• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia [Mafia Win]

Re: Mafia [Day 2]

But then if/when we lynch the accused and they turn up innocent, we'll probably go after the accuser, yes?

But then we could be shooting at nothing and end up killing off a bunch of innocents. Hrml.

But then if/when we lynch the accused and they turn up innocent, we'll probably go after the accuser, yes?

But then we could be shooting at nothing and end up killing off a bunch of innocents. Hrml.

That's a fair point, but if they were talking to Coroxn when he posted that, and he ended up getting killed because of what he posted while pming that person, it seems just a bit too coincidental.

We can talk via PMs...? Huh.

Maybe the mafia is trying to psyche us out? I tried that before, but to little success as Karkat Vantas left the forum before the game could continue...

Just a thought. My vote falls for abstaining, because we have no viable leads....

Yeah, it says in the first post of either this thread or the signup thread that we can talk outside of the thread.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the Mafia are trying to "psyche us out". Could you elaborate on that? :0

At the moment I'm leaning towards abstaining, too. Though I feel like we're onto something maybe sort of? At least we have more things to speculate about so I just /feel/ like we're getting there.

Like, make us think they're just herpin' around and inexperienced when really (and this ishypothetical, of course) the mafia is like, Butterfree, Mai, Negrek, and Coloursfall.

There are other ways to do it, but this would seem to be the way the mafia is going about it in this game.

If I die tonight I'm probably right, just saying.

Of that list only Mai is in this game! :P

But idk, I don't think they're that inexperienced? LS99 usually talks, from what you guys've told me, and Coroxn seems to have been killed for having valuable information. Neither kill seems random. Of course the Mafia doesn't have to be terribly experienced to figure out to kill Coroxn if they saw whatever he posted (or even if they didn't see what he posted, they might've thought it was important and they may have killed him for that). At the same time the Mafia could be experienced and kill randomly just to throw people off the track, like you said. Or they could just truly be inexperienced. It could go either way, so measuring the Mafia's experience through their night kills could be nothing more than a guess.

At the same time it's worth speculating about because it could be a lead. As I said I think they know what they're doing or at least are thinking about their night kills somewhat.

... wow, I need to learn to organize my thoughts more. I'm pretty sure I repeated stuff.

Of that list only Mai is in this game! :P

That was kind of the point, I didn't want to be pegged for ACTUALLY guessing the mafia. So i just listed a few people off the top of my head who are good at mafia.

And yeah, the kills seem a bit random to me. I mean, I personally didn't see what Coroxon posted, so my information would be better organized with that knowledge. LS talks, but it's not always the most useful stuff, imo. I've seen him killed night one before, and I've always thought that that was an amateur's move because sometimes new people go off of just how many games people have been in and he's been in a whole bunch.

That's why I think we may be dealing with inexperience here, but without knowing what Coroxon said last night I would have no way of knowing.

And yeah, the kills seem a bit random to me. I mean, I personally didn't see what Coroxon posted, so my information would be better organized with that knowledge. LS talks, but it's not always the most useful stuff, imo. I've seen him killed night one before, and I've always thought that that was an amateur's move because sometimes new people go off of just how many games people have been in and he's been in a whole bunch.

That's why I think we may be dealing with inexperience here, but without knowing what Coroxon said last night I would have no way of knowing.

I don't know, I think by now we've pretty much established that Coroxn must've been killed for saying something important (or at least seeming to), so there's just the one kill that you're considering random, isn't there? Nobody seemed to think it was that unusual "yesterday"; I don't really, either, since good mafia tend not to go for the most obvious targets right away simply because they are the most obvious targets and are therefore the most likely to be healed.

EDIT: Oh, I keep forgetting about that thing that said that lynch votes not sent in will be randomized. No lynch, then.

right, but my point is that while mafia don't usually go for the most experienced person, they do usually go for someone else who tends to be a large threat. I just don't see LS that way, I guess?

Most of my ramblings early on are pretty useless anyway.

K'yoril

Think about it; On page 2 or so, he was asking something about what the inspector should do. That alone would have made the mafia kill him at the following night. But no. Coroxn was killed, and Coroxn hadn't done a thing except to vote to abstain. Seems like something an inexperienced mafia would do. Remember, K'yoril hasn't been in many mafia games on here, so he's pretty inexperienced.

Also, LS wouldn't be a big threat, but the mafia killed him on night zero, and they didn't kill and experienced player like Mai or something. Seems like something an inexperienced player would do.

Plus, we can't just keep abstaining. The mafia will kill us off one by one if we do keep abstaining. Sorry, but to me, the evidence points right to K'yoril. If K'yoril is innocent, however, feel free to lynch me the next day. But really, what have we got to lose if we lynch K'yoril?

I can see where you would get that, but I think what you're overlooking is that the mafia want the inspector to be known so they can kill him/her. So, while I agree with you that inspector talk early on is usually mafia work, I don't think that an otherwise seemingly innocent player getting the inspector out would make the mafia want to kill the innocent in question. Not initially, anyway.

Also, I don't think we have enough information to lynch anyone just yet. And no one ever kills Mai night one because she's basically guaranteed to get healed. I tried once, trust me.

In a game this size, I'd assume we have 2 Mafia. That means we have 6 innocents. If we lynch someone and they turn out to be innocent, and the Mafia successfully kills during the night, we'll be down to 4 vs 2. If we lynch again and we miss, then we lose, because it'll be 2 vs 2, their votes will counteract ours, and they'll just kill again during the night.

If we abstain, it'll be 5 vs 2, blah blah blah. We've gotten some good information and discussion going on now, and I feel like we're onto something.

Personally I think that K'yoril is just inexperienced - his plan was good in theory, but he forgot about the fact that it could have allowed the Mafia to kill easily. The Mafia don't seem like the sharpest tools in the shed for killing LS99 the first night when there are more tempting targets (even though they're likely to be healed) but I don't think they're completely inexperienced, either. DarkAura, what you have there is a hunch (also what Zackrai said about the Mafia wanting the inspector to be revealed, so why would they kill K'yoril after that?) and I don't think it's enough evidence to lynch. Chances are high that he's an innocent and if he is, then we cut down on the time we have left to discuss and find the Mafia.

DA, I am inexperienced. Therefore, I would almost immediately be dismissed as non threatening. The mafia has really no reason to kill me yet, especially since we beleive Coroxn may have said something important. I'm also an incredibly easy target to pin the blame on, simply because of my inexperience. To paraphrase, 'What can I offer?'. So far, just an opinion. But killing me off for inexperience isn't exactly going to help me become more experienced, and thus able to offer more, is it?

So go ahead and lynch me. I'm an innocent. It'll only help the mafia out.

Since there's actually discussion, I've extended. This is the last extension this phase.

Cause as of right now, both K'yoril and DA are going to be lynched since they both have votes.

24ish hours people.

I'm pretty sure I did too... I was just addressing DA, not voting for her.

Shhhhh Phantom does unmath.

Gonna call it. No one died.

Do some stuff with night actions. 48ish hours.

Re: Mafia [Night 2]

Btw guys I will tell you if you've killed a mafioso.

Kyrol and Light are dead

Do stuff. 48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom