• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Just reached my Villa and bought a computer desk (Because that is all I need in real life). I'm thinking of challenging the Elite 4 again, because I don't really want to go after any legendaries.

Torterra.png

Dotaitos
LV 62 Bashful
Crunch, Earthquake, Leaf Storm, Razor Leaf

Luxray.png

Rentoraa
LV 63 Docile
Thunder Fang, Crunch, Charge, Discharge

Typhlosion.png

Typhlosion
LV 64 Impish
Flamethrower, Double-Edge, Lava Plume, Quick Attack

Garchomp.png

Garchomp
LV 63 Adamant
Dig, Dragon Rush, Dragon Claw, Crunch

Swampert.png

Kalith
LV 62 Adamant
Muddy Water, Surf, Protect, Earthquake

Giratina.png

Giratina
LV 57 Brave
Ominous Wind, Ancient Power, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force

I've been neglecting my copy of Platinum, seriourly. D:

I just got through Valley Windworks with my Grotle, and I'm training a Gyarados and Staravia. More stats and whatnot later, because I'm tired...

I'm having a really tough time with Cyrus in the Distortion world. I might have to leave and re-do my party to take him down!

^ Are you having problems with levels or is it just because you're party doesn't have any move types super effective against his Pokemon? Cynthia will heal your Pokemon right after Cyrus so don't hold back.

Anyway.....in the past few weeks I managed to beat the 7 Gym Leaders and I just beat Volkner a minute ago. I got through the Distortion World pretty much alright. I caught Giratina with just one Ultra Ball! :D Lucky me. Before I attempt Victory Road and the Pokemon League though, I'm training my team up and teaching some TM moves to them. Right now, I'm in Iron Mountain and searching for that Shiny Stone in preperation for a Roserade :)

Current Team:

Empoleon (Princess)
Female
Lv. 48
Moveset: Pound, Bubblebeam, Aqua Jet, Brine

Staraptor (Star)
Female
Lv. 48
Moveset: Fly, Aerial Ace, Close Combat, Wing Attack

Luxray (Luminous)
Male
Lv. 49
Moveset: Crunch, Thunder Fang, Charge, Spark

Rapidash (Flame)
Male
Lv. 45
Moveset: Take Down, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Fire Blast

Roselia (Fluer)
Female
Lv. 42
Moveset: Magical Leaf, Petal Dance, Toxic, Giga Drain

^ Are you having problems with levels or is it just because you're party doesn't have any move types super effective against his Pokemon? Cynthia will heal your Pokemon right after Cyrus so don't hold back.
Both. Last night, though, I went back out, got some more items, and re-arranged my party, so I managed to beat him alright. (Thanks in a large part to a level 70 Regigigas that one of my friends gave me.) I also managed to capture Giritina, with a Masterball (don't worry, I have another, my friend was really helpful). I'm going to save that for when the Arceus event comes to USA (It will happen). Now I just have to go and get the graceous orb for it.

Ok...um...bump..

I've just beaten the Elite Four and have gotten to the Battle Area. I now have 10 pokemon left to see before the national Pokedex.

Well, I have beaten the Elite Four 10+ times, have an almost finsihed National Dex (8 more to go!:talking:), have most of the furniture in the Villa, have the 5 Star Trainer Card, and have a totally awesome secret base in the Underground. So yeah, I'm basically 98.5% complete. My team:

scizor@Muscle Band
Ability: Technician
Bullet Punch, X-Scissor, Brick Break, Night Slash

drifblim@Salac Berry
Ability: Undburden
Fly, Silver Wind, Psychic, Explosion

kangaskhan@Chople Berry
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Avalanche

skuntank@Shuca Berry
Ability: Aftermath
Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Strength

195.png
@Leftovers
Ability: Damp
Surf, Ice Beam, Yawn, Amnesia

ludicolo@Scope Lens
Ability: Swift Swim
Thunderpunch, Giga Drain, Rock Climb, Nature Power

Last edited:
So I've decided to revamp my ingame team before I got to Snowpoint and carry on with the game. Instead of waiting to get Electrabuzz, I decided to use Mag and I dropped my in-game Togetic ( I have a competitive one waiting on a Shiny Stone) in favor of a Crobat. I need to level up my two new party members a little before heading north.
Team:
Batters (Crobat) Lv.23
Asthore (Bronzong) Lv.45
Inzone (Magnezone) Lv.31
Firenze (Houndoom) Lv.46
Cosmo (Vaporeon) Lv.53
Taline (Torterra) Lv.49

Okay, so, I picked this back up again, after God knows how long, mostly because of the Member Card.

Remember how I mostly quit because I couldn't beat Bertha?

I totally whipped her. And got to Cynthia.

Team:

Death Giratina X @ None
Lv. 50
Brave
Pressure
Dark Pulse, Ancientpower, Dragon Claw, Shadow Force

Chuck Machoke M @ None
Lv. 49
Bashful (what Chuck Norris isn't bashful >:F)
No Guard
Revenge, Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, Cross Chop

Nick Steelix M @ None
Lv. 49
Adamant
Sturdy
Rock Slide, Dig, Crunch, Iron Tail

Burn Infernape M @ None
Lv. 52
Lax
Blaze
Close Combat, Rock Smash, Ember, Flame Wheel

Cleopatra Luxray-f F @ None
Lv. 49
Modest
Intimidate
Tackle, Crunch, Thunder Fange, Spark

May Floatzel F @ None
Lv. 51
Bold
Swift Swim
Crunch, Agility, Waterfall, Razor Wind

Meh, I have been neglecting the 4th Generation for a long time in favor of playing Blue and Crystal. Let's see...Platinum...

Hopper (Empoleon) Lv. 60
CptnFalcon (Staraptor) Lv. 59
D.C. (Luxray) Lv. 60
Din (Houndoom) Lv. 63
Tito (Espeon) Lv. 60
Camilla (Gliscor) Lv. 59

I beat the Elite 4 once and maybe finished the Stark Mountain quest...I don't remember. Mostly I've just been buying Villa furniture >.> I started chaining for shinies and only got a Dunsparce so far. I'm FINALLY starting a competitive Platinum team by trying to find a Modest Shiny Venomoth.

*grits teeth* I am currently on the hunt for the three legendary birds, but even after I talked to the professor, they're not showing up on my marking map. I feel like an idiot running around without any sense of where I'm supposed to be. Any suggestions? I'm really not sure what I've done wrong here.

*grits teeth* I am currently on the hunt for the three legendary birds, but even after I talked to the professor, they're not showing up on my marking map. I feel like an idiot running around without any sense of where I'm supposed to be. Any suggestions? I'm really not sure what I've done wrong here.

Got the National Pokedex? Have you talked to him in Eterna City?

... I got all three birds already, and I don't remember what I did exactly to get them, sorry.

You visit Oak at the Pal Park, and after seeing him in Eterna, they start flying arround.

As of current, I have my first level 100 in the game, every piece of furniture at my Villa, 224 pokemon in the dex, 14 legendaries and my starter (level 100 Infernape is on vacation.

Pokemon:
Scizor
Quiet, level 50

Moltres (from Japan)
Relaxed, level 82

Giratina
Rash, level 84

Tyranitar(Gojira)
Hasty, level 56

Blastoise
Quiet, level 92

Garchomp
Bold, level 73

Yeah, striving to finish.

Well, I've finished the main storyline for the game quite a while back, caught all in-game legends, decked out my Villa, and beat the E4 over 150 times (training some level 100s to crush my friends), but now...Battle Frontier!

So I didn't think it was worthy of a thread, but I need a bit of advice with my Absol. He has the Super Luck ability, so I was thinking of playing off of critical hits. But then, considering his level-up moves, his coverage is only so-so. He's not at the proper level yet, but he'll eventually know Slash, Night Slash, and Psycho Cut. Now, to properly play off the critical hits, I need to give him a Scope Lens. But, it's either that or better type coverage - I was thinking Water-type Natural Gift, which would require him to hold a Durin Berry. Which should I go with? Or, if I should teach him Natural Gift, should I make it a Fire-type instead? Because with the previous three moves, the only type he doesn't hit for at least normal effectiveness is Steel.

So I didn't think it was worthy of a thread, but I need a bit of advice with my Absol. He has the Super Luck ability, so I was thinking of playing off of critical hits. But then, considering his level-up moves, his coverage is only so-so. He's not at the proper level yet, but he'll eventually know Slash, Night Slash, and Psycho Cut. Now, to properly play off the critical hits, I need to give him a Scope Lens. But, it's either that or better type coverage - I was thinking Water-type Natural Gift, which would require him to hold a Durin Berry. Which should I go with? Or, if I should teach him Natural Gift, should I make it a Fire-type instead? Because with the previous three moves, the only type he doesn't hit for at least normal effectiveness is Steel.

Or you could use Stone Edge, Night Slash, Psycho Cut and Swords Dance.

And so, considering as he'll more than likely get critical hits, hitting Steel with not-very effective wouldn't matter much, especially with Swords Dance...and with his sister teaming up with him, holding a Brightpowder, they should make a good team for the Battle Frontier. Thanks~! <3

Funnily enough, I've actually been replaying Platinum when I stumbled upon this thread! It's old, but eh...

Anyway, I might post each time I make a significant amount of progress. For now, I have three badges, and I'm prepping for the fight against Maylene.

Team

Gaius the Grotle (Male, lv. 28)- Razor Leaf, Mega Drain, Curse, Bite
Echo the Crobat (Male, lv. 30)- Wing Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray, Return
Fuschia the Gastrodon (Female, lv. 30, Pink)- Water Pulse, Rain Dance, Body Slam, Mud Bomb
Wanda the Clefairy (Female, lv. 27)- Sing, Wake-up Slap, Cosmic Power, Secret Power

Back
Top Bottom