• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2011

Sometimes I just bang my head off my keyboard.

Relevantly, does anyone have a good idea for a hideously inappropriate song to serenade someone with? Preferably one that isn't really overtly about sex until you look at the lyrics.

I word war sometimes, but it usually takes me about three hours to fill in my daily minimum, and since I'm writing to give myself a buffer, sometimes five to six to keep myself a day ahead.

...I write slowly. ;_;

Yay for Cloudy! I wish I could write that fast. I just passed the halfway mark today. I'm still a little behind, but I'm catching up because of music from Homestuck and write or die.

Speaking of write or die, I've been using it repeatedly because my main problem with NaNo has been procrastination. I've been setting my goal to 2000 words in one hour, but usually managed around 1500 instead... until today. 2062 words in one hour, people! All I had time for today, but I'm nearly caught up and I have a short day at school tomorrow, so maybe I might actually end up being ahead again instead of being way behind.

At least I'm not having motivation problems. I really love my characters. Including the random ones that pop out of nowhere and become part of the ever-growing cast. Also, the baker named Micah actually did get his hand chopped off.

Where did everybody go? Hopefully the lack of posts means you're all writing furiously~ =P

I, unfortunately, am not going to finish on time... but! I haven't given up. I plan on reaching 25000 by the end of November, and 50000 by the end of December. It won't exactly be NaNo, but I'll still accomplish a lot. I like my story so far, although I'm eagerly awaiting the day where I can go back and revise it.

But, for now, writing homework that I need to do =[

I won!!!

Yesterday, in fact!

I have a yummy certificate to print out too! It was a whole lot of fun, and I will be definitely be doing this again next year. And just to prove it!

How about you guys? Any other successes?

I just won :D

And I actually like my novel. This is the third story I've ever completed out of my store of novel ideas but two of those were just, I don't know, two page school assignments. I just wrote a novel. It feels weird. But awesome.

Ugh I sort of gave up like a week ago. I'm still interested in my story and want to finish it, but every time I sit down to actually write I don't feel like it :V Half of my 21k words aren't even story, half is ASB reffings. My actual story is like 10k or something.

I'm having trouble motivating myself in these last few days. I'm without a buffer, so I'm worried that I might fail before the last day. How do I remedy this?

Winner_180_180_white.png

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Failed, but I still got a lot of stuff done, so I'm pleased with that.

I still feel a bit irked that some indie band already nabbed my title though.

Okay, I'm dumb. Where's the verify and win option this year? I can't find it and I have, like... five minutes to do so. Er.

Unless maybe I misset my time zone and NaNo thinks it's already December for me? Oh noooo...

Edit: Obnoxiously difficult-to-find link discovered! Success!

So, another year, another NaNo. This went better than last year in that I didn't write a story for a week, loathe it, and then switch to writing another story for the next week the way I did last year. It went worse in that I wrote basically all the story in the span of four days. Er.

Also a problem: I wrote most of the thing in a notebook, rather than on my laptop. This means that I now have to type all of it up if I want to easily work on it further. And, since I don't type up what I've already written significantly faster than I type a rough draft, it's going to take rather a bit of time to get it all into the computer.

So my posting of it is going to extend for a good 'nother week and a half or so, and I probably won't actually start editing until January. I also have to figure out how I'm going to organize that blog, since I'll be using it for various writing-related posts not having to do with NaNo.

Last edited:
I have done it! Mission accomplished!!

Although right now my brain hates me since to make the deadline I forced it to vomit out over 9000 words. And the story itself is nowhere near done, but I don't want to even look at it right now since that's all I've been doing for the whole month. Ah well, victory is still sweet.

School made me forfeit when I was 4000 words away. ;_; But if I didn't have three projects I would have gotten it, so... Meh.

I only got about 33% from reffing NaNoWriMo.

It's already enough for me to pull up some insane loot, though.

... Now to deal with the countless battles I've picked up for the wordcount.

Back
Top Bottom