• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Double-Take Mafia

good excerpts:

CgIFPIC.png

uJ9aYdc.png

Butterfree is mafia ChillyRey is the god damn tracker goodbye

God damn it. I was thinking the whole game "Oh, making the healer neighbors with a mafia member would totally be a neat thing to do in a mafia game, it might be sanderidge". I spent a while thinking it might be sanderidge and Eifie, telling sanderidge stuff in the hope of being able to gauge if Eifie said something that sounded like she knew what I'd been saying to sanderidge, and then I very deliberately didn't tell sanderidge that I was a doctor (only to go on to reveal it in the thread after misreading some posts, welp). But I admit I wasn't fully thinking through at the end that if there were two mafia (and RedneckPhoenix wasn't one of them) we'd be losing next turn because there were too few of us.

ZM why did you spend the whole game watching instead of tracking when you also had tracking, tracking is way more useful, argh

I definitely think this was a very scumsided setup with two mafia. The mafia don't have to bullshit anything because they've got other roles that they can use alongside the kill; the only way to catch them is if they're acting shady in the thread or if ZM caught one of their night visits, and even if he did catch a night visit, that wouldn't necessarily prove the night visit was a kill, because they've also got other verifiable actions where they target a player with something innocuous. Meanwhile, there's also very little reason for the mafia to say anything remotely risky in the thread - being lynched once does zero harm to their cause, so they don't even need to get themselves worked up the first time they're suspected, and they pretty much don't have to make up anything that might be contradicted because they've genuinely got potentially innocuous night actions that they also used (they just have to lie about their motivations for their targets). And then on top of that comes the bit where the town has to lynch correctly four times, while the mafia only need six town deaths to win: effectively, just two mislynches (which is how many it takes to even know it was a mislynch, so effectively just a single wrongly accused townie) means town inevitably loses! That's really lopsided. I think it'd be neat to do this concept again at some point (it makes for a meatier seven-person game than most), but it'd have to be seriously rebalanced.

ZM why did you spend the whole game watching instead of tracking when you also had tracking, tracking is way more useful, argh
Really? I thought tracking wasn't very useful. Tracking only gives a single result, whereas watching can see what a bunch of people did. Also if you track you get a single person's action without context, but if you watch someone who dies and there's only one visitor you know that's the killer.

I just got unlucky with my actions T_T

Back
Top Bottom