• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokemafia

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
This shall be interesting...

So. Here's how this game will work. Upon signing up for the game, you will pick a pokemon. Try picking your favorite. Also, pick one that's fully evolved, for your own benefit. So basically, each player, when sign-ups are closed, will have a few certain moves chosen from their moveset, and those will become the basis of their role. Each night a player will choose which move they want to use and on whom. In addition, types will be somewhat important (though complete ineffectiveness, like electric-on-ground, will be an immediate 4x resistance; flying/ground will be ignored because of sleeping) and those who use attacking moves will not directly kill, as is the standard, but will instead chip off a chunk of another player's HP. For damaging moves, damage will be calculated the exact same way it is in the Games, and each pokemon will have a realistic amount of HP. (all pokemon will be at the same level).

Also, ground rules:
~Approximately 48-hour nights and days. Approximately. May be expanded for lack of night actions / votes and discussion.
~At the end of the day, whichever player has the most votes will be lynched.
~Abstains are unlimited.
~Please don't pick legendary pokemon.

...I think that's pretty much it. Any questions you have, just ask. I'd love as many players as possible for this, so I'll see how many I get and then close sign-ups. Go!

if I said wailord would it realistically explode given correct circumstances

Along that line, do you mean realistic to the Pokemon games or realistic in general? Are bugs significantly squishier than other pokemon because they're bugs (or because they have low stats, for those of which that do)?

This is a great idea, in any case!

Along that line, do you mean realistic to the Pokemon games or realistic in general? Are bugs significantly squishier than other pokemon because they're bugs (or because they have low stats, for those of which that do)?

april I don't think the correct answers would help you very much there

also importantly what do you actually mean by "realistic"?

Realistic as in pokemon. Although res, if Wailord dies in a suitable way I'll be sure to make it explode.

incidentally, how are levitating things treated by ground moves? things that naturally float which don't levitate? flyings what not that HAS FEET?

What about abilities? Are they considered--and if so, what about ones that consider other things (like gender for rivalry)? If they exist, can you choose which one to use for your pokemon?

Abilities are not considered. Flying-types are considered resistant to Ground-type moves. Speed is irrelevant; everyone with a night action will move during the night.

Back
Top Bottom