The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Competitive Battling

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Rayven

Pronoun: He
GoldRaven12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help Assembling: VA Pachirisu

Hi, I'm Rayven, perhaps you know me, I work with Mohac (aka Q-val). I've recently gotten into competitive battling, and I'm trying to assemble my first team. I'm using some off-beat Pokemon in this team, and sorta building as I go. One of the Pokemon I wanna try is Pachirisu, but for it to be viable, I need one with Volt Absorb. I'm looking for anyone who has Pachirisu in their freind safari, or has one who has VA. Thanks a bunch!
-Rayven
Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Need Help Assembling: VA Pachirisu

Before doing this, I would strongly advise making a team on a simulator such as Pokémon Showdown and then seeing how your intended team idea fares. Were you simply to make the team in-game and then test it out only to find that it was terrible and you'd wasted all that time would be a horrible experience. If your team turns out badly on the simulator, you would then be able to change things immediately rather than having to breed more and more pokémon, each of which would take around 2 to 3 hours minimum in order to get perfect.

Trust me, it's a huge pain to go through the trouble of making something in-game only to find that it just doesn't hold up.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.

Last edited by Superbird; 01-22-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM
you cannot have my pain

Pronoun: they
Nira is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbird View Post
Before doing this, I would strongly advise making a team on a simulator such as Pokémon Showdown and then seeing how your intended team idea fares. Were you simply to make the team in-game and then test it out only to find that it was terrible and you'd wasted all that time would be a horrible experience. If your team turns out badly on the simulator, you would then be able to change things immediately rather than having to breed more and more pokémon, each of which would take around 2 to 3 hours minimum in order to get perfect.
I hadn't actually thought of that, but Superbird is absolutely correct. Pokémon Showdown will help you make sure your team is as good as you think it is, because you just don't know until you see it in the field. This'll also help you make tweaks to your team until it's perfect. Really, I would recommend a few showdown runs before you start breeding at all.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Rayven

GoldRaven12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the warning.

Last edited by GoldRaven12; 02-11-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Tags
competitive, freind safari, hidden ability, lfp, pokemon