• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

hot man on rusty tank is hot

want
want
want

in other news I have 10010 words, mostly because I got dragged away from writing to drink alcohol

copious amounts of alcohol

it was worth it.

NOW FOR MORE WRITING

I did like... 100 words today because I was plotting RP stuff and arranging and then cancelling plans for tomorrow.

SO I CAN TYPE TWICE AS MUCH AS I USUALLY DO TOMORROW, YEAH :DDDD

And I had taekwondo class, so I was feeling stressed out by having to get off earlier, and... I feel guilty right now. But hey guys, the afterlife is boring and looks like I looted it from Okami~

I keep spending more time working out their pokémon's nicknames than writing.

ooooh I'm not doing so well, I guess I'll just use the weekend for catching up

"Felix," he said, leaning forward and clasping his hands together. "Today is the day that Armageddon is meant to take place here at the Academy. All the faculty and staff are working extra hard to make sure everything runs smoothly, and if I may say so, we really don't need your disrespect and insubordination."

"What is meant to take place at the Academy?" I asked, sitting up ever so slightly. (and feeling a bit disappointed that I had lost my "cool", I won't lie).

"Armageddon," he told me. "Didn't you hear at the assembly yesterday?"

I had, of course, skipped the assembly yesterday, learning rather quickly that no one notices. Evan Roderick would consider it to be a flaw in the beautiful system.

"Um, sorry," I told him, biting my tongue. "I think I must have zoned out during that part."

"Well," he told me, "I don't want to stray too much from the subject at hand, but it appears that the Academy has been chosen to play an instrumental role in the deliverance of Armageddon, and uh, it's no one's choice, but there isn't really anything anyone can do about it right now, but we just have to make sure everything is running smoothly when it happens. We can't have total anarchy. Even in this difficult time."

STILL AT 2855 'CAUSE I SUCK

"Don't forget to pay for the cookie!"

Derek fixed her a stare that told her exactly what she could do with her cookie, a stare interrupted as a masked man in a heavy coat bowled into him. Derek hit the ground hard and slid a few feet before crashing into his and Nicola's table. The masked man pulled out a knife and pointed it at the young girl at the counter.

"Give me yer fucking money, ya cheap hoor!" he yelled gutturally.

The girl shrieked and got a smack across the face for her trouble. The masked man leapt over the counter and started repeatedly kicking the girl in the ribs. He raised the knife to stab her only for it to fly out of his hand with the sharp 'ping' of metal on metal and embed itself in the wall behind him. He turned his head slowly in disbelief, to find Derek standing just a few feet away with a semi-automatic pistol trained on where his knife was. Derek leveled a glare at the yob.

"Please step away from the young lady, sir."

Even through his mask, Derek could see that the man was furious and confused.

"I thought you lot didn't carry guns!?" he yelled indignantly, as if Derek were the criminal and he the victim.

Derek's expression didn't change even slightly.

"Please step away from the young lady, sir."

The masked man backed away slowly several feet then suddenly went to grab one of the nearby carving knives used to cut the sandwhiches. Derek pulled trigger and the man roared in pain as the bullet passed through his hand, shattering several bones on the way. Derek hopped over the counter and pushed the man bodily against the wall.

"I'm placing you under arrest for attempted robbery and assault causing harm."

The man struggled against him, despite the painful injury Derek had inflicted on him.

"What about my rights?"

Derek rolled his eyes as he reached for his handcuffs.

"This isn't Law and Order, you moron, your only rights are to be told what I'm arresting you for or to be arrested as Gaeilge."

He grabbed the man's wrists and clapped him in irons.

"You're gonna regret giving me the fucking paperwork."

Annnnd Mr. Angsty Protagonist finally got off his butt and started his pokemon journey. But the story is still moving so slowly ahhhh :( I was planning to have more of the plot happen, but it's just not happening. This story is going to span for more than 50,000 words at this rate, especially since all those 7000 words have been mostly exposition. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

Also, random characters are popping up and making themselves important. And my favorite character now is officially the hoot-hoot clock, which is not even a character but I anthropomorphize it too much so it totally counts now.

But it's so much easier to write when things are happening! I hope I can type faster now that I've finally got my main character to stop angsting.

Everyone's excerpts are really good and making me feel extremely inferior. :( damn you all.
Your excerpt is really good and it's making me feel extremely inferior. :( What am I then?

HERE ARE THE CURRENT SCORES FOR THE WORD WAR just for fun:
Team A: 32197
Team B: 51905
Team C: 44144
not postin' this because my team's winning or anything
really

BECAUSE TEAM B IS TOO COOL FOR YOU ALL HAHAHA

descriptions of hot man on rusty tank action you will not want to miss.

:D

And I had taekwondo class, so I was feeling stressed out by having to get off earlier, and... I feel guilty right now. But hey guys, the afterlife is boring and looks like I looted it from Okami~

You have taekwondo class, too? That's awesome! :D :D :D

I keep spending more time working out their pokémon's nicknames than writing.

Replace pokemon nicknames with my main character's high-school name and that's me right here. The only problem is that the high-school is not even important. :(

I might post an excerpt but I'm a lazy bum so.

Oh ahaha this is me: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/730180

I'm going slooooowly. I'll post the final product on tcod forums sometime, or perhaps I'll post a few chapters in a bit.

I'm planning on chugging through later- I have a 6-page essay and a Japanese test tomorrow, not to mention some theater work today... ._. But afterwards I swear I'll get back on track.

Eeeeee I should really sleep but I keep going like -- but where is $character in this au! I need to know! And then I get back up to go write a few hundred words.

Just got to 11,600 on the dot! Wow.

This was a really fun segment to write; not realistic and boring like the last one. It got exciting at the end once more, and epic. The main character got crushed by a giant hand of Darkness and then it ended before you could find out what really happened. Aaaah. I didn't intend for that to happen at all and it was going to be originally more toned down, but... that was just awesome. Time for error-checking! Then probably sleeping because I'm too tired to think right now.

surskitty! You are doing phenomenally well this year! I AM PROUD

in other news I've not written anything today because um sleep. WILL DO SOME STUFF LATER after lectures and the train journey home

I never actually said I was doing NaNo, but I decided to anyway, and I wrote the prologue on November 1st, and then I forgot to write for the next few days. Then again, I couldn't figure out how I was supposed to lead up to the ending I had already planned... better continue.

!

My class did that a long time ago! Who're you playing?

I will come back and be interested again as soon as I get more writing done!

I'm a composite of a Bow Street Runner, Policeman, Nightwatchman and a drunk guy in the Three Cripples.

I think it says a lot about the reliability of people in my school that in a musical with a cast of over 180 people, I still have to play multiple characters.

I am doing super awesome!! :D I've gotten about 800 words today so far which is not too bad given that it's 14:14 or so but more importantly I got like 2000 words yesterday >D

I'm doing, like. Awfully. ): I'm on 6092 right now... and my story is currently split between my home computer and the school network.

The fact that the site seems to be going faster is good, though. Makes me more inclined to write tonight. C:

Everyone should follow @NaNoWordSprints on twitter, if you have it. :D it helps me!

Well. I just finished today's words, and Chapter 7 will be up in my novel's thread soon. And let me say—That was FUN! I really like making battle scenes. And to fit the mood, I was listening to various battle themes from Romancing SaGa 3 the entire time...It fits perfectly. Anyway, it took a long time, though. Probably because I completely ditched my Rough Draft and wrote the epic battle from scratch. But.

10,000 words, woohoo!

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING YESTERDAY MY LIFE IS OVER

Me for the last two days. I'm really paying for it now. But hopefully I'll be able to make up for it on the weekend and the following days, because the our school's musical is almost over. I plan to write a ton while off stage. I'll finally have my laptop, so it'll be faster than the pen and paper I've been using while at practice. I'm /only/ 3,916 words down at this point.

Back
Top Bottom