• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oops I got a cat

Esosorum

Pronoun
he
The local neighborhood stray has been getting skinnier and skinnier over the past couple of weeks. He's very social and clearly a housecat. I finally bought him some food and took him to the vet. No chip, no lost-pet ads I could find, no collar.... The moral of the story is that I got him his shots and he's my baby now. The vet told me he's FIV positive and they were worried I wouldn't want to keep him, but I can't not keep him because he is the best cat.

So that was unexpected, and I couldn't be happier.

765xrxeav

So uh
I just so happen to have four cat.
Gray fluffy old cat,
Chubby fuzzy cat,
Fluffy white thin cat,
And brand new tiny fluffy kitten.

It's basically feline AIDS I think.

The feline equivalent of HIV, to be exact. Let's not confuse the two.

HIV/FIV is a virus, and AIDS/feline AIDS is the host of symptoms (most prominently a weak immune system) that are caused by HIV/FIV if the infected person doesn't take medicine to suppress the virus' effects.

According to Wikipedia, there does seem to be an FIV vaccine, which is a landmark we haven't quite reached in humans yet. But the FIV vaccine apparently is only good for certain strains of the virus.

But in any case, Esosorum, from a quick glance at Wikipedia it looks like your kitty's outlook with FIV is still quite good! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom