• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

1,200 Wii Points. Suggest me games.

J.T.

wat
Well, I need suggestions on what to do with them. I'm getting 2,000 Wii Points soon. I know I'm getting Super Mario World, so that leaves 1,200.

I already have:
- Pokemon Snap
- Kid Icarus
- Galaga
- Star Fox 64
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

I'm thinking of getting Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels. It's supposed to be insanely hard, which is half the reason I'm interested - the difficulty's the reason games like IWBTG are fun to me. I also just learned the original Final Fantasy was recently released on Virtual Console, and I've wanted to try that for a while, but I dunno if either's worth it or if there are other good games I could go for.

Any suggestions?

I can't connect my Wii to the internet (I have dial-up), so I don't know exactly what games are available. But the two you mentioned are both worth getting.

The Lost Levels (aka SMB2 in Japan) is pretty hard, especially the first time you play through. Be warned that it's essentially nothing more than a "hard mode" ROM hack of the first Super Mario Bros., though--Luigi jumps differently than Mario, the levels are different, and there's some minor graphics changes, but other than that there's nothing really new (flying Bloopers don't count--they were in the first SMB too, but for some reason the game designers just didn't use them.)

The first Final Fantasy is pretty good as well, and the NES version is much better than the remakes (at least the GBA remake, which seems to be pretty much the same as the earlier Playstation/Wonderswan remakes; haven't played the PSP one.)
It's pretty hard as well, at least compared to later Final Fantasies. Unlike some of the later games, random enemies will always be a threat even at the very end of the game, no matter how high your level gets. And there's no stupidly overpowered summon spells that can kill the final boss in one hit.

Well, if it wasn't so expensive, I'd recommend Sin & Punishment in a heartbeat, but either way, it's well worth the 1200 points. Being the "easy" game that Treasure inc. made, it's still difficult, especially on the Hard difficulty (durr)

You might check out Breath of Fire 2. It's an awesome SNES RPG, and though it doesn't have the kind of difficulty you enjoy, it's still very good.

In terms of difficult platformers, take a look at Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, and Mega Man 9. And BUY CONTRA III

PSP 20th Anniversary remake of Final Fantasy is better than the original. The PSX version in Origins is actually relatively difficult as well. GBA version's too easy.

Megaman 9.
Megaman9Megaman9Megaman9. You can run 1, 2 and 3 on emulators but 9 is VC exclusive. And it's brilliant at that.

Yeah, to repeat:

Get Megaman 9. I can't get past the first three screens of the demo but who cares because the game is awesome.

MM9 ooh. I can play 1, 2, and 3 online (and have), but that sounds like something I could do. :D

500 points for it, right?

I mirror what has already been said, megaman 9 is an awesome game and definiteley worth playing, I think I will play it now...

I recomend Majoras Mask. It's got an interesting challlenge, seeing how you're on a timed schedual through the game, and some of dungeons are tricky without a stratigy guide.
And it's just FUN to swim around as a zora.

Super Mario RPG!
Game is the olny one just for *shot*

yes... a mirror

I also mirror
SMB2 Japan If you crave diffuculty

I recomend Majoras Mask. It's got an interesting challlenge, seeing how you're on a timed schedual through the game, and some of dungeons are tricky without a stratigy guide.
And it's just FUN to swim around as a zora.

Not only that, but the game is just overall pretty difficult, to make up for how short it really is. Plus, the best part is the amount of replay value the game offers; when you go back in time to the first day, almost EVERYTHING resets. Sidequests, dungeons, pretty much all of that stuff, except for the major story events, and you obviously keep all of your tools. So you can pretty much just redo all of the sidequests and dungeons as much as you like (Which is a godsend, because I LOVE the Anju/Kafei sidequest.)

IIRC, Mega Man 9 is 1000 points, and also has some downloadable content (like an extra-hard mode, a Proto Man mode, etc.) that cost 200 points apiece. It's also a LOT harder than 2 and kind of harder than 1 and 3. But it is extremely awesome.

Other than that, there's Super Metroid if you're into that sort of thing (though unless you have a Classic controller, wall-jumping is a pain in the butt) and Super Mario RPG is always awesome.

Other than that, there's Super Metroid if you're into that sort of thing (though unless you have a Classic controller, wall-jumping is a pain in the butt) and Super Mario RPG is always awesome.

I really thought those game are boring, OH MY GOD I SAID SUPER MARIO RPG WAS BORING.

I suggest Megaman 9 as well, it's hard, but fun.

IIRC, Mega Man 9 is 1000 points, and also has some downloadable content (like an extra-hard mode, a Proto Man mode, etc.) that cost 200 points apiece. It's also a LOT harder than 2 and kind of harder than 1 and 3. But it is extremely awesome.

MM9 is 1k, but the additional DLC are 100 apiece. There's a Hero, Superhero, and.. other, harder mode. Basically they add more enemies to make running the levels more difficult. Then there's Protoman mode and the Fake-man stage, both of which are incredibly awesome. If I were you, I would go with MM9, Protoman and Fake-Man.

Super Metroid and SMRPG are great, but you can also just emulate them.. so it's not really worth buying, unless I guess you want the TV-screen thing. Super Metroid at very least could warrant that, keyboard isn't -the best- for it.

And Majora's Mask is absolutely amazing. But.. I still think my vote would go to MM9, overall.

SMRPG, and just about any other RPG is best played on the TV though D=

My vote will have to go for either Mega Man 9 with some of the DLC, Majora's Mask, or Sin and Punishment though. Push comes to shove, if you're really into emulating games on your PC (I'm not too fond of that myself. I only use PC emulators if I'm desperate to play the game, and can't find it anywhere ;_; ), you can always play Majora's Mask, but S&P doesn't run too well, not to mention, it's well worth the $5.

Back
Top Bottom