• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Pokemon are good pets?

feh wailord would make a great pet

tie a few large helium balloons to it

and then just keep it in the sky

how will you feed it

I don't see why Swellow would be a bad pet. It could feed itself!

Swellow counts as "small bird pokemon", since it can sit on your head without crushing you, which is small enough for most purposes. A swellow would be nice, actually--it'd eat all the annoying bugs/flies/whatevers for you.

... Oh, swellow are smaller than I thought they'd be. :( Like linoone, I guess.

I guess Linoone's pretty much right (except for the deino part; see Pokedex entries*), but I'd want a tropius so much. Also, I'd imagine shuckle would be really easy to take care of...? So one of those would be nice.

* Yeah, yeah, Pokedex entries are unreliable. But "It tends to bite everything, and it is not a picky eater. Approaching it carelessly is dangerous." and "They cannot see, so they tackle and bite to learn about their surroundings." does not a good pet make, probably.

* Yeah, yeah, Pokedex entries are unreliable. But "It tends to bite everything, and it is not a picky eater. Approaching it carelessly is dangerous." and "They cannot see, so they tackle and bite to learn about their surroundings." does not a good pet make, probably.

Is okay, deinos don't have teeth!

Already posted, but I want to say: Deino. It doesn't have teeth!! He'd probably act like Gummy in MLP: FiM and bite everything without effect.

Now that I think about it, Flygon would be awesome, as it can fly, and doesn't set anything on fire/shock things/spray water everywhere/slash things up with attacks/roast them/or anything too harmful.

Oh, and most bug pokemon in general. There ARE pet tarantulas in existance.

golurk has a 71-move movepool. this is comparable to gastrodon, glameow, gothita, kingdram, minun, skorupi, woobat. it's ... not that great.

I didn't know that. ...well the highest of all non-legendary Pokemon is only 78 (Absol) but there's a lot in between.

I didn't know that. ...well the highest of all non-legendary Pokemon is only 78 (Absol) but there's a lot in between.

Actually, award for the non-legendary pokemon with the biggest movepool goes to Clefable, with a total of 137 moves. Absol is actually about average (slightly higher) at 78 moves.

Now that I think about it, Flygon would be awesome, as it can fly, and doesn't set anything on fire/shock things/spray water everywhere/slash things up with attacks/roast them/or anything too harmful.
But where are you going to keep your giant flying dragon? And how are you going to feed it?

Growlithe and Lillipup line would be neat ones to have I'd think. Dogs are great pets to begin with, and although you wouldn't want baby Growlithe to set things on fire they're loyal Pokemon (as the dex says anyway) and would be great for guarding the house too.

But I would say Meowth would be up there if only because of two words. Pay Day. A pet that earns its own keep is a good one imo! =p

whaat bulbapedia still says Absol has the most :|
Meowth used Pay Day!
The foe's Inflation used Payback!
Meowth used Counter!

(necessary qualifier: unless said currency has some sort of intrinsic value, probably due to the presence of some useful process which can consume it irreversibly at a rate significant compared to the rate of creation by meowth)

Deino may not have teeth but that doesn't mean its bite isn't wholesomely unpleasant. I wouldn't want a lot of toothless animals biting me...

I'd personally like a Linoone or a Furret. Something like that.

And call me weird, but if you could find somewhere to put it, a Solosis would be the cutest pet ever.

I really want an Audino u_u

When I was little I always wanted, like, an Eevee or one of the Nidoran. Something small and furry, but not too small.

Back
Top Bottom