• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vermont close to legalising samesex marriage

As far as I'm aware, same sex marriage is not legal in Oregon? Which surprises me a bit, honestly, because Oregon is a pretty liberal place.

But things are looking up at least, what with this business going on in Iowa and Vermont and DC all at once. :)

Oregon has civil unions.

It is progressive, though, yeah. Just in a different way - euthanasia, anyone?

on the front page of my local newspaper:

"The Vermont Legislature Overrides veto and grants same-sex marriage rights"

:D

Update: New York governor David Paterson is planning on introducing a gay marriage bill this week. If it passes, New York'll be the fifth state to allow same-sex marriage.

About time too because seriously, it's New York.

Anyway fingers crossed guys. Still pretty taken aback at how quickly states are legalizing it now, but in a very good way :v

All the states that vote Democrat are legalising gay-marriage. Wonder when it'll be legal in Kansas.

Given that the governor of Utah recently came out in support of civil unions, I'd give it... a decade?

Go Vermont~! :D

Also, New York. C'mon, about time. I'm pretty sure it'll pass, but then again, I felt that there was absolutely no way Proposition 8 was going to do shit in California, either.

(Also, kind of related: *cries in a corner* Why, PA, why? I could regain some patrioticness for you, but nooo. We're so close to New England! Why nooot? D: )

Back
Top Bottom