• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2008 American Presidential Election

Who would you prefer to see lead the United States?

• Total voters
I wants Rolf Nator to win.
Who's Rolf Nator?

Anyway, lolin' about McCain choosing Palin as a running mate after dissing Obama for not having any experience. Obvious pandering to the Hillary crowd and terrible message. 'Look guys! The party who'd revoke the abortion bill and ban contraception is the real feminist party!'
Pathetic.

Also I've been wondering. McCain can't lift his arms up high or quickly, so how'd he protect himself if he tripped? I mean it's a huge threat to his security since the only thing you have to do is tap him on the back and he'll fall down and crack his hip/go to Conheaven.

Uh. Obama.

From what I've seen, he seems to be a very good choice. It's just a shame that the 80% illiterate redneck population of America would never vote for anyone with a black parent and someone who'd tighten gun laws.

Any candidate anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage automatically loses. D<

And I'm also aware I have very little idea about the political state of the country. |D But to me, Obama sounds like the better choice.

Uh. Obama.

From what I've seen, he seems to be a very good choice. It's just a shame that the 80% illiterate redneck population of America would never vote for anyone with a black parent and someone who'd tighten gun laws.

Any candidate anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage automatically loses. D<

And I'm also aware I have very little idea about the political state of the country. |D But to me, Obama sounds like the better choice.
Weirdly enough Obama isn't legalizing gay marriage everywhere (he's letting the states choose what they want to do), but he is making civil unions and adoption legal and he'll revoke Don't Ask Don't Tell and set down anti-discrimination laws at work.

Yeah I'm talking like he already is the President but I'm 90% sure he's gonna beat the senile hot-head and his bitch to the ground :v

Yeah I'm talking like he already is the President but I'm 90% sure he's gonna beat the senile hot-head and his bitch to the ground :v

it does seem like he's going to win; three states alone (california, new york, illinois) give him over a hundred electoral votes (would now be a good time to point out how stupid that system is?) and according to uh the NY times counting all the states where he is currently ahead in polls he has 268/270 needed with four contested (two of which he is fairly likely to win).

Obama FTW!
Every single electoral test says I'm more like Obama than McCain. By like, a lot.

"hey if people could stop artificially darkening my skin in their campaign ads and stop referring to me as "boy" and "one of them" that would be really swell tia"
RACE CARD OBAMA'S PLAYING THE RACE CARD

"sarah palin is really inexperienced doesn't that go against your campaign narrative?"
hey buddy we picked a female lady who is of the female persuasion and I bet you're going to attack her because she's a woman, aren't you, we're going to win the VP debates because any attack be Biden will look like he's attacking a defenseless woman and did we mention that she isn't male?

Wow, I only wish the general voting public was as intelligent as some of the people here. It's kind of sad, the state of US education.

Obama is the only one of the two I would ever vote for. Seriously, how crazy can McCain be when he, on the day after Obama questions his judgment in his convention acceptance speech, chooses Sarah Palin as his running mate. I mean, she's the ultimate gamble. At its best, maybe she would have proven to be a diamond in the rough, but at its worst, she has extremist views, almost no track record, and no basis for trust. And truthfully, from what I've seen, it's much closer to the worst. And that's the one the old, cancerous man chooses as his possible replacement for president? I for one am not ready to gamble that much on the future of this nation, especially with a choice like her. It really proves Obama's right... that it's about judgment and McCain doesn't have anything good left.

The truth is, these last 8 years have been a disaster in so many ways. All those people who think Obama's too inexperienced and are worried about what he will and won't do, I just have one thing to say: He's bound to be better than the alternative. I don't believe he'll be able to do everything he says he wants to, but even if he does just a small fraction, that's more than digging the country's grave deeper, like McCain wants to do.

Who knows, maybe Obama really might be able to begin to rebuild our standing as a nation and with the international community. After how Bush has destroyed our economy and our honor, wouldn't that be something?

Also: If McCain DOES get voted on, he's old. If he dies in office, Palin is President. Unless we remove her first, however.

Back
Top Bottom