• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nudity

Pronoun
he
I got a question for you guys, do you think nudity in itself is sexual? Seeing as I'm an art student who's taken both male and female anatomy classes I don't think so, even though that's just me.

I just want TCoD's stance on this, seeing as it's kinda touchy with some people.

I don't think nudity is sexual per se, but rather its context. Kind of like an axe; it can be used for chopping trees or chopping heads.

Definitely not. It actually bothers me a lot when people treat nudity as sexual by default. My view on this is very much biased because I'm sex-repulsed, but not nudity-repulsed - for example, when watching a show/movie that has a sex scene, even if no one is naked at all, I'll always fast forward because it really really bothers me (it can severely trigger me in some cases). But I'll watch shows like Oz or Orange is the New Black where people get naked casually and it doesn't bother me at all, because that's just how the human body is meant to look.

Eh, nudity is not inherently sexual. It's still not something I like to see outside of certain contexts.

There's nothing sexual about nudity in itself. It's just bodies. Doesn't mean you should put nudity everywhere without warning - there's still a general nudity taboo which means people often just aren't used to seeing non-sexual nudity which means it can make them uncomfortable - but there is more to what makes sexual imagery sexual than the subjects being nude.

I feel a need to comment in this discussion because it's been a source of personal strife in my own life as well as well as the fact that, up until recently I would've disagreed with the posted opinions.

Having been raised in a typical American home with typical American culture, I've been raised with the idea that nudity is sexual. I've been successfully working towards the alternative, but it's still something that I'm aware of if I see nudity in a less private space.

Back
Top Bottom