• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

"Trans"-ferring. Hah.

It's hard to qualify it, but it's like how you can tell if a room is a boy's room or a girl's room, or if clothes are boy's clothes or girl's clothes. You notice a pattern - this avatar has elements x, y, and z and belongs to a male; this avatar has elements a, b, and c and belongs to a female; this avatar has elements a, b, and c and belongs to a female; this avatar has elements x, y, and z and belongs to a male. When you come across another avatar then, with elements x, y, and z, you tend to think that the avatar would belong to a male.

You're making the mistake of applying inductive logic! :o Don't you know that Hume showed induction could not be logically justified?

You're making the mistake of applying inductive logic! :o Don't you know that Hume showed induction could not be logically justified?

I'm not applying it; the population is. I'm stating what is, not what should be. Even though this logic is wrong, it is used by many people, sometimes subconsciously, so as to make it worthwhile for Grimdour to pick an avatar to convey the sense that she is a woman. Of course, you shouldn't if you feel good with your current avatar (which is awesome, by the way).

(Also, I disagree with Hume, but let's get this discussion out of this thread)

Why should it be moved? Because this is heading in the same direction as the I <3 NY t-shirts that's why.

Anyways. Happy for you Grim!

/getting away from this thread.

Congrats!
If I might offer some advice though, I'd say you should transition during uni.
Now that I've chosen not to go, I've found that it's become more difficult to do so in practically every way.
Time constraints due to having a very fixed, unchangeable schedule, socially because, well, uni ends to be so much more liberal.
Not mention the little details. I mean, do you know how hard it is to get a job when your gender's different to what's on your birth certificate. Such a tiny matter can impede so many things it's ridiculous.

Basically what I'm saying is, while it's great that you're transitioning online, you should really get to doing it in real life soon, if you ever want to because after your studies, it'll be so much harder.

Good luck. :)

I plan on transitioning in uni, but for now, I don't think that's plausible just yet, since I'm with a roommate and all. Plus I'm still really scared, so I haven't told anyone face to face yet.

On a side note, I just got really giddy reading through the thread, despite the debate. Who knew pronouns were that awesome?

Back
Top Bottom