• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams for Black and White?

Pokédex Scan in progress...

26% complete...

Beginning General Analysis Duex...

Electric Zebras are better than they appear! At first glance I thought they were going to be just normal Electric monos. Instead, I was met with a nice surprise. These things appear to be exceedingly versatile, and I might even get one for my team. Gigalith, on the other hand...not as much. I see it's mostly just a rock buff, used for support. TMs probably blow this guy off its feet, though. ZuWoobat just seems mediocre. It gets a decent, varied moveset, but its stats are all lacking. Additionally, scrolling through its TM moves, I see not too much versatality. Now for drilbur. It seems to be very, very good (especially compared to what I've seen prior), what with a decent evolution level and EARTHQUAKE AT LEVEL 36 a very nice level-up moveset. May not be so good for triple battles and rotation, though. Regardless, this is probably going on my team. Tabunne (hi, Alurane) definitely has a decent ability (regeneration). Although its moveset is mediocre, and its stats only slightly less so, it gets a lot of TM variety. This might be a decent competitive option. Who knows? Roobushin is mainly an attack maniac. Id doesn't get much variety outside of Fighting and Rock-type, but what it does have goes VERY nicely with a 140 base Attack. Its other stats are mediocre, though. 6.5/10.
Now for those wart frogs. Rather limited movesets, and only decent stats, but TMs can probably do a wonder to help this guy. But why does it have Water/Ground? My Aerodactyl does not like. Next up are Nageki and its blue counterpart. I'd have to say the red one is better, just due to its more balanced stats, but the blue one does have some advantages. Both of 'em are really just fighting-mono types of pokémon. But your pick. I, personally, don't see myself using either of them. And that's all for now.

General Analysis Duex Complete...

Recording Note...:
all of these are my own opinions. Also, I didn't check the TM moves. That would probably make a difference.

Assignment complete. Entering Sleep Mode.

Pokédex Scan in progress...

26% complete...

Beginning General Analysis Duex...

Electric Zebras are better than they appear! At first glance I thought they were going to be just normal Electric monos. Instead, I was met with a nice surprise. These things appear to be exceedingly versatile, and I might even get one for my team. Gigalith, on the other hand...not as much. I see it's mostly just a rock buff, used for support. TMs probably blow this guy off its feet, though. ZuWoobat just seems mediocre. It gets a decent, varied moveset, but its stats are all lacking. Additionally, scrolling through its TM moves, I see not too much versatality. Now for drilbur. It seems to be very, very good (especially compared to what I've seen prior), what with a decent evolution level and EARTHQUAKE AT LEVEL 36 a very nice level-up moveset. May not be so good for triple battles and rotation, though. Regardless, this is probably going on my team. Tabunne (hi, Alurane) definitely has a decent ability (regeneration). Although its moveset is mediocre, and its stats only slightly less so, it gets a lot of TM variety. This might be a decent competitive option. Who knows? Roobushin is mainly an attack maniac. Id doesn't get much variety outside of Fighting and Rock-type, but what it does have goes VERY nicely with a 140 base Attack. Its other stats are mediocre, though. 6.5/10.
Now for those wart frogs. Rather limited movesets, and only decent stats, but TMs can probably do a wonder to help this guy. But why does it have Water/Ground? My Aerodactyl does not like. Next up are Nageki and its blue counterpart. I'd have to say the red one is better, just due to its more balanced stats, but the blue one does have some advantages. Both of 'em are really just fighting-mono types of pokémon. But your pick. I, personally, don't see myself using either of them. And that's all for now.

General Analysis Duex Complete...

Recording Note...:
all of these are my own opinions. Also, I didn't check the TM moves. That would probably make a difference.

Assignment complete. Entering Sleep Mode.

354.png
589.png
567.png
621.png
625.png
606.png

The dream world's available pretty early, right?

Last edited:
You just need to be able to get onto nintendo wfc.

You know you can only actually catch one dream world pokémon per day, right? You can pick from up to ten or so, but you only get to keep one.

Why are you asking me? Go talk to Gamefreak.

Also note that Global Link (including the dream world) is down at least half of the time, haha server issues.

Also, while you didn't ask about this: kurimugan and tiny-oobemu are obtainable after you have seven badges, while komatana is at eight badges, iirc.

Because I'm not going to be so uptight about when I catch my pokemon since my main goal is to just get my team and beat the elite 4.

I'm goin' for a no evolving run. I'll have the schnauzer thing (or yorkshire terrier, if you prefer), monozu (can't pass up a dopey llama, can you?), mushaana (hey, it's technichally not cheating, you can get it as a talk-to pkmn), pansage (monkeys! tree monkeys, no less!), pokabu (i'll name it Bacon, because it cooks itself!), and Sigiliph (its the egiptian pot bird thing, and since it has magic guard, i'll say that I have it for luck).

I'm goin' for a no evolving run. I'll have the schnauzer thing (or yorkshire terrier, if you prefer), monozu (can't pass up a dopey llama, can you?), mushaana (hey, it's technichally not cheating, you can get it as a talk-to pkmn), pansage (monkeys! tree monkeys, no less!), pokabu (i'll name it Bacon, because it cooks itself!), and Sigiliph (its the egiptian pot bird thing, and since it has magic guard, i'll say that I have it for luck).

I don't plan, I just do, and get pissed that most of my teams have reoccurring pokemon...

When I play the games, I'm just going to catch the first five cute Pokémon I find and add them to my team. XD Though there a couple I know I want.

Pre National dex:
Embroar (Swineflu)
Archeops (Fidget)
Zoroark (Boss)
HM slave
Reshiram
Hydreigon (X)

Post National dex:
Typhlosion (King)
Garchomp (Breaker)
Tyranitar (Redux)
Salamence (Nedmund)
HM slave
Charizard (Charles)

Black team:
Daikenki (Shellgun)
Elfuun
Zuruzukin
Archeos
Shandera
Gothielle

I only have Shellgun's name figured out, though.

I don't have a planned team of six, but I do know what Pokemon I want.

Samurott ("Ronin")
Serperior ("Carmen")
Emboar ("Jason")
Victini ("Winston")
Zoroark ("Zorro")
Liepard ("Yamichan")
Simisear ("Moyasu")
Zebstrika ("Hikari")
Swoobat ("Tobu")
Excadrill ("Teggan")
Krookodile ("Kamina")
Archeops ("Rekishi")
Cinccino ("Orihime")
Gothitelle ("Ningyo")
Emolga ("Risu")
Joltik ("Kumo")
Chandelure ("Shiro")
Mienshao ("Suru")
Braivary ("Sensou")
Hydreigon ("Ryu")
Reshiram ("Yang")
Zekrom ("Yin")
Meloetta ("Ongaku")
Genesect ("Dennis")

My final team will probably be Ronin, Zorro, Kumo, Suru, Winston, and Rekishi. And before you ask, yes, I have the shiny beasts for Zoroark and can get WiFi to get Victini.

Back
Top Bottom