• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 3 ENDS AUGUST 20TH)

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (DEADLINE JULY 13TH)

my pearl game is not functioning well enough to use it, so i'm in the process of moving my pearl team to platinum.

heres the new FC (time zone is still gmt -5 (est) ): 0689 1412 5125

sorry if theres an inconvinience, kratos.
-SN

So, it's the thirteenth, and I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting starting this thing up. I sure am so I can be on standby for the prizes. :l
Is this everyone who's gonna sign up then?

I've been waiting for the match-ups as well.

The idea was to wait until the end of the day, which has not happened yet where I am. Chances are no one else will sign up, but I'd still rather wait and see.

3 hours till midnight. tomorrow we get the news, unless you're will to pull an all-nighter.

Thanks Kratos, for changing my FC.

If we could keep the impatient posting down to a minimum in general, you guys, that would be great. >>;

Okay. Since there are exactly eight of you, that means that we can just go ahead with a simple three-round single-elimination tournament. I guess this means that all of you are going to get a position by default, but I obviously still need to determine your rankings within the eight and the numbers are still a little awkward for that. As such, I'm going to ask you to post and confirm the number of pokémon each player had remaining after the match ended (so, for example, if one person knocks out all six of their opponent's pokémon and their opponent knocked out only three, they'd post that they won 3-0); the better a losing player does in their match (e.g., 2-0 is better than 5-0 because the loser defeated more pokémon before losing their last), the higher their rank will be in the end.

The matchups for the first round are as follows:

Arylett Dawnsborough vs Vixie
Zora of Termina vs Blackthorne Steele
Full Metal Cookies vs Mewtwo
moon-panther vs SonicNintendo

These will be edited into the first post shortly, along with friend codes and whatever else.

None of the entrants' timezones are too far apart, so hopefully no one should have a huge problem reaching their opponent in time to battle. If there is a huge problem, however, please let me know immediately so I can try to fix it before things progress too far. If you wait too long then I'm probably going to have to disqualify one or both of you anyway. If you've tried to contact your opponent but they have not responded, please be sure to post in this thread and let me know before the deadline so I know it isn't your fault.

Said deadline is July 27th, by the way. I'm going to be generous and give you all two weeks, since one week per round is invariably never enough for anyone around here; it honestly shouldn't take that long, though, and I'd prefer having all matches finished sooner than that. I do not expect to have to hand out any extensions.

Additionally, Blastoise was kind enough to make a ribbon that the winner of the tournament can put... I dunno, wherever. So there's that in addition to the pokémon Zora's offering.

GOGOGO

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 1 ENDS JULY 27TH)

So, lets say I beat FMC. She KOed two of my Pokémon. Would that make it 4-0 or 2-0? (this is pure example, I just want to make sure)

You count the number of pokémon you have remaining, so it would be 4-0. If you were counting the number of pokémon knocked out then her score would be 6 (as in 2-6), not 0.

Just letting you know now, I will be gone from the 27th-31st. I get Wi-Fi where I'll be, but it's INCREDIBLY unstable.

I'll remind you when it gets closer, though.

Mine and Sonic's battle is over. The result was in my favour. It was a good close match~!

k. i lost 0-1 to moon-panther. it was an incredibly close match. if i had one more move to get in, i wouldve won.

I lost to FMC, 0-2. If Tanya's Blizzard hadn't missed, I might have won.

...im mad now

God, Solstice is a lucky bird x: Confirming what Mewtwo said, yeah

Great game~ :3

You too, FMC =3

We should have another for-fun battle when I'm more experienced (that was the first full battle of my first battle team, so.)

Well, Zora and I fought.

It was close, but I failed. Zora beat me 1-0. YOU FAILED ME, FLARE! D:

I defeated Arylett 5-0. Good match, had me a little nervous at the start.

Fought Vixie and totally got the floor wiped with me. Ahaha~ Confirmed, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom