The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Role-Playing

Notices

Old 08-27-2016, 11:35 PM
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.

Pronoun: he
RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Mansion

Dmitri was in a bad mood. Like, a really bad mood. He went and put a turkey tin in the oven for later, then went to walk the corridors. His mood was worsened when someone had BURNED THE WALLS. I mean, that is really hard to fix! Paint and spackle and drywall are all expensive in most dimensions, and it's super hard to fix! And the mansion had a rule: You see it, you fix it. Since he didn't know who did it, he had to fix it. An hour later, Dmitri really needed to let off some steam, and his turkey still had two hours until it was done. He was PISSED. The rooms have a habit of frosting over when he's this furious, so he needed to go outside. He wanted someone there with him to go killing monsters, in case he either needed help or went on too much of a rampage and made a species extinct again. Turns out those sand-pandas were endangered. Nobody wanted that to happen again, sohe shouted, "Hey! I'm mad and I want to kill some things, and somebody's gonna with me! Grab a weapon, and let's GO!"

Last edited by Cobalion; 08-29-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Catalyst

Cynder is an unknown quantity at this point

"You really do need to calm your murderous impulses, Dmitri." said Alex calmly, "Some species don't take kindly to being killed."

He was standing in the entrance hall wearing chainmail armor and carrying a spear, contrasting Dmitri's modern garb.

"The arms and armor are more advanced than you think, especially because I'm here to stop you from doing something you may regret."

ralts
ASB
Old 08-30-2016, 03:33 PM

"Look, I need some stress relief. My dimension's gone... downhill since I left, and no, I will not talk about it. Add that to someone burning a hole in the wall and just LEAVING it for someone else to fix, and I'll be a bit on edge. Let's just go. We'll split up. Whoever kills the least monsters has to be the other's servant for 24 hours. On your marks... get set... GO!!!"

They dashed away at top speed, with Alex on the left and Dmtri on the right. Dmitri immediately found a nest of 7 monsters. They all made this weird screeching noise, shocked. Dmiri froze one of them tocthe ground, then made an ice cleaver and threw it at the frozen creature, killing jt. The rest screeched and started charging at him. Dnitri froze the ground and they slipped. Just then, the gravity went sideways and Dmitri fell to the east. However, the monsters, being adapted to the environment, simply dug their claws into the ground and hung from it. Dmitri smacked into the side of a hill and cursed. He made two spikes of ice and started climbing by stabbing them into the ground, until he got back to the nest. The momsters started screeching again.

"Getting real tired of your screeching, guys." Dmitri threw one of the spikes at one of thw monsters and then, hanging from the other, froze his feet to the ground, letting him hang while using both hands. He stabbed the other spike into another monster's face. He blasted the fourth monster in the face with a huge chunk of ice. He froze the fifth solid, then grabbed the one leg sticking out of the ice and smashed it into the other two. Dmitri pulled out a camera and took a selfie with all of the corpses. That'll do nicely as proof..., he thought, as the gravity went to moon level. He bounded off, in search of more monsters.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Catalyst

"Well Spence," Alex said after he reentered the mansion "Dmitri's off killing things, so what's your plan?"

After listening to the Recenseranian describe his plan Alex went to return his armor to the armory. He passed the living room and called through to Ama "You may want to go up to your room, I have a feeling this latest prank might backfire dangerously." And with that he was off to the storage rooms to get some supplies.

ralts
ASB
Old 09-09-2016, 12:41 AM

"Well isn't this such a wonderful pickle..."
Dmitri was surrounded, that much was obvious. It seemed that he was only surrounded by alpha males, though, because they were bigger... so that meant the others were females and weaklings? Huh. Whatever, they were easy pickings. Just make a bunch of ice spikes come up from the ground. He took a picture, then started walking back. I'll just take a little snapshot here... little pose here... Perfect!
After that, he started walking back home. He was even feeling a bit better about his whole home dimension being enslaved by the government using fake implants! Just a little bit. Maybe soon, the doors would change and he could do something about it... Meh. For now he'd settle for a tropical island and chilling from the prank war. He just wanted to chill out for a bit. Maybe play some cards. It's been stressful since he saw all of the TV shows with mind-controlled hosts. He wanted his family to be safe, even if they were obnoxious about him coming back.
Dmitri shook himself, telling himself in his mind to be cool. It'd probably be a while before he could go back to Natrull, and the masterminds didn't seem to want to harm the slaves. He could chill and leave that thought behind, like in a good TV show, and come back to it later. He texted Alex that he was going back, and kept on walking. He got back to the mansion in about ten minutes, then walked inside, not knowing what to expect.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:17 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

"And that's the last pie! We're done!"
Alex and Spence high fived each other, as they had finished their prank. It was simple, yet effective: they had gotten 4 telescoping hands, and they made 4 cream pies and duct taped a pie to each telescoping hand. When Dmitri came back, he would be quadruple-creamed. "Such a shame that so many great pies have to be wasted for this to work... oh well..." Spence lamented. "Why were there so many telescoping hands in this mansion??" Alex muttered to himself, when his phone went off. "It's a text from Dmitri; he's coming back soon. Let's get ready." he said to Spence. "Alright! I'm gonna go get Ether, because we'll need someone to thaw us out when he inevitably freezes us for this, so I'll meet you by the front door. Let's go!!" he said. Alex nodded in response, and the two dashed off in their separate directions.

"Ether! Yo, Ether!" Spence called out. "I need you for somethin important!" Ether then appeared in front of Spence, ready for action. "Huh, that was fast! You'd think I'd have to look all over the mansion to find you, and I'd only find you at the last second, but I guess not. Anyway, let's go meet Alex at the front!" With that, they raced over to the front, where Spence got his pie hands ready to cream. "He should be coming any second, so get ready." Alex called. And as he said that, the front doorknob began to turn, the door opened, and the pies flew at the person who just came through.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:41 PM

"Thanks for the pie, Spence. Cream pies are my favorite category of pie. Though they could use some chocolate drizzle."
Dmitri had walked in the front door while yawning, and about 20% of the pie went in his mouth. After he finished choking, he wiped pie off of his face and gave his compliments the the chef.
"Oh, Ether! Look! A fire!"
Ether turned a shade of blue and turned around. There was no fire, what was he-
Ether got frozen solid. "That's what you get for being an accomplice. As for you guys, I have something planned for doing something like that. Would've killed a human. For almost killing me, you should expect something terrible. Have fun, stay on your toes, and stay away from boiled cabbage!"
Dmitri bounded back to his room, doing a spin in the air. When he opened the door, he thought,
It must be terrifying to have a super-cyborg threaten you. I must be scary.
Dmitri went to go on his computer. He switched it on, then coughed as it belched black smoke . "Are... are you... are you serious? Who did this?"
He opened up the panel and didn't like what he saw. The motherboard was melted and the disc that was inside it had fused with the disc tray. It couldn't have been Ama, she wasn't good with fire. And it couldn't have been anyone competent, because he would murder them faster than you can say anything. It must've been Skittles. He grabbed Skittles and brought him to Spence.
"Hey, I'll forget about the whole bloody revenge thing if you can teach Skittles to control his fire. Maybe get Ether to teach him, that lizard understands you when you speak. Get Skittles to melt him or whatever. I've got a melted computer to throw out and replace."
Dmitri walked away. Spence, in reply, said, "Um... okay?"
Old 09-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Catalyst

Another day, another dimension. Such is life in a world-hopping mansion. Alex got up, went to the kitchen and mixed up a cup of cocoa. No one else was down yet, so after he drained his cup he looked out the door to see the new dimension. The blast of heat made him quickly shut it again. He cast a ward on himself and opened the door once more and the heat, though dulled, was scorching, and the unprotected carpet was singed almost immediately. He held the door open long enough to get a temperature reading and shut it again gratefully. The thermometer, when he looked at it, was warped from the heat, and was still somewhat flexible, the readout was charred over to the point of illegibility.

“We appear to have landed in a superhot dimension," he wrote, " and caution is advised when leaving the mansion; Dmitri, even you might not be able to shield yourself for more than a few minutes.”

He then pinned the note to the door, and went back to the kitchen to make himself breakfast.

ralts
ASB

Last edited by Cynder; 09-21-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 09-20-2016, 09:59 PM
The finchiest of widgets

Gosh, he can be such a jerk. Spence thought. For the second time in an hour, he was shivering violently. Only this time, Ether was doing the same. Suddenly, he felt a small rumbling, like a scale 3 earthquake, as he walked into the kitchen, muttering and stuttering (because of the cold) about how he could've just saved the time and eaten the pies himself, when he saw the note. "F-F-FINALLY! I-it w-w-was so dr-drab in that oth-o-other one. And could-couldn't be at a buh-buh-better time!" he said. He raced over to the nearest dimension door and opened it. A wave of heat hot enough to cook dough into bread in 5 seconds came out, but Spence and Ether just sighed in relief as they got warm again.

They quickly shut it before too much damage could be done and went back on their way when Dmitri came up holding his cat... it's name was M&M, or something.... and gave him to Spence. "Hey, I'll forget about the whole bloody revenge thing if you can teach Skittles to control his fire. Maybe get Ether to teach him, that lizard understands you when you speak. Get Skittles to melt him or whatever. I've got a melted computer to throw out and replace." Dmitri said. "Um... ok?" Spence said, as Dmitri walked out of sight. He held up Twix(?) and said "Um, hey Twix! I guess I'm teaching you fire control?" In response, Hershey(??) spit a fireball an inch away from Spence's ear, burning through the wall in the process. "WHOA!! That couldve hurt, man! And that mess... looks like another case of intergalactic mold... anyway, Ether, you know fire better then me, and I will probably be in the infirmary for a while if this keeps up. Could you teach Snickers(???) how to control his fire and listen to people. Oh, and make sure there's no more intergalactic mold cases. Thanks!" Spence said. Milky Way (ż?) then proceeded to attempt to burn through the carpet, and as Ether put out the burning carpet, he shot Spence a look that said I'll-get-you-for-this. But Spence had already turned colorless and disappeared.

Well, it looks like I'm burdened with teaching you fire control. Stupid Spencer, saddling me with this alone. I should roast his new stash of ice cream later. Anyway... where should we start? Ether said.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:46 AM

Dmitri was trying to fix the AC. It hadn't been a problem for a while, as most had been a comfortable heat.
Now everybody was actually going to die for real this time, and Dmitri was the resident expert on cooling. He tried fiddling with a few wires, cursed, and tried again.
"Dmitri! My couch is melting! Hurry up in there!"
"Dmitri! You foolish mortal! I'll kill you if you don't fix it!"
"My ice cream!"
"Dmitri. Fix it, else we'll all perish."
"The library's on fire!"
"I don't need illusion magic, there's already mirages here!"
"Guys, chill out. I've almost... Got it!"
There was a wave of relief as Dmitri walked out of the main control room for the heating/cooling. Everyone patted him on the back, even Set.
"So, has anyone gone outside yet?"
Everyone shook their heads in unision.
"So nobody went out and checked if the people have heat-protecting tech?"
Everybody looked a bit sheepish.
"So, guess it's my job for now."
Dmitri made as big of a suit of the coldest ice he could make as could fit through the door. He then reinforced it while outside.
After three hours, Dmitri returned with a half-sized suit or armor and a backpack full of special leather suits.
"Now, I've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that there's people here. Bad news is that they're basically cowboys.
"How is that bad news?" Alex asked.
"They held a gun to my head in my first moments there. But don't worry, they warmed up to me after I showed them my powers. Then they started talking about some sort of prophecy with people who sound like me, Spence, and Emmie. Also said that we can bring along whoever we want. Something about some rad swords or whatever. Personally, I'm going to pass out because this armor is really heavy and it took so much out of me to make it. Good night."Thud.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Emperor of the Nerds

Pronoun: God of stuff
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Set was now sitting in the living room, watching The Lion King, and after the movie was over, he couldn't get the song "Be Prepared" out of his head, as Scar somehow reminded the god of chaos of himself. Ironically, he also was sobbing uncontrollably when Mufasa died, but Set, like most 90s kids, easily forgot about it when "Hakuna Matata" started. Maybe Set would now realize that killing Osiris may have seemed a good idea at the time, but clearly didn't think it through.

Then, he burst open the door to the outside and randomly shouted "HAKUNA MATATA, MOTHERFUCKER!" at the top of his lungs.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:13 PM

"Why didn't you get me a super cool prophecy sword? You know that I need an upgrade!" Jordan said angrily. "How am I supposed to kill things with this freaking 18th century steakknife?"
"Hey, relax. It's not my fault that there was an awesome marathon on!" Dmitri said, defiantly
"You stared at a blank TV screen for hours and made everyone a frozen martini."
"Yeah, a marathon of IMAGINATION."
"I hate you."
"Love you too!"
Dmitri decided to make some more s'mores outside, while still not facing any fire-cowboy-men. He would have had the best Kit-Kat s'more, if he didn't find himself and the mansion in a small, closed off space with holes in the walls. He cautiously tiptoed around, trying to look for a way out. Suddenly, a woman appeared behind him, smiling.
"Hi! Who are you? I haven't seen someone like you around here before!"
"Um... hi, my name's Dmitri," he said, dissipating the cold he had suddenly built up to defend himself. "So, uh, who're you?"
"Oh, I'm Emily! Nice to meet you!"
"Yeah, a pleasure. Hey, I'm new around here, so could you show me around?"
"Of course! Just follow me through the tubes!"
"The... tubes?"
Emily responded by turning into a mass of goo and squeezing into a hole in the wall.
"Whoa!"
"What, you've never seen the tubes? Of course you have! How else would you have gotten here, through a dimension-hopping mansion or something?"
"Yes."
Emily stared blankly at Dmitri.
"Nevermind, just stick around. I've got to do something."
Dmitri then walked into the mansion and called a meeting.
"So, the new dimension is inhabited by these sort of slime-people."
"That sounds cool," Jordan said.
"Yeah, but they travel around through holes in the wall that are about 2 inches around."
"That sounds... less cool, or at least less convinient for us."
"Hey, not to butt in or anything, but I think that we have some potions that could help with that in the pantry. There's all sorts of stuff in there. One time I drank one and turned red for the day," Alex said.
"That's not impressive."
"Not all of us can turn red on command, Spence."
"Oh, yeah."
Dmitri stood up. "Welp, I don't know about all of you, but I need a shower after that fire dimension. Don't die while I'm gone."
"No promises!"
Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM
DigiDestined

Darkanine is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Darkanine

Days have passed, yet Jordan stayed in the library, reading. At first, the novelty of finding real books of witchcraft and wizardry seduced him, but now, Jordan was actually learning magic in its purest form. We weren't just talking about being able to cast fireballs and magic missile, we were talking about the real deal! It's funny how just a few days, levitating a book seemed like the complex task he had done up until this point, but now it was second nature.

"Lets see, Transmutation
spell...check...Telekinesis...check...Clairvoyance...check...Summoning...double check...pain immunity...ouch! Not check".

Jordan was looking over the spells he learned. He had a humble mastery over the elements and was already beginning to expand into the really impressive stuff. "Fire, water, ice, wind, light, darkness. I got it all! I AM A GOD" Jordan chanted, before chuckling at his own inflated ego. "I jest, I jest, hahaha". He looked around, noticing that neither he nor Milly ate in days, yet both seemed perfectly content, at least on the hunger front. He did noticed that Milly was getting rather bored, being crowded up in this one library for so bored. "You must not be having much fun here, girl. Don't worry, we'll leave shorty" he said in a gentle tone.

He got up from his chair and grabbed as many books as he could from the shelves and stuffed them all in his backpack. He must've grabbed over 50 books, but it'll be worth it he thought. The load was heavy. Way heavier then he was expecting but he carried on outside of the dimension.

Almost as soon as he walked of the dimension, he grew insanely hungry. "I guess I'll go and make some breakfast..."
Old 12-04-2016, 05:52 PM

"Great organization system we have here..." Dmitri mumbled to himself. "Can't tell the Insta-Chicken from the Hex-Lax... Ah, here we are. Vapor potion."
Dmitri sipped the potion, then did a spit-take over the walls. "Nope, wrong type of vape... oh, hey, that's where my yo-yo went!"
He proceeded to attempt a yo-yo trick and knock down the bottle of Insta-Chicken, turning his yo-yo into a chicken on a string. The chicken crapped on the ground and ran off, string trailing behind it.
"I'll get someone else to chase the chicken down... man, that was my favorite yo-yo!"
Dmitri sat down on a barrel, disappointed. "Might as well keep looking for that potion of vapor..."
Dmitri picked up one unlabeled potion, uncorked it, and burst into flames. He put out the fire by stopping, dropping, and rolling, but then knocked into a shelf and tipped another potion onto himself, it splattering all over and becoming useless. Dmitri stood up and looked at his clothes. His "I HATE T-SHIRTS" shirt was completely ruined, as well as his shorts. He decided to keep looking for the vapor potion, and to be twelve times as cautious. He wasn't able to find it after an hour and about 1% of the potions searched, but he did find a potion of toxic gas, paralysis, and a potion that would ruin the flow of a story completely. Jordan was soaked in blood. Alex slapped a nun. Steve Jobs showed up. Ama kicked someone where the sun doesn't shine. Finally Dmitri found the cure for the potion, waited for a dramatic pause and- Dmitri was working out. He cured himself and decided to take a break. He was about to leave when he noticed that there was some dirt on the barrel that he was sitting on. They'd ruin his shorts more than they already were! He dusted it off, and saw...
"Oh, goddammit."
On top of the barrel was a label that said "Potion of Vapor". He pried it open, took a sip, and instantly turned into a gaseous form. He could somehow solidify on command and make himself clear. He pondered for a moment, and decided to prank someone before venturing into the dimension. He wafted into the kitchen, hoping that someone walked in before the potion wore off, and waited to spook someone when they walked in.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:40 AM
sandslash sandpan

Pronoun: they / she
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point

Ama opened the door to her room and stepped inside. It had been a long couple of weeks, involving a trip to a magma/lava dimension that had scared her out of her mind, someone replacing instant coffee with ground cinnamon, breaking a record six electronic devices in two and a half days, and something about an exploding washing machine.

Not that she'd really been present for most of it. She spent most of her time drifting about the hallways or reading or attempting to track down the cat that had been following her around for a while now. Some of the other people in the mansion were doing other interesting things, like learning magic or attempting to find potions in unlabeled bottles. Which was not really her thing, considering the effects of Dmitri's latest attempt at finding some new prank mechanism.

She'd had to kick someone away from the fire extinguisher. In any means possible. Not like she really regretted it, given the circumstances, but still. Violence bothered her to some tiny extent.

She sat down on her bed and waited to hear the sounds of chaos. Something was bound to happen soon, and maybe she'd even leave to see the aftermath.

(But not until the aftermath. Heaven forbid she be there for the actual chaos.)

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola
Old 01-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Catalyst

"Hey, Jordan," Alex called as he entered the kitchen, "You've been in the library for a while. I was wondering if you had seen a spellbook with air spells in it? Specifically spells like Gaseous Form or Wind Form. Aqueous Form might work, too."

Jordan seemed too busy eating to answer.

"Eh, I'll be in the workshop if you think of anything." And with that Alex grabbed an orange and left.

ralts
ASB

Last edited by Cynder; 01-07-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Fixed random capitalization error.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:16 PM

Disappointed in the lack of pranking opportunities, Dmitri filled his trusty metal flask with potion, the counter on the flask measuring it as 3 hours' worth of potion. As he exited the masnsion, he glanced over and saw the ever-so-slimy Emily pacing back and forth, if it could be called that. As she noticed him, she let out a sigh and muttered, "Finally... thought you disappeared... Anyway!" She clapped her hands, making a strange slime-clap sound. "Are you ready to see the Capital?"
"Uhh, sure. Let's go."
"Wonderful! Just follow me."
Emily turned back into her shapeless form and squeezed into the same hole that she had gone through earlier. Dmitri, taking a deep breath, drank a gulp from the legendary flask, Flasknir, and vaporised. Gathering up his courage, he waft-dove into the tube. It was lit up inside, the walls of the tube made of a plastic-like structure with luminescent material behind it. Following the pink mass that was now Emily, he watched as she moved gelatinously through the pipes. She stopped briefly, saying the word "left" by vibrating her body ever-so-slightly. Dmitri, mute as the average gas, continued behind her as she navigated the tunnels. After a while, Emily tried to start up a conversation, only getting the one-sided type.
"So, where are you from?"
No answer. Dmitri realized that he'd need to figure out that speech-by-vibration technique if he wanted to communicate at all in the pipes.
"Well, I'm from the Capital, Vania City. It's a nice place, no discrimination. All types of slimes are welcome. One time I saw a fire slime chatting it up with a water slime! You don't get that in discrimatory places, like... I don't know, Liqvin."
Dmitri felt very awkward in his mute state. He was so curious, yet able to ask no questions.
"So, what slime color is in where you come from? Yellow is all the rage n Vania right now, but I like this color. Unless you're one of those clear purists who don't like dying their slime."
That was interesting. They dye their very being in this dimension. Dmitri made a mental note to ask more about that later.
"Of course, your current color is nice. Snow-white is a great color. Maybe next time I get a dye, I'll choose that shade. Transparent style, of course. No offense."
Dmitri rather liked his fair skin, and wasn't amused by this comment, foreign-dimension logic or not.
"We're almost to Vania. Ready to see the best city ever?"
An awkward silence.
"You know, it's not nice to ignore people. Here we are, Central Station."
As the duo emerged from the pipe, Dmitri couldn't believe his eyes. He solidified instantly to get a look at the massive city.
"Cool, huh? There's the capitol, there's the dye shop, and- You look a bit dehydrated. Want to go get a drink?"
"That sounds great."
"The cafe's this way."
Dmitri walked behind Emily towards a small building.
"You know, you move pretty strangely. Guess some people think those stilt attachments are cool."
Dmitri snapped and started scolding Emily.
"Look, you can stop ripping on me. I'm not even from this dimension!"
"What do you mean?"
"I AM A SOLID. I couldn't even move through your stupid pipes until I went and grabbed a potion to turn me gaseous! If you don't believe me, touch my arm! Do it!"
Emily, skeptical, burbled uncertainly and did as he said, and was shocked to feel that he was correct.
"See? Not liquid!"
"Oh my god, you're right. I'm so sorry. I didn't-"
Ring, ri-
Dmitri pulled out his phone and shouted, "WHAT?!"
"Jeez, man. I just wanted to tell you that I found something that I can use," Spence's voice said. "Should I wait for you to come back, or...?"
"Yeah, I'm coming. Just a few minutes."
Dmitri turned to Emily. "Now, could you please take me back so I can lead my friends here too?"
"Fine. But don't yell at me. Just because I don't understand you doesn't mean I'm being disrespectful."
And with that they started the trip back to the cavern.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:43 AM
The finchiest of widgets

"Man, it would be pretty cool if I could change the color of other objects... Maybe I should ask Alex or Jordan if they know how I could do that..."
Spence was sitting in the kitchen, tossing a starfruit back and forth with Ether, with Ether blasting it with air power to send it back.
"No, seriously, wouldn't that be cool? I could sneak up on Dmitri, and turn him hot pink! Of course, I'd probably be hit with a pie... or worse... but it would be so worth it!" Spence said, as Ether rolled his eyes.
Spence threw the starfruit back at Ether, who sent it back at him again.
"Ah man, why is everyone always gone?? Dmitri's gone, Jordans somewhere, Alex is off studying, Ama is elsewhere, and Sets watching the Lion King for the 52nd time... and I'm throwing a starfruit back and forth with a chameleon. No offense, Ether. I just wish something would happen." Spence tossed the starfruit at Ether again. Ether, however, was feeling energetic, and made his air blast a little to strong. This, in turn, sent the starfruit rocketing through the wall behind Spence, making a starfruit sized hole in the wall.
"My starfruit!" Spence yelled, and reached in to the hole to grab it... but felt something that didn't feel like a delicious, juicy starfruit.
"Holy crud, Ether, I think there're books back here! We need to tear down this wall!" Spence said excitedly. And before Ether could stop him, Spence went to go find stuff to tear down a wall.

Ama came into the kitchen after hearing a crash from that general area, only to see Spence with a hammer, tearing down the kitchen wall a bit at a time. Ether had left a while ago, wanting no part of this.
"What are you doing, Spence??" she said in disbelief. Spence calmly replied "Oh, just getting my starfruit back."
"That must be an expression or something, right?" she inquired. "No... I launched my starfruit through the wall, and when I went to grab it, I just grabbed a book instead. Oh yeah, that reminds me, I guess theres books in this wall." he said. Ama didn't really know how to reply to this, so she just left the room.
Spence continued on the wall, and before long, he had a wide enough hole to properly see inside. And inside was pretty intriguing; there were 3 bookshelves full of what looked to be hidden magic books. At least, thats what he thought; he had no idea how to read magic spells.
But those were pretty boring, so he focused on the two things he thought were cool in this hidden nook:
1. His starfruit, resting on a shelf, which Spence wiped on his shirt and ate.
2. A box full of old board games, which he could use with the other people here! Spence enjoyed board games almost as much as video games, so this was a nice surprise.
Anyway, this seemed like a pretty big deal, so he dialed up Dmitri. On the second ring, Dmitri picked up and yelled "WHAT?!", kinda shocking Spence, since he's normally pretty chill. "Jeez, man. I just wanted to tell you that I found something that I can use... should I wait for you to come back, or...?"
"Yeah, I'm coming. Just a few minutes." he said, then hung up.
Geez, I wonder what his problem is... oh, shoot, I forgot to say something about the books! Spence thought. Ah well, I'll just tell him when he gets here... maybe I should go tell Alex about the books in the meantime. And with that thought, he went to go find Alex.