• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Why do You Write?

I write to live my imagination, and provide a portal to my dreams. I view the fictional world as a great escape from reality, and dreams as a sacutary, even if they lead to death. One day I wish to live in the world of my mind.

In my field of paper flowers
And candy clouds of lullaby
I lie inside myself for hours
And watch my purple sky fly over me

I write because…well, I got started when I read one or two really good stories online and thought, "Hey, I could do that, and I wouldn't have to worry about if it's horrible or not because I'm not publishing it!" Then I got started, and I love taking a previously existing plot (PMD2 or Pokemon Ranger 2, at the moment) and completely twisting it so half of it is totally different. Or I retell it with different dialogue, a character that actually talks, character development, romance, random extra events…yeah.

And when I get an idea that's actually really good, and I'm having fun planning out, I become an addict to the plot/characters and will concentrate solely on that for a while and write a lot. And it makes me happy to read over my work and know that I'm improving, that it's actually fairly good.

Overall, I've grown to love it - especially plotting after a rare stroke of inspiration or writing emotional, interesting scenes.

I have interesting stories within my dreams at times. I write in order to get those feelings down and to not forget about them. Pleasant dreams shouldn't be forgotten.

I used to write to please the fans I had on Da, but now I just write for the sake of writing.

If I were to say i write because I don't want to lose a good idea, it's only half right.

I think I write mainly to improve. I've been told that I write really well, but I don't agree with it; so when I'm writing something, I'm doing it to improve my writing as well as preserve a great idea. (which is why I do the occasional story outline.)

So that one day, somebody will care enough about what I've written to burn copies of my books.

Just for the record, this is one of the most intelligent things I've seen you say.

Me? I like words. I like it when words are put together in ways that work. Sometimes I think I can do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom