The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Role-Playing > Role-Playing Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 03:50 AM
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.

Pronoun: he
RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [Open] (Signups) The Mansion

I saw the original idea in a short web comic and I thought, "Hey, that'd be a good roleplay. I might just do that." But then I thought, "Hey, just having a regular old mansion would be kinda boring. So I had an idea to make it less boring. So here it is, albeit altered to make it more interesting. Try to have fun, even though this is the first RP that I've made and it'll probably suck. But what's life without some risks?

Deep in a forest of Earth, there was a mansion. It had a powerful spell cast on it in ancient times, which made it exist in many dimensional planes at once, so in different places it's in different spots. But the peoples of all dimensions were warned about it. You could only exit the mansion at certain times, and even then you can't control which dimension the door leads to. So if you entered, you had to wait until the correct door opened. Due to this, the elders instructed the people to stay away, unless they wanted to be unable to control their fate. However, a group of people were brave, or just crazy enough to LIVE in the mansion. These people are powerful, brave, or just quirky enough to enter and enjoy it. I mean, I can't blame them. The mansion has some sweet decor, and a frozen yogurt machine...
Anyway! Back to the story! Some dimensions have people with powers, while others are just people who came here on a dare or was told about a great treasure hidden in the mansion. I mean, there's no treasure. All the decor and furniture isn't valuable, just stylish and timeless. All of the gold's fake. The people who come here to steal aren't treated very well. Usually beaten up and kicked out into whatever dimension's open at the time. This one guy named Hunter got punted into a really sucky desert dimension. Hunter sucked. Didn't even hunt.
Some people are sent here to recruit heroes to fight in a conflict, but that's not very common, considering that most people don't want to leave an air-conditioned mansion to go fight a sucky war in a magma dimension.
Truly, the people here do whatever they want. Pranks, games, reading the absolutely huge library that's there, there's something for every brave person. There's this awesome pinball machine that I have the highscore on, it was great.
It's great! Stop on by anytime. We'll save a room for you.
-Dmitri

Rules:
*In the off times there IS a fight, no Mary-Sueing. There's a reason that the wizards didn't allow access to the Mary-Sue dimension.

*This is all in good fun. If I prank you, you don't need to blast my face off with your bazooka.

*Please, try not to post too much. We'll keep the limit at two posts in a row, in case it's going slowly. Any more, and we'll have a problem.

*Don't just make up some excuse that your character is some sort of multidimensional being that can control the doors. You. Cannot. Control. The dimensions.

Application:

Name - Self-explanatory, really.

Dimension - Where'd you come from? You CAN make it from some sort of pop culture, but it'd be more fun if you're original. And try to think of a good name. I don't want any sand elves from "Sand World".

Species - What are you? If you're a regular human, put it here. If you're a fire-breathing green turtle man, put it here. If all of your species have this ability or CAN have this ability, put it here. Otherwise, if it's NOT normal for you to spray spikes out of your nose, put it under "Abilities".

Age - How old are you? And by the way, all the dimensions agreed on using years, and days. Always hated how the people from Earth think they're in charge since they're "the only habitable planet in their dimension". I mean, every place is habitable, just to different peoples.

Personality - What do you act like? What do you do under pressure? And don't just put "mysterious" or "happy". You're not ALWAYS happy. You should describe it. Do you crack under pressure? Do you react adversely to certain things? What are you annoyed by? People won't know this automatically, but you'll know and your character will know. Others will know if you tell them, of course.

Appearance - I mean, what does your character look like. You're not always going to wear the same clothes. That's gross. Much rather have you describe your clothes every post than have you stinking up the place in your 20 year old clothes.

History - (optional)What happened in your life? What made you come here, and what made you stay? Some people are here for fun, while others are here for refuge. Put some thought into it, if you even do it.

Abilities - (optional) If your character can shoot toxic waste out of their knees, and your species normally CAN'T do that, that's noteworthy. If it's already a part of your species, then put it under "Species". If it's something not all of your species have, put it here.

Room Decor - (optional) Everyone has a room. Not everyone customizes theirs, though. If you're the type to design a room, put it here. If not, you'll just have a room with a basic bed, a computer, and a door. Some have windows which lets you see into all dimensions at once, and yet none. Some people drive themselves insane trying to figure out which one, but that's only the people who think too much. A few of them are enchanted to see into the current dimension, but those are way limited. Damn lazy wizards.

Pets - (optional) I mean, most people have a little companion that they take places. It might help you fight, or do tricks, or just generally be annoying, but if you want one, it's right here.

Current Accepted Applications:
Dmitri: RedneckPhoenix
Set: Kung Fu Ferret
Spencer Worthington Doonesbury Bradshaw III(lol): Stryke
Jordan: Darkanine
Alexander Reilly: Cynder
Emmanuella “Emmie” Agnelli: Flora
Ama: Faorzia

Enchanted Window rooms:
RedneckPhoenix
Cynder
(Three Left)

I think that'll do it. We're always looking for new company, so come on in!

Last edited by Cobalion; 08-13-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:26 AM

Default Re: [Open] (Signups) The Mansion

Application:

Name - Dmitri (no last names in my dimension, sister.)

Dimension - The futuristic dimension of Natrull. We've got a society without wars, cures to all major illnesses, and good education. It's kind of a Utopia of sorts. No problems. There's unbalance in the economy, but not so much as to where there's people who can't have food and people who build giant monuments just for fun.

Species - "Humanoid" as humans call it. Two arms, two legs, two eyes, a torso, mouth, nose, whatever. We do have advanced robotics that can improve your body, though. Make you more flexible or strong or whatever. Only the richest of people can have them, except for people who committed great acts of valor.

Age - 27 in human years.

Personality - Rather upbeat with friends, and comfortable with new things. Doesn't let people know that he has some irrational fears. Not scared of the dark, scared of being alone for too long, scared of being alone in the dark. Not scared of spiders, but scared of cicadas. Nobody knows why. Really likes that turkey that comes in the tin with the gravy. Enjoys alternative Earth music and culture. Really wants to travel to Earth someday, despite their attitudes. Also likes other music, but Earth music clicked with him somehow. Don't even get me started on goddamn cilantro. He once shouted out in the middle of a mexican dinner, "I HATE GODDAMN CILANTRO!" after taking a bite of a taco that someone had ordered cilantro on.

Appearance - Stands at a 6' 5", somewhat pale, long hair completely dyed a a flaming red. Not fat, but not buff either. Weighs in at about 210 pounds alone, plus forty if you include his implants. Shaves his face every day, so no 'stache. Hates being hot, but likes being cold. Don't ask why. He couldn't tell you.

History - Well, remember how I told you about our Utopian society?
Well, it's soooo boooring! I mean, what are you supposed to do when everything's done for you? It suuucks! So, when he was told that there was a way that he could get out of the loop of doing slightly impressive things and getting 12,000,000 medals a day, he bounced and entered. 5 years later and he's now a veteran in the mansion.

Abilities - Robotic implants that can be set from slightly cooling down something to encasing it in solid ice. Powered by liquid nitrogen, or ice from the coldest dimensions and places known to anyone. One time he left behind a huge stock of it in this place with these gnarly creatures, and it turns out it powers up ice-type moves. They named it NeverMeltIce, which was kind of a boring name to be honest. Anyway, he also has some implants that make him a bit stronger and more flexible. Not too much, though. Also has some implants that let him breathe underwater and filters poisoned air, so he's rather versatile in places he can go. However, everyone has weaknesses. If he gets hurt enough, robotics start breaking, so he'll be out of commission for a while, until he gets repaired or repairs it himself. Also, healing magic can only heal flesh, not robotics, so you'll need a technomancer to heal him fully.

Room Decor - The walls are painted black, there are some band posters from that one time that Earth guy brought a bunch of them. Super powerful computer that's a hybrid of Earth and Natrull technology. Built it himself. Has one of the limited rooms with the window that the ancient ones who built it tried to enchant, but there were so many windows they only got through a few before quitting. Blue blankets on bed. Way too many pillows. It's an ongoing prank. He told someone that he hated having too many pillows, then got pranked. Every time he tries to get rid of them, they reappear every night, so he just throws most of them on the ground and sleeps with about 2 or 3. Wardrobe full of clothes. Has laundry machine and drier. Bathroom as well. It's basically a premium bedroom. Not all of them are this nice, though some are still open. Stock of silly string under bed for pranking.

Pets - A little fluffy fire-ocelot from the jungles of Natrull. Trained to do tricks or whatever. Guess it could help in a fight, but it kinda does what it wants to. Only does te tricks and stuff for food.

Last edited by Cobalion; 08-27-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Catalyst

Cynder is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting concept. I might post an application later, could I reserve a windowed room?

ralts
ASB
Old 08-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Sure.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Emperor of the Nerds

Pronoun: God of stuff
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Name - Set

Dimension - Duat, aka the realm of ancient Egyptian gods

Species - God

Age - 7,000 (in mortal human years)

Personality - As the God of Chaos, he likes to be the cause of anarchy. He gets jealous easily (Just ask his brother Osiris, whom Set killed.... TWICE!). Getting him angry is also a death sentence. Set is also a sucker for playing pranks, but does eat healthy (his favorite food is lettuce)

Appearance - Picture copyright to the makers of "Age of Mythology"

History - Set was born as one of Geb and Nut's four children. After years of envying his brother Osiris (who was pharaoh at the time), Set decided to kill Osiris by locking him into a sarcophagus and threw it into the Nile after cutting it into fourteen pieces. Set eventually took the throne, ruling unopposed for years. He was later forced to battle his nephew Horus (who intended to avenge Osiris) off-and-on for a period of eighty years. However, the two were evenly matched, and the sun god Ra (Set's grandfather) declared Horus the new pharaoh. Set's punishment was to live in The Mansion until further notice.

Abilities - Set can transform into a large bull hippopotamus, slowly drive mortals into madness, and is very good with a spear.

Room Decor - All red everything.

Pets - (optional) none
Old 08-11-2016, 10:06 PM

Accepted.
(we're pretty much all crazy anyways)
Old 08-12-2016, 12:13 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

Name: Spencer Worthington Doonesbury Bradshaw III (Everyone just calls him Spence)

Dimension: The Recensere Dimension, where continental drift happens so often that a common synonym for crazy there is "mapmaker". The climate varies with the land, and by "varies", I mean one second you'll be in the rainforest, and the next you'll see a desert. With a mountain range in it. It's pretty hectic, but the wildlife has managed to adapt and live peacefully, and the civilization is somewhat similar to Earth in a lot of ways.

Species: Human-ish, wth one big exception: All Recenseranians can change the color of any part of their body to any color at will (including black, white, and even colorless!), which means that, if they desired, a Recenseranian could make their skin a hot pink and their hair a neon green. Why this happens, I don't know, but it's cool nonetheless.

Personality: Endearingly quirky. Will do random weird things for no reason, like walking backwards for a day, or only speaking in Pig Latin for a day. He's also very chill, and has a high anger point, but if you push him beyond that point, then he's like an entirely different person... so you really shouldn't do that. Gets annoyed when people call him by his full name. Likes to scare people that don't know about his color changing abilities by changing to a weird color, like electric blue, and likes to scare people that DO know by sneaking up on them while colorless. Enjoys video games, books, and drawing.

Appearance: Tall and thin, about 6 foot 1. He always has a weird or wacky hat on, its said he has one for every day of the year, and he also wears an analog wrist watch. Since he changes his color often, his skin tone, hair, eye color, and etc. are always changing, but his favorite color is sea green, so he has that color a little more than usual.

History: From a young age, Recenseranians are told not to stray from the boundaries of their city, because of the rapidly changing land and weird climates. Well, Spence thought it would be fun to go outside of the city, to see what its like. He stayed out there for a couple of days, and he was actually having fun out there, when a door opened up to the mansion in front of him.Going with the flow, he jumped in and found himself here. Now, he's making the best of it, and has been continuing to do so for the past 12 months.

Room Decor: Spence couldn't get a window room, so he instead put up a poster of a bay window overlooking a peaceful lake at sunset to claim that he got one (but everyone knows he's only kidding himself). He has a computer with which to communicate with his friends and family back home (I'm assuming this place has Internet, interdimensional cell phone service, and the like, but please correct me if I'm wrong), a whole bunch of Recenseranian and Earthian video games, consoles, and a flat-screen to play them on, and 5 bookshelves crammed with all sorts of books. Along the other wall is a desk with drawing materials and a chameleon cage, a dresser, and an unkempt full-size bed.

Pet: A male chameleon named Ether. He randomly popped out of a door onto Spence's breakfast in his fourth month here. His breakfast was pretty much ruined, but he liked the little guy, and kept him, and so far Ether hasn't minded much. Depending on what color Ether is, he can use an attack from the 4 classical elements: fire, water, earth, and air. He's probably a better fighter than Spence, but don't tell him I said that.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:28 AM

Accepted.
We do have wi-fi and phone service and stuff here from that one time a descendant on the ancient spellcasters thought this place was way outdated.
By the way, you can enter anytime you want, to clear things up. It's leaving that's the tricky part. Thought that might not be clear enough.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:36 AM
DigiDestined

Darkanine is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Darkanine

As I (probably) mentioned in the steam chat, I'd be interested in joining this.

Name - Jordan

Dimension - A dimension almost exactly like real life.

Species - Human

Age - 19

Personality - Generally upbeat in most situations, but kind of annoying to most people due to the fact that he keeps talking. While not really a coward, he tends to freak out in stressful situations (like if something/someone attacks him). A bit of a bookworm, he studied the mansion before wanting to explore it. He mostly wanted to explore the mansion to learn about histories and cultures of other worlds.

Appearance - Somewhat short for his age, with bowl-like brown hair and a green shirt. His skin is a bit pale, but not snow white and his eyes are green.

History - Always fascinated with ancient history and speculative history, Jordan had a fringe interest in history of other possible worlds. The small and drastic changes that altered history of the world at large. This is primarily the reason why he wanted to venture into The Mansion.

Abilities - Jordan has a basic knowledge of how The Mansion supposedly works. He's also quizzical and will question everything to attempt to find out the mysteries of the place. Jordan also uh, "borrowed" some stuff from his weapon-fanatic dad, such as a knife, shield and a long sword for good measure, because why not?

Room Decor - Nothing special, but I have a sleeping bag in the corner.

Pets - I have a pet squirrel named Milly.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 AM

Accepted, you piece of crap.

(we know each other for anyone who's wondering)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Catalyst

Name: Alexander Reilly (Alex)

Dimension: Alex hails from the Brazen City of Alanthor, capital of the Hadaran Empire, Jewel of the Trival Plains, and Crown of the Sern. He just calls it home. Magic and steampunk-like technology are integral to the City, powering everything from transport to machines of war. Some people can wield magic as powerful tools and weapons, some people cannot use it at all, but most people can use some small level of magic to make their lives easier.

Species: “Humanoid”, I guess, though they call themselves Lathids. Most can use magic to some extent, and Alex is no exception, as he can create minor wards, or protective barriers. Other than that they are markedly similar to humans.

History: Alex was the apprentice of one of the greatest scholars of the Ktin Sigils of all time. By “greatest” I also mean “least” and “only.” Ktin Sigils are regarded by nearly all scholars as prohibitively dangerous, as they can cause all types of effects, a common one being madness, another being violet flaming hair that returns to its previous state after extinguishing. Sounds fun, right? Alex’s master, being a proper scholar, discovered Sigil after Sigil, cataloguing the least harmful, and teaching them to his apprentice to study. In his studies, Alex discovered a powerful Sigil that transported him to the Mansion, and has continued his master’s work here.

Personality: Industrially studious, Alex might not eat for several days if he has found a particularly interesting Sigil and is experimenting with it. It’s a good thing, then, that this rarely happens, as most Sigils are either too weak to be interesting, or they require stronger materials to exist upon. When not in his room studying, he could be found in the library reading or searching for books on Sigils or his other interests, in the back storage areas looking for stronger materials on which to inscribe Sigils, or in the transmuting labs (I’m assuming that all the fake gold in the mansion was transmuted from lead by the wizards) and experimenting on stuff in there behind various security precautions. Despite this work-ethic, he does break from his studies regularly and participate in some of the pranking. If angered or betrayed, instead of immediate retribution, he tends to hold a grudge for a long time. He is curious about the wizards and their magic, as well as how everybody ended up in the mansion, and how it came to be in the first place. He generally dislikes insults and really hates being disturbed when he’s in the middle of his research.

Appearance: Average height, about 6’3”, generally pale with black hair, but might change due to experiments with Sigils, his eye color, originally hazel, also changes constantly.

Abilities: Besides knowing some Ktin Sigils that can have a range of effects from making one grow three inches to transporting people back to the Mansion, he has an affinity towards warding magic, but is not fully trained in its use, so they could stand up to weak attacks (think 40BP), but not much more.

Room Décor: A number of harmless Sigils are inked onto posters on the walls, and many books from the library are scattered across the room. There are also several large lead plates and engraving tools in the opposite corner from the door, along the wall with the window.

Pet: Sidney, a small stone lizard statue animated by a Sigil.

ralts
ASB

Last edited by Cynder; 08-13-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Last minute edits.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Captain Husbando

Pronoun: she
Flora is on a distinguished road

Oh Jesus you gave me an avenue to develop an OC of mine for another dimension-hopping project. You may regret this. (Her dimension's creation myth is ridiculous, and actually another project of mine, god help me)

Name – Emmanuella “Emmie” Agnelli.

Dimension – Emmie will usually refer to it as a Parallel Earth for simplicity’s sake, but if asked for a “real” title to her dimension she’ll probably call it the Watercolor Dimension, less for its aesthetic but more for its creation myth. It’s enough like Earth that she’s familiar enough with it, but different enough that she’s perplexed why homunculi don’t exist on Earth proper.

Species – For all intents and purposes, Emmie is a human, but she’ll probably call herself a Witch. Technically speaking, however, she’s actually a human specifically empowered by her dimension’s creation goddess, as all humans there are; basically, every human from the Watercolor Dimension is (now; there’s a very complicated but also very true mythology associated therein) able to use one of twelve “elements” of magic, or, in rare cases (such as our subject here), able to use a combination of two. Also they have hair and eye colors considered naturally impossible on Earth. It happens.

Age - 20

Personality – Emmie’s normally pretty go-with-the-flow – I mean, when your dimension features creatures of negative energy that latch on to upset people on the regular and everyone can do magic, it’s a little expected that you’re gonna take whatever the universe throws at you. Well, that’s Emmie’s philosophy anyway. On the other hand, she is absolutely terrible with dealing with expectations, societal or personal or otherwise. Being told from birth that you’re destined to be THE NEXT GREAT HERO OF THE WORLD gives one massive insecurity, after all. As a further result of that, she fervently denies the existence of destiny as an entity. (God forbid she ever hang out in a dimension that considers Destiny as a law.) She warms up to people pretty easily however. Greatest fear is being unable to live up to the standards everyone places on her. An absolute nerd for the (true!) mythology surrounding her dimension.

Appearance – Standing at a fairly petite 5’2” and a decently muscular stature, Emmie, her incredibly dark skin, and her hot pink, half-shaved head stand out pretty clearly in a crowd. (It’s not dyed, stop asking, please.) Closer inspection would reveal dark blue eyes, typically complemented with some kind of light-colored eyeshadow, and a relatively simple wardrobe. It’s hard to do fancy stuff when your main occupation is fighting, after all. Never seen without her cool collapsible staff.

History – Once upon a time, there was a synthetic human – a homuncula, to be specific – who with the powers of hope and energy assisted in helping the creation goddess come to life and punch the destruction goddess in the face. As one might expect, Emmie…is not that homuncula, though she would have loved to see a goddess punch another goddess in the face.

Emmie is just an ordinary girl born in her dimension’s Italy-analogue who happens to be able to wield a fusion of both elements used by aforementioned homuncula – who also happened to be from Italy-analogue. This is, apparently, a Big Deal. So she was brought up with the expectation that she had to be a Huge Hero. She went around dealing with some manifestations of negative energy that latched on to distressed individuals – you know, as you do – but she wanted to do something more; she wanted to explore places never seen before. So when a door popped up and she found herself in a dimension-hopping mansion…naturally this was the coolest thing ever. And thus here she is.

Abilities – While Emmie is generally a standard member of her dimension’s primary species, she has a rare ability to use what is referred to as Fusion Magic, which is exactly what it sounds like: the ability to use a combination of magic types. In Emmie’s case, it’s a combination of Hope magic (positivity magic) and Energy magic (empowerment magic, referred to as the magic of creativity itself), which she refers to as Illusion magic. Basically, she can create illusions to distract opponents, whether by duplicating herself or (in the case of human foes) creating an illusion of something that they want, for example. (She can’t separate these elements into their base forms, however. As much as she’s tried.)

Room Decor – The creation myth – really an intricate system of mythology all connected in some way with creation and/or continued existence – surrounding the Watercolor dimension contains no less than twelve teams of brightly-colored heroes, and one or two silver-haired homunculi accompanying them; as chief mythology nerd of the dimension, Emmie has one poster of each of the team, plus some of the epic goddess-punching (easily Emmie’s favorite part of the mythology). She specifically requested a window room because she came here to explore in the first place. Aside from POSTERS POSTERS POSTERS and the usual necessities, her room has a bright red sheet set and a cage for her rabbit companion.

Pets – One grey rabbit technically named Alessa, but more often referred to as Amore (not as a term of endearment, but rather as one more facet of her nigh-hero-worship of that one homuncula). A rather chill rabbit, though she’s getting a little tired of the whole pulling-the-rabbit-out-of-the-hat trick that Emmie keeps showing off with her illusion magic.

Last edited by Flora; 08-12-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added some bolding cause that one extra paragraph made things weird
Old 08-12-2016, 11:17 PM

Both of you are accepted.
I actually meant, like, the gold is painted, but I guess people can go scavenging outside of the mansion for stuff. Or, y'know, shopping. And you can still customize your room and the decor if you want, after it's started.
Uh, I think about 2 or 3 more will do to start, but people can still join after the fact.
Um, I'll figure out a way to notify you all of the current dimension...
If you've got any suggestions, leave 'em here.

Last edited by Cobalion; 08-12-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Catalyst

Is the mansion an infinite extradimensional space, like the TARDIS, or is it just huge (and finite)?

ralts
ASB
Old 08-13-2016, 12:30 AM

Just huge. Like, a huge mansion, that's just enchanted or whatever.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:57 AM

y'know what, screw it. we're all quirky people and quirky people are often impatient. rp will start tomorrow at noon EST or whatever
unless i have plans
then it's whenever i get home
um, i'd like some people who are actually new to the mansion, and show up through the doors, but if you don't want to, meh.
i'm just going to post here in the lounge what the current dimension the doors are open to.

Last edited by Cobalion; 08-14-2016 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:53 PM

Let's go. The first open dimension features a flat planet, with physics unlike anyone is used to, and the physics even change often. The dimension's name is Molalet. One second you might be walking regularly, the next you're skating up a wall. Kind of like the distortion world, but people live here, the ground is actually connected, and there's no Giratina or anything. The people are... interesting. 6 eyes, 7 legs, and the food they eat would go in the trash at home. If you want to make friends with them, then you'd bring them spoiled food and burnt baked goods. HOWEVER, as it IS a dimension nobody has been to before, nobody knows about these things, and will probably be weirded out by the strange structures, creatures, and fluctuating physics.
By the way, you don't have to leave the mansion if you don't want to. Sometimes it's just best to chill out in the mansion and eat pizza rolls or whatever. Other times you want to invade a pirate ship sailing on lava and plunder the plunderers. It's entirely up to you.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:19 PM
sandslash sandpan

Pronoun: they / she
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point

fwaaah, this looks pretty cool!! am I too late to the party??

Name - Amarhy (Ama for short, pronounced am-a-ree)

Dimension - it's mostly an underwater world! The people there are not humanoid people most of the time - there's a race of colorful sentient mammals (think... dark-skinned neon-accented dolphinlike mammals? with limited communicative telepathy?) that live alongside more mammals (with opposable thumb fins and less swimming ability. still neon). most have human forms that can be taken if they choose to go up to land, but no one really goes up anymore except the merchants - down here there are cities and pretty kelp lanterns and pet sea cucumbers. some of the cities aren't anchored to the sea floor, and this the kind that Ama comes from! there's a lot of weird technology and a sort of magic that involves a lot of nondirected telepathy and bubbles. she's just started learning this, but hasn't been able to do it as a human yet.

Species - Ama is one of the darkskinned neon accented dolphish creatures, and I am not entirely sure how deepsea biology works so please excuse my wild ideas. in addition to her sea form she has a human form which is pretty good at passing for human - the dark green hair and weirdly arranged teeth can be ignored from a distance. they all tend to smell like salt and have communicative telepathy instead of talking as a primary mode of communication, even in human forms. (but being human makes telepathy harder - it seems that humans are meant to speak and be spoken to. as a human she’s got quite the limited range and can send to someone if they’re within shouting distance, but it’s gonna be fuzzy. best if they’re in the same room and paying attention to her already.)
as a result of telepathy being unreliable, Ama is very fond of talking out loud (what a novelty!) and likes to learn new loud words. someone has probably been teaching her all the swear words.

Age - the equivalent of 18 in neon dolphin people age? not quite old enough to be 100% comfortable with being independent, and still somewhat childish, but old enough to know why the water is blue. there is also the fact that neon dolphin people tend to live in flexible family groups for their entire lives - you’ll spend some months nearby or with this relative and the next months with another one. being independent pretty much just means you can leave the current relative whenever you want.

Personality - in a couple words, super curious and chatty and kind of oblivious most of the time. It’s not easy adjusting to people who have actual social cues rather than giving off constant mental feeling cues, but she’s working on this. She’s also kind of unaware of some habits/conventions (what do you mean, bless you? are sneezes holy?) but likes to learn about these things. and about anything that comes from a dimension that isn’t hers. contrary to popular belief she has a decent attention span and is not in fact a four-year-old child. (just because she didn’t know you made coffee with hot water…) she’ll listen to you talk if you’re explaining something and may or may not take your stuff for examination. it’ll come back to you eventually. (or if you ask for it back.)
She does tend to be annoyed by people not explaining things or ignoring her questions (she’ll take “I’m busy” as an okay answer as long as you’re actually busy). she finds bugs and things with legs intriguing although she dislikes jellyfish. will eat most things. She hides and wants to run away from problems if they exist, because that’s what the juveniles of her species do - if there’s a goddamn shark or something then they’re told to get out of there and not look back. technically now that she’s an adult she’s not supposed to be running but she isn’t used to this yet. can often be found in her room if problems arise. will prank people back to the best of her ability.

Appearance - Ama’s human form has wavy dark green hair (if you squint it might just be black or dark brown) and matching eyes. She has freckles and awkwardly pointy-and-sticking-out ears and teeth that don’t quite line up. they look a bit sharp if you notice that kind of thing. She’s 5’3” and likes her height.
In her neon dolphin person form (which can’t exist out of a lot of water and requires adjustment to exist at a lower pressure) her main color is dark blue and her accent is silver; as a result if you look at her out of the corner of your eye she might have a silver lining around her. It’s something that happens whenever her species takes a human form and distinguishes them from the landbound humans on her world.

History - She’s been the average neon dolphin person forever. Sticking around her nuclear family and not really going places and just - just being, you know? Nothing exciting really happened, and school's been done and she needed to pick a job.
But she's always wanted to go visit another group of cities for once, and why not? Maybe she could start learning a trade or something while staying over there, and she did have extended family there in case something went Horribly Wrong and she needed help for something. So she headed over and on the way saw a city quite unlike those she’d seen before - it was really brightly lit, for one, and looked like it was on land and not underwater. Being as curious as she is, she went over to investigate. Not to go in, you know, just look at it. Maybe get someone else to look at it too. Whoever made it's a spectacular illusion-maker, maybe she can learn from them.
She didn’t quite count on it not being an illusion, or pulling her in, or forcing her into human form, or not being able to find a way back after exploring this new place. But you can only spend so much time on your own moping, you know? So she decided to go interact with the people downstairs and maybe go exploring and she doesn’t really know if she wants to go home anymore. She definitely wants to visit, and spend some time there, but where is home, really?

Abilities - Ama’s telepathy doesn’t just send words, she’s also capable of sending colors and pictures to accent what she means! but again it doesn’t work very well if they aren’t nearby enough.

Room Decor - So far Ama hasn’t found a way to flood her room with water and pressure properly, so she can’t take her neon dolphin form in the mansion at all yet. Spending so much time as a human is somewhat of a drag, so she’s collected water-ish things from the dimensions the mansion’s visited and put them here while moping. (she’s mostly over this by now. mostly.) stuff like starfish are glued to the walls and the floor and there are fish painted on the walls. it’s usually really freaking cold and it smells like salt. there isn’t a window - who needs all that fancy stuff - but she’s got a lot of mood lights that glow a gentle sort of yellow or blue. it takes a little imagination to think you’re underwater, but oh well.

Pets - the sea cucumber was unfortunately left behind, and she hasn’t yet been able to go back for Morty. :( on the plus side, she’s made a new friend! Ama has a cat that follows her around these days - he’s a maine coon sort of cat with a lot of fluff. he might have come from Earth, because that’s around the time when she started noticing him following people around the house, but she’s not sure. she’s also not sure how well he can swim and whether he wants to keep her (bc she totally wants to keep him). he currently has no name and can be found trailing after her or coincidentally being in the same room as her.

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola
Old 08-13-2016, 08:12 PM

Accepted.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM

Flora and Faorzia, you do know it's open, right?