• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia [Mafia Win]

Re: Mafia [Day 1]

Okey doke. Thanks.
So, assuming that LS was not inspector or doctor, we should have Inspector roleclaim, and the doctor anonymously heal the Inspector so that we can find out who's who.

Hmm... Assuming there are 2 Mafia (and there probably are two in a game this size), there's a 1/4 chance that LS was inspector or doctor. Those chances are a bit high for my liking... would it be more beneficial for the inspector to remain hidden until he/she/they find something worth saying?

Hmm... Assuming there are 2 Mafia (and there probably are two in a game this size), there's a 1/4 chance that LS was inspector or doctor. Those chances are a bit high for my liking... would it be more beneficial for the inspector to remain hidden until he/she/they find something worth saying?

Actually, it would be 1/3; since only one person died we know that LS99 can't have been one of the two lovers. Of course, that's a higher chance than what you said, and only serves to further your point. I'm hardly ever in favour of cops revealing themselves this early on unless their information would be of immediate use to the town, even if I guess there's a lower risk to that in this game since there's no possibility of healer clash. Having the doctor openly focus their attention on only one specific person every night leaves everybody else wide open, though.

Whoops, math fail. I should never attempt to math.

Yeah, leaving everyone open is not good, since it'll guarantee the Mafia getting one kill every night... but the other scenario gets us good information. So both have their ups and downs.

Okey doke. Thanks.
So, assuming that LS was not inspector or doctor, we should have Inspector roleclaim, and the doctor anonymously heal the Inspector so that we can find out who's who.

uh....

That sounds to me a very convenient thing for the mafia. Especially because if we do that now, we essentially lock the doctor into healing the inspector every night just to ensure the mafia doesn't kill him, regardless of if they actually would be attacking the inspector or not. This allows the mafia to kill everyone else with wild abandon, just so we can have information.

I do support inspectorclaim, just not this early on. I actually prefer it for an inspector to stay quiet until they've found mafia, so they can help us at least once.

uh....

That sounds to me a very convenient thing for the mafia. Especially because if we do that now, we essentially lock the doctor into healing the inspector every night just to ensure the mafia doesn't kill him, regardless of if they actually would be attacking the inspector or not. This allows the mafia to kill everyone else with wild abandon, just so we can have information.

I do support inspectorclaim, just not this early on. I actually prefer it for an inspector to stay quiet until they've found mafia, so they can help us at least once.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

That makes sense, unless they get killed before being able to relay any information.

That would suck indeed, but when compared to the free kills the Mafia will get if we go ahead with your plan, I think it's worth the risk having the inspector remain hidden for now.

That's actually something I thought of, but then it occurred to me that k'yoril might just be inexperienced, and not mafia. And being inexperienced is okay!

I guess I'm for inactive lynch. Coroxon, Darkaura, and Flora haven't posted to contribute yet. (Darkaura has posted, but it was about her role PM not existing, nothing of substance) I would also lean against going for Flora just yet, because she often takes her time to contribute, and almost just as often gets the short end of the stick because of it.

So to me it's either Coroxon or Darkaura, if we're inactive lynching. Which I am not saying we should do necessarily, but there's no leads that I'm aware of...

I was actually at a friend's house when the day phase started! (why do I always suddenly have a life when I'm doing mafia)

I'm in favor of not doing an inspector claim, for reasons mentioned above, and I'm a little skeptical of inactive-lynch, especially in such a small-ish game

Well, I don't want to inactive lynch, in fact, if it were up to me we'd abstain.

I just figured that was the direction we were headed in...

Jumping on the Abstain Train. Oh well.

(Geese, I wish I had something of note to say.)

Back
Top Bottom