• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Eifie vs Music Dragon (ref: Metallica Fanboy)

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
3 vs 3
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Pain Split, Perish Song, moves that KO the user; direct recovery is restricted to 1 use in the match (by any Pokémon), and Chills are restricted to 5 uses (per Pokémon).
Arena: Kalos Victory Road

Kalos's very own Victory Road consists of a series of tunnels, intersparsed by open-air pathes on which one may find shattered remains of ancient fortifications, likely used and destroyed in the great war that scars the region's ancient history. The particular area where this battle begins is one that's been long known as a spot where rivals clash for the last time before their championship challenges begin. It's a somewhat well-preserved part of the building, with its stone flooring almost intact, having one section at even level with the rest of the terrain and another a step higher, with an unrecognizable slab near the center that may have been some kind of table. The walls around this area aren't as well preserved -- they remain mostly intact near the ground, but higher bit have been broken away for the most part. There are several small windows, although few are intacct, with most having had their top parts broken. Overall, the area seems somewhat nicely sealed off while still offering a nice, open view of the sky above and the incredibly vast landscape all the way below. Beyond that area, this open-air section of the Victory Road is a mottle of still-standing fortifying walls that practically form a bit of a labyrinth.

Eifie's active squad

blaziken Nando the female Blaziken <Blaze> @ Safety Goggles
espeon Adelle the female Espeon <Synchronize> @ Wise Glasses
furret Mimsy the female shiny Furret <Keen Eye> @ Choice Scarf
mamoswine Wheelbarrow Dumpling the male Mamoswine <Oblivious> @ Muscle Band
houndoom Dai-Long Lang the male Houndoom <Flash Fire> @ Flame Orb
jumpluff Plum Seed the female Jumpluff <Chlorophyll> @ Red Card
meganium Lena the female Meganium <Overgrow Aroma Veil> @ Big Root (Signature Attribute: Entrancing Aroma)
mismagius Cool Beauty Violet Temptation the female Mismagius <Levitate> @ Mental Herb
altaria Cirrus the male Altaria <Natural Cure> @ Moon Stone
croconaw Super Smile Tomistoma the female Croconaw <Sheer Force> @ Eviolite

Music Dragon's active squad

exeggutor Doctor Proctor the male Exeggutor <Chlorophyll>
whiscash Goach the male Whiscash <Oblivious>
spritzee Parfenova the female Spritzee <Aroma Veil> @ Sachet
sigilyph King of Hearts the male Sigilyph <Magic Guard> @ Sticky Barb
grumpig Lillibeth the female Grumpig <Own Tempo> @ Iron Ball
carnivine Witch Doctor Nana the female Carnivine <Levitate> @ Binding Band
heatmor Ant Heater the male shiny Heatmor <Flash Fire> @ Smoke Ball
cryogonal Coldie Freeze the genderless Cryogonal <Levitate> @ Rocky Helmet
darumaka Doramooku the male Darumaka <Inner Focus>
zubat Zoinksbat the female Zubat <Infiltrator>

Up next:
1.Music Dragon sends out
2.Eifie sends out and issues commands
3.Music Dragon issues commands

Last edited:
The Messenger of Truth and Ideals, Eifie Girl, enters!

Stop right there, Music Dragon-Man! I cannot allow your mischief!

Super Smile Tomistoma! Let's end this!

UfnIJMI.png

(I have way more important things I should have been doing with my time than this bang-up editing job... original)

As I've been reading, Tophstomp, your bite is extremely powerful. Let's put that excellent dental hygiene and your slight speed lead to good use and clamp down on your opponent as hard as you can with Crunch. I want you to do your best to cripple one of those wings, so catch her by one of them if you can. Once you've got a hold of her, don't let go—keep up the punishment with Ice Fang and Crunch for as long as you can manage.

If you find yourself unable to reach your opponent before you can make a move, make it Hail and try again the next action, but bite down with Ice Fang straight away instead of Crunch. If you still can't reach her or she has clones and she's hittable, go with Blizzard. On the third action, if you haven't got a hold of her, just give her an Icy Wind to the face if you can hit her.

If at any point she's Biding (and you're not already biting down) or you're unable to hit her with or use whatever move you should be using, just Screech at her real loud. That'll show her!

Crunch / Hail / Screech ~ Ice Fang / Blizzard / Screech ~ Crunch / Icy Wind / Screech

Last edited:
Ohoho! We meet again, Eifie Girl!

B2W2_Brycenman_Pok%C3%A9star.png

Go, my Zoinksbat! To fulfill my great ambition, the black Eviolite is absolutely necessary. Use Thief to steal it with our dark, secret arts! I'm sure it will be easy for you, since your opponent is so close! Then, once the Eviolite is within your grasp, it's time to strike with Giga Drain to heal off some of that damage you'll no doubt take this round.

Keep using Thief until you're successful, but if for some reason it's impossible to reach the Eviolite, just resort to Giga Drain!

Thief / Giga Drain (health) x 3

Music Dragon-Man Strikes Back 2: The Eifie Girl and the End of Music Dragon-Man
Kalos Open Semifinals
Round 1

“I regret that decision entirely,” sighs a crumpled mess, blown as far back as one of the fort walls leading up to the arena, and then some, as his body had crashed through a cracked portion of the tiles.

“Ahahahahahahahah! Midlife MF of Justice, you fool... You will never defeat me, the great Music Dragon-Man! Now, bring me a worthy opponent. Or else, I shall spray tag the words ‘Music Dragon-Man was here’ right over these timeless walls! Aha! Ahahahah! Muahahahahahahahaha!”
“I won’t allow it!”
“Hm! Who?”

A figure in uniform stood against the sunlight, long cape fluttering gently in the wind. Besides her, a bipedal assistant, also clad in a cape. Only turning about halfway, the heroine announced herself.

“In the name of Truth and Ideals, Life and Death, Fire-Type Starters and Water-Type Starters... I, Eifie Girl, and my faithful partner, Super Smile Tomistoma, will punish you! Prepare yourself!”
“You! ... Heh! It’s been a long time... Since that incident in The Tree of Dreams, to be precise. You were lucky that day. But this time! This! Time! Your luck’s run out, you meddlesome child! You won’t even get past my fell minions. Zoinksbat! Go and teach this brat the true meaning of pain!”
“The only pain I’ll be feeling right now is listening to your nonsense, Music Dragon-Man! As long as we have the power of the Eviolite Crystal, you will never defeat us!”
“Heheheheh... We shall see about that.”

3 vs 3
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Pain Split, Perish Song, moves that KO the user; direct recovery is restricted to 1 use in the match (by any Pokémon), and Chills are restricted to 5 uses (per Pokémon).
Kalos's very own Victory Road consists of a series of tunnels, intersparsed by open-air paths on which one may find shattered remains of ancient fortifications, likely used and destroyed in the great war that scars the region's ancient history. The particular area where this battle begins is one that's been long known as a spot where rivals clash for the last time before their championship challenges begin. It's a somewhat well-preserved part of the building, with its stone flooring almost intact, having one section at even level with the rest of the terrain and another a step higher, with an unrecognizable slab near the center that may have been some kind of table. The walls around this area aren't as well preserved -- they remain mostly intact near the ground, but higher bit have been broken away for the most part. There are several small windows, although few are intact, with most having had their top parts broken. Overall, the area seems somewhat nicely sealed off while still offering a nice, open view of the sky above and the incredibly vast landscape all the way below. Beyond that area, this open-air section of the Victory Road is a mottle of still-standing fortifying walls that practically form a bit of a labyrinth.
Arena status: Unchanged.

Eifie (OOO)
croconawSuper Smile Tomistoma the female Croconaw
Health: 100% - Energy: 100%
Ability: Sheer Force - Item: Eviolite - Speed: 58
Condition: In SUPER form.
Commands: Crunch/Hail/Screech ~ Ice Fang/Blizzard/Screech ~ Crunch/Icy Wind/Screech

Music Dragon (OOO)
zubatZoinksbat the female Zubat
Health: 100% - Energy: 100%
Ability: Infiltrator - Item: N/A - Speed: 55
Condition: Cackling for echolocation.
Commands: Thief/Giga Drain(Health) ~ Giga Drain(Health)/Thief ~ Giga Drain(Health)/Thief

-----

The dashing Super Smile Tomistoma dashes in dashingly. She flashes a winning smile through her alligator lips... that, or she was just opening her mouth wide for a ferocious biting attack. She lunges with grace and precision, snapping her jaws shut right on the tip of his foe’s right wing.

“Good job, Super Smile Tomistoma!”
“Hahahahah... We’ve got them right where we want them. All according to keikaku*.”

Now hanging from her enemy’s fangs instead of flying, Zoinksbat eyes (or, as it were, echoes) her prize. Carefully bound by that detestably gaudy cape, none too well hidden – the Eviolite Crystal. Just barely managing to reach it, the Zubat slaps her opponent with her free wing, then quickly swoops towards the cape’s knot, seizing the all-important item with her feet.

“No... The Eviolite Crystal! You thief! Give that back!”
“Oh, how the tables have turned, old enemy of mine! Without the Eviolite Crystal, your partner is nothing! Her attacks will have no effect on my troops!”

Noticing the sleight of tiny bat legs all too late, the Croconaw panics, the grip of her fangs steadily loosening...

“Super Smile Tomistoma! I... I believe in you! We can still do this!”

With the help of her master’s words of encouragement, the Croconaw regains her posture, then opens her mouth wide, the teeth on her lower jaw still stuck to the wing membrane. Her maw clashes shut again, this time with a blast of ice spreading from the point of impact. Even with the Eviolite Crystal’s protection, the attack’s mark lets out a pained screech.

“That’s the way it’s done! That crystal really didn’t mean so much. The Super power was within you all along!”
“Tch...! Foiled again! Curse you, Eifie Girl!”

In dire straits, Zoinksbat sets out for more thievery. In the proximity, she easily sinks her own fangs into the heroine’s shoulder, zoinking away her vital energy. The two Pokémon struggle up close, exchanging deadly bites.

“It’s no use... They’re getting stronger with each bite! What should I do?”

How will Eifie Girl and Super Smile Tomistoma weather the enemies’ attacks without the Eviolite Crystal? Can this battle still be won? Tune in for the next round!

-----

Eifie (OOO)
Health: 74% - Energy: 83%
Ability: Sheer Force - Item: N/A - Speed: 58
Condition: Believing in Eifie Girl who believes in her.
Performed: Crunch (clamp wing) ~ Ice Fang ~ Crunch

Music Dragon (OOO)
Health: 82% - Energy: 86%
Ability: Infiltrator - Item: Eviolite - Speed: 55
Condition: On a zoink roll.
Performed: Thief ~ Giga Drain (Health) ~ Giga Drain (Health)

=Action 1
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma's Crunch.
*Successful hit to the targeted area [42 < 50]. No critical hit [25 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [due to Sheer Force].
*10% damage is dealt. [(8%*1.3) * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1 = 10.4% ≈ 10%]
*6% energy is spent. [5.2% + 0 – 0 = 5.2% ≈ 6%]
*Super Smile Tomistoma clamps one of Zoinksbat’s wings.
-Commence Zoinksbat’s Thief.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [52 > 5].
*4% damage is dealt. [6% * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1 - 2 = 4%]
*4% energy is spent. [3% + 1 – 0 = 4%]
*Zoinksbat steals Super Smile Tomistoma’s Eviolite.
=Action 2
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma’s Ice Fang.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [64 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [due to Sheer Force].
*10% damage is dealt. [(6.5%*1.3) * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 - 2 = 10.675% ≈ 10%]
*5% energy is spent. [4.225% + 0 – 0 = 4.225% ≈ 5%]
-Commence Zoinksbat’s Giga Drain.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [30 > 5].
*11% damage is dealt. [7.5% * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 = 11.25% ≈ 11%]
*5% energy is spent. [3.75% + 1 – 0 = 4.75% ≈ 5%]
*Zoinksbat restores 5% health.
=Action 3
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma’s Crunch.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [72 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [due to Sheer Force].
*8% damage is dealt. [(8%*1.3) * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1 - 2 = 8.4% ≈ 8%]
*6% energy is spent. [5.2% + 0 – 0 = 5.2% ≈ 6%]
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [30 > 5].
-Commence Zoinksbat’s Giga Drain.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [65 > 5].
*11% damage is dealt. [7.5% * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 = 11.25% ≈ 11%]
*5% energy is spent. [3.75% + 1 – 0 = 4.75% ≈ 5%]
*Zoinksbat restores 5% health.
=Totals
-Super Smile Tomistoma has taken 26% damage and spent 17% energy.
-Zoinksbat has taken 18% damage and spent 14% energy.

Notes:
-I hope the tone of the reffing is to satisfaction.
-Since a Zubat’s wings are a rapidly moving target, I figured I’d give Super Smile Tomistoma’s Crunch in the first action only a 50% chance of actually managing to gnaw them, with the remaining chance split between 25% to land a regular Crunch hit instead and 25% to miss altogether. Super Smile Tomistoma still managed to seize the wing that way.
-And as a result of the above I figured the subsequent Ice Fang ought to bypass the accuracy roll (so, like, 5% up from its regular accuracy).
-Music Dragon commands first next round.

*keikaku means plan

Midlife MF of Justice, you are doing an excellent job of narrating Eifie Girl's inevitable demise. Ohohoho!

Zoinksbat, my girl! With the Black Eviolite in your possession, you'll be nearly invulnerable... but that's not all. The Black Eviolite also multiplies the power of projectiles! So keep attacking with Giga Drain, and they'll soon fall before the awesome power of the Music Dragon-Man Cannon!

If they try to hide from us, or otherwise become impossible to attack, let's prepare a Nasty Plot while we wait for a chance to strike. And if there are any Double Team clones to worry about, wipe them all out with Aerial Ace.

Giga Drain (health) / Nasty Plot / Aerial Ace x 3

Did the extended terrorizing of Zoinksbat's wing actually have any effect, or was our noble effort all for naught...?!

Did the extended terrorizing of Zoinksbat's wing actually have any effect, or was our noble effort all for naught...?!
No particularly noteworthy effects yet, but Zoinksbat's manouverability has definitely suffered somewhat.

Don't you get it, Music Dragon-Man?! This is a tournament filled with the ideals of people! Now be on your best behaviour and go home!

In fact, Tophstomp, let's send them on a one-way trip to... somewhere or other! I'm not really sure where you're standing right now. But turn in some way where there's one of those little walls or whatever, and shoot Zoinksbat out of your mouth and over the wall and as far away as you possibly can with Hydro Pump! Considering that that attack's launched with the force of a firehose and Zubat's not all that heavy, you should have no problem getting her a decent distance away. (By the way, a 45-degree angle will get you the best range, hee hee!) Hopefully she won't make it back too soon with that wing of hers...

Next, if she's still out of range, make me as many Double Team clones as you can! With the power of your clones' friendship, surely we'll prevail! If she's in range already, end that by knocking down one of the walls on her, okay?

Finally, if you used Double Team before and your opponent's now in range, crush her now. If she's already trapped under a Rock Tomb or just not in range, let's see if we can Mimic that thievery of hers... Super Smile Tomistoma, you're so pure and good that you don't even know how to steal! Music Dragon-Man! What a horrible influence you are! And if you used Rock Tomb last action but your opponent escaped it already... that makes me angry! So angry! Just blast away at her with Blizzard!

Hydro Pump ~ Double Team (max clones) / Rock Tomb ~ Rock Tomb / Mimic (Thief) / Blizzard

Last edited:
Phew! Sorry for the long wait, finals snuck up on me.

Music Dragon-Man Strikes Back 2: The Eifie Girl and the End of Music Dragon-Man
Kalos Open Semifinals
Round 2

3 vs 3
Kalos's very own Victory Road consists of a series of tunnels, intersparsed by open-air paths on which one may find shattered remains of ancient fortifications, likely used and destroyed in the great war that scars the region's ancient history. The particular area where this battle begins is one that's been long known as a spot where rivals clash for the last time before their championship challenges begin. It's a somewhat well-preserved part of the building, with its stone flooring almost intact, having one section at even level with the rest of the terrain and another a step higher, with an unrecognizable slab near the center that may have been some kind of table. The walls around this area aren't as well preserved -- they remain mostly intact near the ground, but higher bit have been broken away for the most part. There are several small windows, although few are intact, with most having had their top parts broken. Overall, the area seems somewhat nicely sealed off while still offering a nice, open view of the sky above and the incredibly vast landscape all the way below. Beyond that area, this open-air section of the Victory Road is a mottle of still-standing fortifying walls that practically form a bit of a labyrinth.

Eifie (OOO)
Health: 74% - Energy: 83%
Condition: Believing in Eifie Girl who believes in her.
Commands: Hydro Pump ~ Double Team(max clones)/Rock Tomb ~ Rock Tomb/Mimic(Thief)/Blizzard

Music Dragon (OOO)
Health: 82% - Energy: 86%
Condition: On a zoink roll.
Commands: Giga Drain(Health)/Nasty Plot/Aerial Ace ~ Giga Drain(Health)/Nasty Plot/Aerial Ace ~ Giga Drain(Health)/Nasty Plot/Aerial Ace

-----

"In the end, the bad guy gets blown away by an elephant!" -- words for a true hero to live by. Eifie and her faithful partner got a little ahead of themselves with that trick, however; they went for it earlier rather than later, and instead of arranging for a whole elephant, they settled for a comical trunk spout effect. And so, the bad guy was hit front and center by a massive jet of water, being hurled up and away and beyond the bounds of the battlefield.

"Admit defeat, Music Dragon-man! As soon as your Pokémon touches the ground outside the arena, you're disqualified!"
"As usual, you're wrong, Eifie Girl. In this anime, I get ten seconds to come back before I'm disqualified! I long to see your face nine seconds from now, when I-"
"Uh, guys? There aren't any ring-out rules in ASB."
"Nobody asked you, Midlife MF of Justice! And you, stop saying the exact same thing as I'm saying!"

Meanwhile, hanging by the side of the cliff, Zoinksbat unceremoniously observed that his stalwart foe was nonwhere near within range of any of his attacks. In such a predicament, the plan was to... plan. Oh, the horrors he would visit upon his mortal enemy, if he would just get over here! His manic, high-pitched bat laughter just nearly gave his position away.

Not that Super Smile Tomistoma was much concerned about the fight either. It was perhaps a more pressing matter that he was now alone in the battlefield. However... as long as he could remember his friends, he would never be alone! One sprint for joy later, he was surrounded by, er, friends? And together, they studied the secret, evil arts of zoinking, which they finally learned through The Power of Friendship.

-----

Eifie (OOO)
Health: 74% - Energy: 69%
Condition: Like, zoink?
Performed: Hydro Pump ~ Double Team(max clones) ~ Mimic(Thief)

Music Dragon (OOO)
Health: 71% - Energy: 80%
Condition: Ready with a monologue.
Performed: Nasty Plot ~ Nasty Plot ~ Nasty Plot

E=Action 1
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma's Hydro Pump.
*Successful hit [53 < 80]. No critical hit [41 > 5].
*13% damage is dealt. [11% * 1.25 + 0 + 0 * 1 - 2 = 11.75% ≈ 11%]
*6% energy is spent. [6.5% + 0 - 1 = 5.5% ≈ 6%]
*Zoinksbat was blown away.
-Commence Zoinksbat's Nasty Plot.
*2% energy is spent.
*Zoinksbat is at 2+ Special Attack.
=Action 2
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma's Double Team.
*3% energy is spent.
*Super Smile Tomistoma now has 3 Double Team clones.
*2% energy is spent.
*Zoinksbat is at 4+ Special Attack.
=Action 3
-Commence Super Smile Tomistoma's Mimic.
*5% energy is spent.
*Super Smile Tomistoma has mimicked Thief.
*2% energy is spent.
*Zoinksbat is at 6+ Special Attack.
=Totals
-Super Smile Tomistomas has taken no damage and spent 14% energy. Super Smile Tomistoma has 3 Double Team clones and has mimicked Thief.
-Zoinksbat has taken 11% damage and spent 6% energy. Zoinksbat is at 6+ Special Attack.

Notes:
-Super Smile Tomistoma was impossible to hit after Zoinksbat was blown away, so Zoinksbat continuously used Nasty Plot instead.
-Since Zoinksbat has taken plenty of damage specifically to the wing, it'll take him longer than usual to get back within attacking range of Super Smile Tomistoma -- as it is, it'd take no less than two actions of full movement (you could segue into an attack at the second of those actions, but it'd have to be a move like Quick Attack).
-Eifie commands first next round.

(So sorry for the delay, everyone! I bit off nearly more than I could chew this summer... And after all this, I'm not putting much thought into my commands anyway. Oh well.)

Oh no, Tophstomp! This isn't looking good! But don't worry: heroes are always strong and cool! We never lose!

Now look! I'm sure Music Dragon-Man is planning something bad! But what can he do if he can't even get his Pokémon over here, right? So I want you to unleash your strongest Blizzard in Zoinksbat's general direction if she tries to come closer and gets within range, and bear her right back! Her injured wing can't possibly withstand the force of our blizzard, backed by the power of truth and ideals!

While Zoinksbat doesn't seem to be coming any closer, or if you can't hit her, then let's try to prepare for when she does... with the power of song and dance! Swords Dance, that is! And then maybe make a small Substitute before you return to dancing.

By the way, if she manages to get close and tries to use her second action of movement to zip through your clones with Aerial Ace or something similar, Block her movements, will you?

Blizzard / Swords Dance ~ Blizzard / Substitute (10%) / Block ~ Blizzard / Swords Dance / Block

Ack! We've been hamstrung, Zoinksbat! Not good!

On the bright side, I think we may be able to exploit a mistake in our opponent's commands, but we'll have to time things very carefully to do so. I want you to spend your first two actions slowly moving closer, but - and this is crucial - do not get within attacking range! I don't want you to bait your opponent into using Blizzard; just let her use Swords Dance and Substitute in peace, then close the distance at the end of the second action. Finally, on the third action, you can use Swift to wipe out those pesky Double Team clones and deal some nice damage to boot.

Now, I admit I'm not very good at judging the distances here, and I'm not sure if Blizzard has a longer range than a typical attack, so I'll throw in some caveats. If you find that you can't move any closer without drawing a Blizzard in response, but it's too early to use Swift, then set up a Tailwind; or, if you've already done that, just Chill.

Move closer / Tailwind ~ Move closer / Tailwind / Chill ~ Swift

Back
Top Bottom