• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I AM A LEGAL ADULT WHAT

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/ey
OKAY MORE LIKE "I CAN LEGALLY DRINK ALCOHOL WHAT" BUT STILL MAN

this...isn't actually a "rachel is excited because she can legally drink" thread! this is...something else. it's actually a "rachel is forced to confront the fact that everyone does in fact enjoy her company" thread!

okay so if you've ever read my tumblr, or talked to me about like...anything, or even just read a couple grr thread posts, you're probably aware that my perception of other people's perception of me is...not very positive. I live in nigh-constant fear that everyone actually hates me. This summer's been PARTICULARLY difficult because shitty friend issues from last semester left me with bad self-esteem in the friend (and other people) department. (I had like three friends from school that I was 100% confident in, two of which had made their feelings on the matter super clear and one who was totally uninvolved.)

At the end of the year one of my friends made an interesting comment alluding to some twenty-first-birthday-plans involving me, which was...odd. i found out the truth about it like three days before i left for the summer:

the entire freaking grade wanted to celebrate.

which is....pretty alarming when presented to someone who thinks she fades into the background a lot.

i kinda thought they forgot about it over the summer until like two days ago when i got a text saying "yo rachel check the class facebook page!!! i posted something involving you!!!" and it turned out to be a post about plans for my birthday. (including the phrase "who's down to get cray for Ray" which is possibly the greatest thing I have ever heard) and EVERYONE was like "hell yeah wouldn't miss it for the world" and i????

goodness gracious i am an adult and i can't believe how nice people are

Whoa, happy birthday! Booze isn't going to drink itself!

I humbly offer my avatar for any needs you may encounter during your party.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! it was fun, except for the whole "bars are loud and i'm never doing that again" bit (it was super crowded)

[9:24:34 AM] party lowdown because what the fuck even was that
[9:25:22 AM] 8:00: flora starts to realize that maybe picking the cheesecake factory for dinner was a bad idea
[9:25:49 AM] 8:30 flora's family finally packs up their fucking cheesecake and drives flora and roomie back to campus
[9:26:02 AM] 9:30 flora and roomie arrive at dorm
[9:26:24 AM] 10:20 flora and roomie realize that their ride went home and now flora is late to her own party
[9:26:58 AM] 10:40 flora arrives at party place, is immediately accosted by slightly drunk people singing
[9:27:01 AM] it's now on video
[9:27:21 AM] 11:?? flora ends up at a bar with like all her classmates
[9:27:51 AM] 11:?? flora is gifted some kind of alcohol with red bull in it, immediately thinks "that is going to fuck me up"
[9:28:20 AM] 12:?? flora is drunk and didn't even drink the death coctail for the most part
[9:28:55 AM] 1:?? flora goes home, decides bars are not for her
[9:29:18 AM] 1:?? flora has to sleep over someone else's house because all the people who dd'd went home
[9:30:04 AM] (also included: 1:?? flora is fed microwaved ramen in non-cooked form, was actually quite good)

Back
Top Bottom