• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

R.I.P. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata

What will Nintendo do without him?

I've seen people say that Miyamoto is a likely candidate to take over, but I don't think so. He might have the same amount of recognisability as Iwata (perhaps even more) but I think it's been clear for a while now that he's getting close to retirement and isn't really up for doing the important stuff. I don't know enough about anyone else at Nintendo in Japan to take a stab who will be the president instead though. They could always get one of these.

1075%20-%20Hamtaro%20-%20Ham-Ham%20Heartbreak%20E%20M5-0000_zpsdxevd0hq.png

Nobody knows this game, but it was the essence of my childhood. It was the first video game I ever owned. It is the reason I am into Pokémon and, by extension, here today to post this. It was my favorite game for many long years and still probably holds the title for most-often-replayed game in my collection.

Nobody knows this game and it is one of the best adventure games I've ever played. It's based off the anime/manga Hamtaro - which nobody knows - so you'd expect it to suck, right?... If it were more well known, it would easily be a classic in the world of handheld adventure games that even hardcore game fans say is excellent.

Nobody knows this game and Iwata was the executive producer.

1075%20-%20Hamtaro%20-%20Ham-Ham%20Heartbreak%20E%20M5-0000_zpsdxevd0hq.png

Nobody knows this game, but it was the essence of my childhood. It was the first video game I ever owned. It is the reason I am into Pokémon and, by extension, here today to post this. It was my favorite game for many long years and still probably holds the title for most-often-replayed game in my collection.

Nobody knows this game and it is one of the best adventure games I've ever played. It's based off the anime/manga Hamtaro - which nobody knows - so you'd expect it to suck, right?... If it were more well known, it would easily be a classic in the world of handheld adventure games that even hardcore game fans say is excellent.

Nobody knows this game and Iwata was the executive producer.

Nobody knows this game?? I spent like, hundreds of hours on this thing. Okay, maybe dozens. I polished SO MANY FREAKIN' stones, omg. Also this:

tumblr_lktd6ji51I1qbcxaso1_500.png

Nobody knows this game?? I spent like, hundreds of hours on this thing. Okay, maybe dozens. I polished SO MANY FREAKIN' stones, omg. Also this:

tumblr_lktd6ji51I1qbcxaso1_500.png

Well I haven't met many people who have so I keep saying "nobody"

and yes that image is the most perf thing ever made

He was a genius programmer who will be missed; he's the guy who's basically responsible for compressing Gold and Silver to have Kanto, as a pleasant surprise to fans. Also, Melee's engine was riddled with tons and tons of bugs, to the point where they might have had to scrap it entirely. He and a few others fixed the whole thing in three weeks. And he saved Earthbound from being thrown away too. It's always sad when such an inspiration dies before he should.

I still can't completely get over this... I've been a huge Nintendo fan for years and Iwata has been a huge inspiration for me.

Let's not forget that he cut his own salary in half just so he wouldn't have to fire anyone some years back... He truly was a great president and CEO.

You will be missed... R.I.P

I feel kinda bad that I never realised until now what a great man Iwata was. He's always just been kind of a name and a face to me, and I vaguely knew something about some Nintendo exec or another taking a voluntary paycut rather than lay off staff, but I never knew how much of a hand he had in a fair few games that are very dear to me or how passionate he was about just trying to make fun games.

RIP in peaches, Iwata-san, and thanks for everything.

Back
Top Bottom