-That is of course, the bosses don't constantly kill you; some of the bosses can be unfairly difficult.

Ys Seven (PSP)
+ The visuals, while not particularly eye-catching, are simple, and have quite a bit of charm, adding to the old school RPG feel the series is known for.
+ Yet again, an excellent soundtrack. This pretty much speaks for the whole soundtrack itself.
+ More playable characters. You can play as characters other than Adol for once, including a character returning from The Ark of Napishtim.
+ Taking a page from the weapons of The Ark of Napishtim, there are three different attacks types; slashing, smashing, and piercing. Naturally, all three are to be used to one's advantage depending on the enemy.
+The game's not too difficult, nor is it very easy, for once.
+Those who find Normal too easy, there are also Hard and Nightmare difficulties.
- While there's not much grinding involved, be prepared to farm for materials in order to keep your equipment up to date.
- There's quite a bit of backtracking involved in the latter half of the game.
- The bosses, yet again, can be unfairly difficult if you're unprepared. Though this is fairly commonplace in the series =/

Duuude what the hell why aren't you playing Psychonauts RIGHT NOW

And Brutal Legend.

Funny you mention that. From what I have heard, every other title creative director Tim Schafer has worked on (he's the dude!) is better and Brutal Legend was a sellout, with the theme of heavy metal and hiring Jack Black to attract more publicity because for -some reason- every other game he has worked on has had horrible sales. No matter how many awards they win!!

On that note I'd like to recommend a previous title directed by Tim Schafer; Psychonauts. (PC, and maybe Xbox and PS2 as well? 2005) The Zero Punctuation review is pretty spot on too, if you don't like text! (it's uh, bit of a mature language warning for those who care) And it's among the games that actually get a positive review there, probably about 5% of games... and uh I think you can buy Psychonauts on Steam or something~

+Unique setting
+One of the few games with actual, good voice acting
+Pretty good music too!
+Challenging puzzles!
+Good humour
+Nice, cinematic and compelling storytelling, that forces you to KEEP PLAYING ALL DAY RARARRARAR (and not in the conditioning RPG-grinding way, in the actually fun game way)
+Plenty of extras, meaning you can accomplish the bare minimum or 100% completion depending on whatever your style is
+Really really really good characters
+Hugely varied gameplay, storylines and environment
+So many other awesome things that I really can't manage to list because it's SO GOOD
-Slightly too difficult towards the end.
-Really bad camera handling D; and some awkward controls for the PC version, haven't tried console

Also (it's a bit old now but) Grim Fandango was like the best ever!! That's the game that was completed by the same team on Psychonauts several years earlier. The story, music and voice acting is on par with any great movie but the game sales only numbered a few thousand. It makes me saaaad >; so very sad. Oh, and Tim Schafer worked on those Monkey Island games, they are better known than the other titles I've mentioned here. ~ These games and the Double Fine company deserve a lot more attention (and money) than they get so I'm not gonna recommend anything else right now. :D (and sorry for all this extraenous non-point form rabid fan spam)

Last edited:
Wario Land 4(GBA)

+Cool gameplay
+Pretty funny, lots of humor.
+Nice graphics
+Great level design with varied, fun and many original environments
+Nice music that fits the levels
+You get to choose between the 4 "worlds" in the order you want, you just have to take their levels in order.
-A bit too easy
-Too short

All in all, this is a great and fun platform game for the GBA. Of course, it's a bit old now, but still good.

Here are some games that are old but still fun: Mega Man 7 (SNES, which did not suck dinosaur balls. Eat it, Brentalfloss) and Mega Man 8 for the PS1, both can be played on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for XBox, PS2, and Gamecube (both are hated by the fanbase simply because they aren't 8-bit. What. The. Hell.).

Mega Man 7

+While not classic 8-bit, the graphics are very nice.
+Nice characters: It keeps the old ones (Mega Man, Roll, Dr. Light, Proto Man, and Dr. Wily) and added Bass and Treble, characters I really thought were cool.
+Cool bosses, my favorites being Freeze Man, Spring Man, and Shade Man.
+Unique, fun to play-through stages like a robotic haunted house, spring filled fun-house, and a prehistoric area complete with robot dinosaurs.
+Nice weapon balance (a reason why I didn't like Mega Man 2 much, the Metal Blade was on steroids, most of the other weapons sucked) in my opinion, your mileage may vary here.
+Excellent soundtrack: The boss theme ties with the one from Mega Man 4 as being my favorites, Spring Man and Freeze Man have themes more addicting than crack, and the Wily Castle levels are good too. Other great songs: Shade Man, Cloud Man, Burst Man, and Turbo Man.
-The difficulty can be brutal at times (Turbo Man's stage and the last boss come to mind).
-Gameplay feels a tad slower than the other Mega Man games.

And Mega Man 8:

+A nice difficulty curve, not too hard of a game, you'll want to keep going through the game.
+Duo appears here. This guy is badass.
+The game has a decent plot.
+Dr. Light's Elmer Fudd voice is instant comic gold ("We must recovah all da enahgy imeadiately W-Mega Man!" "I have no idea where this enahgy came from, but we cannot let it fall into Dr. Wahwee's hands!").
+One of my favorite soundtracks in a Mega Man game, I seriously cannot name a tune I hated. My favorites: Tengu Man stage, Frost Man stage, Astro Man stage, Aqua Man stage, and Bass and Duo's battle themes.
+Great weapons with a nice balance.
-TERRIBLE voice acting, especially Mega Man (Well, Mega Girl since he sounds so much like one).
-JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE sequences made me want to scream with rage.

Here are some games that are old but still fun: Mega Man 7 (SNES, which did not suck dinosaur balls. Eat it, Brentalfloss) and Mega Man 8 for the PS1, both can be played on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for XBox, PS2, and Gamecube (both are hated by the fanbase simply because they aren't 8-bit. What. The. Hell.).

Yeah, well, Megaman fans are some of the bitchiest, most unsatisfied people ever. And they can be stupid too; have you seen how they are with Battle Network and Star Force? Even though they're perfectly good series too D: I tend not to associate myself with the majority of them because of that, and it ashames me as a Megaman fan.

Uhh. Well. I'll recommend two fighters; Fate/Unlimited Codes, and BlazBlue Portable.

Fate/Unlimited Codes (PS2, PSP; only the PSP version available in America, via PSN)
+Excellent dream match fighter, mixing characters from each route of Fate/Stay night, and one each from Fate/Zero and Fate/hollow ataraxia
+The visuals carry over from PS2 to PSP quite well
-There's a bit of lag. A fair bit of it is noticeable whenever you use specials.
+Decent soundtrack consisting of remixed F/SN music, comparable to Melty Blood's soundtrack
-For some reason, they decided to change all of the commands around for the PSP version, so if you're familiar with the PS2 version, you'll have to relearn your commands when transitioning over to the PSP D:
-Lack of Caren Ortensia is somewhat disappointing, but Lancer from Fate/Zero is unlockable, so it somewhat makes up for a lack of her.

BlazBlue Portable (PSP)
+The game retains its overall speed and feel. Great transition from the PS3/360/Taito Type X2 arcade board to the PSP.
-Visuals and sound take a hit; sound is noticeably lowered in quality, sans the music, and the visuals look pretty bad too; none of the characters have faces!
+Still keeps the story from the console version
+Introduced the Legion Mode, and Unlimited forms for all the characters.
-It's out of date compared to Continuum Shift, and lacks the five new characters, and will be made even more obsolete with Continuum Shift II and the balance patch
-Even though it's still a great game, you might wait a few months for Continuum Shift Portable to come out.

Megaman 7? Weapon balance?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahaha

I don't get how you could see anything resembling weapon balance in 7. I personally never used anything other than the Rush armor and Junk Shield.

I've got a small recommendation...

Eversion
+ Fairly cutesy, yet thought-provoking and difficult platformer
+ Despite how it appears, stands out fairly well from Mario and other platformers of the like
- Whether that's a good thing or not depends on your personal tastes
+ Has an interesting gimmick to the game: you "evert" reality, which makes certain things change, like clouds become solid/not solid or you can walk through otherwise impassable trees in order to reach an area you normally could not have.
- Unfortunately, the plot amounts to (taken straight out of the readme for the game): "princess is kidnapped. you must save princess"
+ The game still manages to be thought-provoking even though it has no plot
+ Infinite lives, good since you'll probably be dying a lot
- That and numerous checkpoints make the game way easier than it should be
+ Eversion "layers" are varied enough in appearance and function that it feels fun, like an adventure, not tedious
- Very short game - it may take you three hours at most to finish it if you aren't good at platforming.
+ But it's free!
- The graphics are mediocre at best. There's a version with better graphics, but you have to pay five dollars for the game on Steam.
- "NOT INDICATED FOR CHILDREN OR THOSE OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION."

You can find the game for free here
. For an added bonus, play it late at night with the lights off.

Well, since it's getting a US release, I'll throw a recommendation here, for when it DOES come out stateside;

Tales of Graces f - PS3

+ Fairly decent story. Arguably one of the best, if not adorably cheesiest stories in the series.
- Character's are pretty neat, but a couple are a little one dimensional for Tales characters, "I WANT TO PROTECT RICHARD. SOPHIE, I'LL PROTECT YOU. CHERIA WA MAMORU"
+ Despite minor setbacks regarding the characters, they're all at least likeable, and very fun to watch and/or interact with.
+ Combat system is amazing. Probably the best 3D title in the series, and the best usage of the series' CC system, allowing you to seamlessly combo one attack into another.
+ In addition to the main story, the PS3 version of the game adds a second, sort of epilogue story onto the main game.
- This port of the game lost a couple of amusing mini-games. Namely the fairly fun DS mysterious dungeon game, Kamemin Merchant from the Wii version of the game.

Definitely worth looking at. Pick it up when it comes out if you have the chance.

Well, since it's getting a US release, I'll throw a recommendation here, for when it DOES come out stateside;

Tales of Graces f
I'm so sad. I just got a Wii and Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Tales of Graces were the primary reasons I got them. Though there's some article that says that a Wii port of Tales of Graces f is being looked into. I'm really hoping for that. I don't have money for a PS3. ;_;

ANYWAYS I have a game recommendation.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii

+ Combat system is super fun and unique. Go look up a gameplay video if you're interested, it's too complicated to explain right now.
+ The story is really good. There are the typical RPG cliches, yes, but there are a ton of things I never expected.
+ Characters are freaking amazing. Everyone gets a decent amount of character development. Everyone has some sort of reason to be in the party, and there are constantly people entering and leaving your party. The primary antagonists for the game also have understandable motives.
+ All of the characters are super customizable, but still have quite a few unique things about them.
+ The game is decently difficult, and requires a bit of thinking on the player's part in order to win. Especially during the last half of the game.
+ A ton of sidequests that adds replayability.
- The voice acting is...ah...bad. That's putting it nicely. However, once you've played the game for a decent amount of time, most of the voices grow on you. It also makes the good voice actors more noticeable (*cough*Serge and Leslie*cough*)
- The difficulty spike. For the first half of the game, you'll have a difficult time with most of the bosses, but the random encounters won't be too threatening. Once you get to the second half of the game though, suddenly the random enemies are dealing massive amounts of damage. It's fairly annoying.
- Certain dungeons with lack of save points before bosses will make you cry. Especially if the dungeon takes you about an hour to get through and there is an insanely difficult boss that petrifies you at the end.
- Certain plot points just don't make sense when you think about them, but that's normal for most RPG's. (*coiugh*FF7*cough*)

I'm so sad. I just got a Wii and Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Tales of Graces were the primary reasons I got them. Though there's some article that says that a Wii port of Tales of Graces f is being looked into. I'm really hoping for that. I don't have money for a PS3. ;_;

I haven't gotten too far into Xenoblade, but I certainly like it so far. Like FFXII, but more immersive. Still waiting for The Last Story to come in the mail ;_; but uhh, even if you can't get Graces f, Graces vanilla is still worth the import/whatever it is you do to play your Japanese games.

I'll throw a few Wii recs up sometime this weekend. Give'em a look through and see what interests you :D

ANYWAYS I have a game recommendation.

Arc Rise Fantasia - Wii

+ Combat system is super fun and unique. Go look up a gameplay video if you're interested, it's too complicated to explain right now.
+ The story is really good. There are the typical RPG cliches, yes, but there are a ton of things I never expected.

Grandia-lite. Still freaking awesome.

+ Characters are freaking amazing. Everyone gets a decent amount of character development. Everyone has some sort of reason to be in the party, and there are constantly people entering and leaving your party. The primary antagonists for the game also have understandable motives.[/quote]

I couldn't stand Adele though, on account of total bitch.

- The voice acting is...ah...bad. That's putting it nicely. However, once you've played the game for a decent amount of time, most of the voices grow on you. It also makes the good voice actors more noticeable (*cough*Serge and Leslie*cough*)

You forgot to mention ADAM WEST

I haven't gotten too far into Xenoblade, but I certainly like it so far. Like FFXII, but more immersive. Still waiting for The Last Story to come in the mail ;_; but uhh, even if you can't get Graces f, Graces vanilla is still worth the import/whatever it is you do to play your Japanese games.
I'm not one for importing RPG's, because the plot is one of the major things I like so since I don't understand Japanese, it just kinda kills the experience for me. I've considered trying to learn Japanese on multiple occaisions though, just because of that (plus I actually kinda want to go to Japan someday). I'll just hope that Graces does come out for Wii, but whatever.

I do want to find a used copy of Symphonia because I've heard it's really good. I have little experience with Tales games, aside from playing the first few hours of Phantasia, Destiny, and Innocence, but they've all been very fun.

EDIT: This is the article I found that said something about possibly being a Wii release of Graces f. It gives me a bit of hope at least.

I couldn't stand Adele though, on account of total bitch.
That's actually why I like her. She's so much of a bitch it's just ridiculous. I end up laughing at most of the scenes she's in just because her obsession/hatred/love for L'arc is just hilarious.

You forgot to mention ADAM WEST
He's Rastan's VA, right? Rastan's the only one who sounds like him and it's really not that good.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if many of you guys like First Person Shooters but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Halo:Reach

For Xbox 360
+ An extremely fun FPS which is a prequel to the Halo series. (Unfortunately the last Halo game created by the game developer Bungie)
+ Includes a map editing function which allows you to create custom maps.
+ Can make your own game modes with different settings.
+ Campaign is thrilling to go through.
+ The music which is created by Martin O'Donnel is amazing in the game.
+ Includes fun multiplayer game types online.
+ New multiplayer maps come out every now and again for players to buy.
+ Allows you to customize your armor A LOT.

- The only bad point I can think of this game is the fact that if your not familiar with Halo:Combat Evolved, Halo:2 or Halo:3 stroyline you may be missing out on a lot on what the campaign has to offer.

I'm not sure if many of you guys like First Person Shooters but I'm just going to throw this out there.

Halo:Reach

For Xbox 360
+ An extremely fun FPS which is a prequel to the Halo series. (Unfortunately the last Halo game created by the game developer Bungie)
+ Includes a map editing function which allows you to create custom maps.
+ Can make your own game modes with different settings.
+ Campaign is thrilling to go through.
+ The music which is created by Martin O'Donnel is amazing in the game.
+ Includes fun multiplayer game types online.
+ New multiplayer maps come out every now and again for players to buy.
+ Allows you to customize your armor A LOT.

- The only bad point I can think of this game is the fact that if your not familiar with Halo:Combat Evolved, Halo:2 or Halo:3 stroyline you may be missing out on a lot on what the campaign has to offer.

I do apologize, friend, but I do believe that Reach has a lot less going for it than you claim.

for example:
-the campaign is actually lacking in some places. While I felt sad after Jorge's death, I was upset by the general lack of reaction among the cast.
Kat: "Where is he?"
Noble 6: "He didn't make it."
Jun/Carter/Emile: Being a Sniper/Leader/wannabe badass.

-No dual wielding?! Screw that crap...

+ On the other hand, I feel that Reach has the best control scheme out of all the Halo games, and deserves an award for that.

-I dislike the community in general, I mean, have you ever been on Bungie's forums? I never, ever recognize anyone, and I can't stand the overall vibe that that place gives off.

I have a few games here:

Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (I played the Wii U eShop version, it's also available for Steam, PSN and XBLA, and coming to Vita and iOS)

It's a music-based platformer and a hugely improved sequel to Bit.Trip Runner where you dodge, jump and kick to get through the levels.

+ Cool music! And when you attack eneimes and jump and dodge this adds small tunes to the music and it sounds pretty good.
+ Very nice artstyle
+ Very fun and silly game! Lots of strange, crazy stuff going on here...
+ Lots of secrets and stuff to collect! Unlockable characters (one for each level), character costumes, secret levels...
+ "Retro games" collectibles! Secret levels of a more retro-styled game (with 16-bit backgrounds).
+ Voiced by Charles Martinet! You know, the Mario guy.
- A lot of the music in the same worlds sound very similar, like remixes of each other
- The later retro levels can get annoyingly hard at times, and you only have 3 lives before you die.
+ But after you've found one, you can play it again from the level selection screen without having to find it in the level!
- Apparently if you jump over the mid-level checkpoints they don't registrer? It happened to me a few times and was really annoying...
- The "dancing" feature (which does nothing but gets you extra points) can be annoying since you can't jump/dodge mid-dance and I've gotten hit many times because of this.

Harmo Knight: (3DS eShop)

Another music-platformer, this one's a bit more rhythm-based. Game Freak's first non-Pokémon game since Drill Dozer! You run automatically through the levels, jumping and hitting enemies to collect notes.

+ Cute, colorful artstyle that fits the game very well.
+ A variety of nice music
+ A "secret" world after the main game, with extra challenging levels!
+ Secret Pokémon-themed levels!
+ Variation in gameplay now and then - two other characters with different gameplay styles used a few times, barrel levels (similar to minecart levels but actually fun) and the boss fights use a "follow after me" style where you first get to hear what to do and then you copy after them.
- Some of the music is too similar to that of other levels
- The timing is very strict at times. Annoyingly strict.
- Some levels make it too easy to get the silver/gold flowers
- You can't skip cutscenes for boss fights - this is really annoying!
- A bit expensive for what it is

Also, the Rhythm Heaven/Rhythm Paradise series! They're quirky, weird rhythm games by Nintendo, consisting of minigames where you do various things to the beat of the music: you punch paper cups, play table tennis, play tambourine with a monkey, spin around in chairs, play tennis in the air as a dog and cat... You have to play it well enough to get a "OK" or "Superb" which lets you continue, otherwise you get "Try again" and then you have to try again. If you get "Superb" you get a medal, and get the chance of getting a "Perfect" on that game. This is randomly selected now and then from the games with a medal, and you have to clear the game perfectly, no misses. If you fail three times, the chance of getting a perfect disappears and you have to wait for it to come back.

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) The first game in the series, a Japan-only GBA game that never got localized partly due to being released 2 years after the DS. Fun fact: this was the last ever game made for the GBA!

+ Cute, colorful graphics
+ Just the right amount of challenge
+ Lots of quirky, weird humor
+ Good music, especially for a GBA game
- Only got released in Japan, so it's only in Japanese
+ But it's still playable even if you can't read Japanese (and GBA is region-free)! You just need to click the buttons to the rhythm.
- Though you won't be able to read the text anywhere, which can be a fun read.
- You can't skip levels you struggle with (as far as I know)
- Some of the remixes sound a bit repetitive, with the same music over and over again
- Some levels are different from the usual, and not in a good way - these are often boring or annoying, like the quiz game where you don't even have to follow along with the rhythm, just press the buttons the same amount of times...
- Somewhat expensive for a GBA game (if getting it "legally"), especially if you want a boxed version... and not everyone might be willing to pay the price for what it is. I was lucky and found a somewhat cheap boxed version, but they don't seem to be very common...

Rhythm Heaven/Rhythm Paradise (DS) The DS sequel made its way to the West, and this one is fully touchscreen-controlled with tapping and flicking.

+ The same weird humor from the first game
+ For the first time, lets you skip levels if you get a "Try again" three times. Can be good for when you just want to be done with that one level you hate and get back to that later...
+ Better graphics
+ In general, better games
- Some people might find the touchscreen controls annoying
- Most of the dubbed songs are... not so good.
- Some of the levels can be really annoying (Moai Doo-Wop, for example, seems to be commonly hated, and for a reason)

Rhythm Heaven Fever/Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise The Wii version, and with this version it goes back to button click-controls.

+ Again, it's strange with weird humor.
+ Nice 2D art style, very colorful and cute.
+ Better sound quality, though that's just to be expected since it's a Wii game compared to a DS one...
+ Much better job done with the dubbing! I prefer the Japanese songs in general, but I still think they did a pretty good job with the dub.
+ (European version) Lets you choose between English and Japanese soundtrack (all text will still be in English)
+ 2-player games!
- A few annoying levels

Last edited:
The games that I recommend are Pokemon X & Y and the new Super Smash bros coming out in 2014. Pokemon is one of my biggest favorites and Smash Bros has been my most favorite brawler since Killer Instict first hit SNES in 1995 XD. I highly recommend tnese games to anyone XD.:)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP is a good game to play. It tells you what happened before 2005's PS2 title.
It tells the story of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, three young Keyblade Wielders who's hearts are as connected as their stories (all three of which are playable after the main combat and movement tutorials). During the Rank of Mastery Exam Terra accidentally uses some of his inner darkness and fails while Aqua passes (Ventus is too young to take it). As a sort of "make-up exam", Master Xehanort (spoiler alert: he's the bad guy but he acts like he's the good guy) asks Terra to travel to different worlds and collect the hearts of seven princesses whose hearts cannot be tainted by the darkness caused by the Unversed (precursor to the Heartless from the other KH games).

Knowing full well of what Xehanort wants to do with those hearts, Master Eraqus (Terra, Aqua and Ven's teacher) sends Aqua to stop him AND find Ventus, who ran away to find Terra against Eraqus's orders to stay home.

The game includes worlds not seen in games prior to it's release and a few worlds you know but the character(s) are younger or certain events haven't occurred yet (ie. In Olympus Coliseum, Hercules is younger; Maleficent's take over of Hollow Bastion hasn't happened yet, so it's known as The Radiant Garden; You'll also get to explore more areas of Neverland).

Also, you'll also see the Organization XIII members before they were turned into the Nobodies you see in 358/2 Days and you'll learn of Xehanort's true plans. I'm not gonna spoil anymore for you here but if you want to know more about it, just PM me and I'll be happy to answer any Kingdom Hearts questions you might have.

Pros: Good Soundtrack, full of sidequests with rewards that can greatly power you up, helping you beat the game's final battles with little to no problems, Ven's story's a real tear-jerker when you find out what happened to him.

Cons: IT'S KINGDOM HEARTS!!! THERE ARE NO CONS!!!!!

Last edited:
Deus Ex (original)
+Good story and writing
+Your actions affect what happens later in the game. It was more impressive in 2000 when it game out but I still think it does it well.
+Great soundtrack
+You don't have to kill anyone in the entire game if you don't want to. (There's one unskippable boss fight but you can glitch past it)
+Lots of mods for it
+/-Lots of glitches have been found that you can exploit. No game-breaking ones but it can be hard to play properly when you know you could just clone your items indefinitely. When you're almost out of ammo.
-Voice acting could be better
-You might be put off by the dated graphics

Mirror's Edge
+Unique. There's nothing else quite like it.
+It's the kind of game that's meant for speedruns, if that's your thing.
+Some people call it a FPS but you don't need to shoot people at all if you don't want to. I find it more fun if you don't.
+Visual style is minimal but appealing. It uses solid colours rather than detailed textures as much as it can, so it will probably age well when it comes to how it looks.
+/-Short
-A couple of levels aren't very good, or can be really hard.
-Story isn't brilliant but really it's the kind of game where the story is just a justification for the gameplay to happen.
-It avoids loading screens by having doors that take a while to open or hot steam leaks you have to stop by turning a valve. Since the nature of the game is to run through the level as fast as possible, this takes away from the gameplay a bit.

OpenTTD
+If you like games like Roller Coaster Tycoon, you'll probably like this
+Free!
+/-Quite complex for what it is. Even if you play for ages there'll other people better than you because they understand the nooks and crannies better.
-Not everyone's cup of tea
-Can get boring after a while

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
+Cute
+Funny
+Hard, but if you know what you're doing you can easily complete the game in one sitting with no game overs.
+The object of the game is to pay off a loan. If you're into doing that more, you can unlock an endless mode where you never pay it off.
+A cast of likable characters
+Cute again
+/-Addictive
-The dungeoneering can be a bit hard/frustrating
-It kinda freaked me out this one time when I had a really itchy nose while I was playing and at the end of the level Recette, the main character, said she had an itchy nose. I just assumed this was a coincidence and forgot about it but when I replayed the level I got an itchy nose again and when Recette mentioned it, I remembered it had happened before! I suspect the devs have found the secret of making people's nose itchy through background music.

Snakes and Ladders
+Very easy to learn
+Cheap, you can even make it yourself if you want to
+If you to make it yourself, you can make it as big or as small as you want
+Potentially unlimited number of players can play at once
-There's no skill involved

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
+Old school turn-based combat
+There is a Casual mode for beginners
+Lots of options
+Nice soundtrack
+/-Provides a challenge