• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Mafia 2: Of Voodoo and Vampires - Sign Up

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Okay so in the last game the innocents were... owned... but here's another chance.

I have yet to make out the specifics so I won't post roles for a little while. I want to know who all is interested. Remember you can always remove you name from the list. I would prefer a larger game.

I am working on the new games mechanics/storyline/flavor, so please be patient.

But for those of you who may be curious the Doctor will have an active role in this one, though he will not be role. NPC basically.

All I know right now is that I am either using Krillitanes (based off Krillitane Storm), Plasmavores and/or Judoon (meaning two mafia's possibly (trying to figure out how that would work), based off "Smith and Jones"), and I want it to happen during the middle ages. Imput is appreciated.

Even if you aren't interested in Doctor Who if I get a large number this could turn out to be a fun one so don't miss out!

Also in thread poll!

Which Doctor should be our star?
I will allow 1-8 but would prefer 9-11 since more people are familiar with them, specifically Ten (as played by David Tennant (my avatar for those who don't know), who was our star last game. (kinda)(11 might be fun... hmmmm I vote 11)

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Who Mafia 2: Sign Up

Don't know much of Dr. Who but maybe I'll learn a little more by playing and maybe wining this thing >:D

I want to be mafia in this one again :D But yesss I'm joining!

Any questions or suggestions so far? Remember this is only my second game.

Suggestions on...?
I'm also new at this, but maybe more unique and non-generic roles? I remember seeing them on a Mafia Tutorial site. Personally I'd find that a bit mroe interesting, as it might spice the game up.

Well I did have quite a few unique roles last game, like someone who couldn't be killed at all. And Rose Tyler who could bring a character back from the dead. But this all depends on which Doctor we're on.

I like the Fourth Doctor... He's in the one out of the two great episodes/serials I've watched!

We should have a Jester :D Or a Nexus or Politician. I don't know, throwing some ideas out there.

Yay, more DW! I liked being the bad guy.

In terms of Doctors, I feel like Nine doesn't get enough attention (and, well, he was my first Doctor) so my vote's for him. As a Mafia, I wasn't a huge fan of having two characters we couldn't kill, as, if the town had been more together, it would have been pretty easy for them to outvote us at the end. Maybe next time have one, at most. Multiple factions are interesting, but often hard (on that note, it's a bit early for Torchwood, but perhaps there could be a recruiting cult of some kind?). Other than that...the flavor text was awesome last time.

Yes! I have about a million billion words of essay to write between now and soon, so if it starts soon, I might not post much, but I'm SO in :D

I think that not telling us which characters and roles are in the game makes it a bit more fun. Not knowing if there's an alien, having no idea how many healers there are, and being able to fake!roleclaim whoever you want always makes Mafia games more fun, I think.
I loved the special roles from last time, too, so more of them would be welcome :)

I can't think of anything else, but I really enjoyed the last one (despite dying on Night 1...), and I'm sure this one'll be just as good!

Yes I think it will be secret roles.

EDIT: Okay I've decided. This is going to be interesting. There will be a lack of Doctor Who based roles, but hey, the story is still Doctor Who!

I need more players though. So anyone interested, I've got some interesting roles for you. >:]

DOUBLE EDIT: And I've chosen 11, next game will be 9 I promise. But 11 works better with the story.

Last edited:
I've chosen the title, see title lol.

Basically I have chosen secret roles, if I have the option there will be vanilla townies, so be aware. Also, to some people's dismay, the Doctor and his companions are not roles. The companions will be Amy and Rory, and will take place around the year 1840 in New Orleans. The Doctor, Amy, and Rory will be NPC's controlled by me, but I may randomly pop in with something any of them might say during the day phase.

STORY: The Doctor, Amy and Rory travel to 1840 New Orleans to visit the Big Easy, odd enough on the first night they learn the entire city has set up a curfew, preventing people from leaving their homes at night in order to protect them from the random murders that have been happening at night. The victims have been drained completely of blood and are found each morning, no one even hears screams. Some say it's vampires, or that it's bad voodoo, but the Doctor thinks it could be something even worse, and now he has to figure out who in the city doesn't belong there. But it seems everyone is suspicious so he must be careful lest these desperate townspeople turn on him.

Sorry about the double post I just felt this should be separate.

Hmm, would like at least 15 people I think so I can at least cover the roles, 20 for a more fun game.

Last edited:
I am setting up PM's now, so last chance to join.

I've removed one role since we are one short. I will start once all the PM's are sent out and the thread made. Any further questions before the game is posted are welcome.

In fact, yes, this is an alien free mafia. Though there was never going to be an alien in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom