• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DREAMS.

I had one in which Quirrell in Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality decided to be Mukuro from KHR for a bit.

I dreamt I was at this site on the net with various pictures/films. (Most of it was supposed to be educational/science stuff, if I remember correctly.) One of them was a hole on a white background, and what would appear in the hole changed somehow after what you were thinking of(or at least, that's what it said, but I think it just changed each time), or not the exact thing you were thinking of, but more... your subconscious trying to explain you something. First time it showed a cat, next time a penguin (with a human mouth instead of a beak), and they both drunk some beer from a bottle... the third time it showed Batman jumping down.
Later, a friend tried another one of the things at their site. It was one of the more disturbing, shocking ones(the two last were like this, and labeled with warnings and such)(the flashes were in order after their "rating"/amount of disturbing material, from lowest to highest) I first talked to him over a chat, but then I saw him sitting in a room with a computer. He looked shocked by what he saw.

Last edited:
... I could feel the wind going in front of my face, reassuring myself that I'd fall on the soft grass and be OK, but as I got closer to the ground, I realized I would die when I hit the ground, and a split second before I did, I kid you not, I woke up.

It was so strange. The feeling of falling to my death was so familiar, yet I never experienced anything like that in real life...

If I fall in one of my dreams, it isn't the scariest thing in the dream. It is most likely one of the following two situations:
1) I stand on a roof/cliff/whatever, afraid that I could fall. Then I actually fall, but I immediately realize it's a dream and I'm not scared anymore.
2) There is something ugly in the dream. I haven't seen it yet, and it might only be in a game or film, but it's quite likely that I will see it and I am not looking forward to it at all. Suddenly, I realize it's just a dream and I kill myself to wake up.

I had a dream today in which I was making a story that was something like this:
Seven friends are organizing a Christmas celebration somewhere in England. Then they somehow get teleported to New York. One of them ends up in a small seaside restaurant. (It was supposed to take place in the early 20th century, but it looked too modern.) There, they greet him with coffee and whipped cream. One of the waiters is named Pickman. (I don't remember the first name, but it wasn't Alexander.) Later, our hero meets a young woman in the restaurant. Her head falls off, but it turns out it wasn't really her head and she is older. When he looks out through the glass door, he sees a woman with a gray face and some fish-like features passing around. He gets scared and runs away.
When I was telling it to someone in the dream, he suggested that the main guy's initials should be VV, but I had already decided that his first name should be Howard. (surname not specified)

Last edited:
Welp, last night I had a really weird, long dream that I mostly don't remember.

First of all, the night before last night I had to stay up until 5:30 doing homework, so I came home from school (at 5:30) and crashed at like, 6:30 pm and slept all night, because I've had a lot of late nights recently. The dream actually started with me waking up... after sleeping for two years! Not really sure what happened, but I remember that my mom told me that I had been sleeping/ in a coma for two years, and the doctors had said I wasn't going to make it. The first thing I noticed was that my hair was back to its original color (I just got it done the other day -- blackish-brown with red highlights XP ). I had to go back to school to finish the last quarter of my senior year, which was weird with all my friends gone. I remember having a lot of emotional breakdowns... the feeling of crying is what I remember most clearly about the dream.

I got to see future stuff since it was two years from now. I don't remember anything specifically, except for a new Pokemon Black version with a multicolored Reshiram (white and brown)... this, the part which prompted me to post this, is absolutely astonishing, because before I saw the heading "New Pokemon Games: Pokemon Black and..." this afternoon, which triggered the memory of the dream, I had no idea they were coming out with new Pokemon games, much less Black and White 2!

At the end of the dream I vaguely remember playing some psychological game, which is weird. And in part of that same final segment, I was taking care of kids, which I had some emotional connection to, which is extremely weird for me since I'm not planning on having kids and have never even thought about it. I'm fairly certain I also had a Significant Other that went along with that... which is just o_O. Anyhow.

That's the second time I've had something oddly specific come true in a dream that is highly relevant to my life. The other time was when my dog died earlier this year, but I won't go into that. The fact that in my dream, Black version had a subtitle that I don't remember (instead of being simply "2"), and it was specifically Black Version makes me suspect that "New Pokemon Games: Pokemon Black and..." had been subliminally flashed into my eyes sometime when I had been scrolling down the main page, but it's really unnerving that there was an altered, multicolored reshiram in my dream, since I definitely hadn't clicked that link before! And it's not even like I've been hanging around Serebii or anything!

For extra WTF's, yesterday, I came home from school and pretty much went straight to take a nap. I was dozing off, and my mom yelled at me to come down for dinner. At first I thought it was in a dream, but then my eyes opened and I realized I was awake. I distinctly remember thinking, with a tranquilized mind, "eat... what a strange thing" as I got up to come down stairs. Super-weird feeling...

I usually forget all my dreams within 24 hours. That is, except for one dream I had when I was, like, five, which I somehow remembered.

Basically, I was visiting my grandparent's house for some party, and there were a bunch of cartoon characters there. For whatever reson, me and T-Bone, that yellow dog from Clifford wanted to prank Tommy's dad from Rugrats, and apparently, the only prank we could think of was to make duck noises. But for some reason, we couldn't have him say hi to us. For some reason, stealth seems to be a reoccurring theme in my dreams.

So we do the 'prank', and it works. So the dad goes into the backyard, and we decide to sneak in there using the slide in my grandmother's bedroom (No, my grandmother doesn't really have a slide in her bedroom). So we go down the slide making duck noises, and we start to run away, but we are interrupted by Chloe, the pink dog from Clifford, and two mice. So we don't escape in time, and the dad says hi to all of us, making us extremely depressed.

And then me, my mom, and my uncle decided to play Candy Land. The end.

Okay, so.

To start the dream off, I was living in this town of May, somewhere a few hundred miles north of Mexico. The city had two streams running right next to it. So one day I was approached by some fat guy who asked me how close we lived to mexico. He then explained that he needed to evacuate those of us who were willing to go because the water in one stream (which started in Mexico) was getting poisonous. So everyone jumped down a giant waterfall, and then the fat guy started reading off names saying which people wanted to evacuate. When he called mine I swam back up the waterfall, and a few people came with me, and then a few months later the stream stopped. The end.

It was surprisingly more realistic than most of my dreams, though.

Two dreams I remember right now (though hopefully writing them out will help me remember more dreams?). Both were from-ooh, three!-years ago. One involved me gaining the ability to-four! this is productive!-to talk to talks and I basically hung out with this one dog from our neighbourhood for a while.

Second dream involved me being chased in a mansion by scooby doo villains (they were scary at the time) and I realised it was a dream, threw myself onto the floor and woke up.

Third dream I remember was me in a swordfight against my entire school in a playground, in which I was eaten by a dragon and disqualified from the war for bending my sword (which had been made out of foam, I guess) slightly.

Fourth dream involved werewolf gallivanting through some giant public garden with a friend.

Fifth! Fifth dream involved me in a zombie apocalypse in a hotel I visited in Venice. Then I was in my home street, surrounded by them, and shot myself in the head to avoid being ripped to shreds. Well. Fuck. That's all kinds of dark.

Well, that's it. My five dreams that I remember.

... I don't even know what to make of this.

First part of my dream is in the cafeteria. I see that I'm with some of my guy friends, Chris, Jaden and Cody. While the first two are talking about other stuff, the later is talking to me about something, but I'm too lazy to remember what. When Cody had to go, he gets really close to my face and says that he'll see me again very soon. I'm a bit flustered, but I return the bid farewell, and turn back to the other two. However, Cody jumps back in front of me and gets even closer to my face than last time, and I'm pretty sure his mouth is about a centimeter from mine because his breath smells like gravy. "Alright? I'll see you later, right?" he asks, and though I'm getting really uncomfortable from the closeness, I answer yes. As he leaves, I see Chris rolling his eyes and glaring daggers into Cody's back as he walks out the door. When I ask him why he's so irritated, he explains his frustration concerning how Cody invades my personal bubble all too often (but strangely enough, in this dream was the first time). Jaden starts chuckling, and he whispers something into Chris's ear. Chris immediately shouts back to him, "No! No I do not!" Jaden's laughing escalates, Chris starts blushing and telling him to shut up, and I'm just kind of sitting there trying to make something of all of this.

I'm pretty sure that Jaden said something like "Oh hey man why you so angry just because Cody's taller than her and can get in her face doesn't mean your chances are gone 'cause you like her right" because I overheard him (for preference, Chris is about six inches shorter than me).

Part two... I don't even know which is worse.

So Chris and I are back in the cafeteria with a bunch of other people I go to school with. We're all working on diagrams for health, I think, and while the guys are working on the food pyramid, the girls are working on... their breast size. I'm still trying to figure out why of all things that was in my dream, but I can't seem to find an answer. ;~;

Anyways, I'm sitting by Chris and my other friend Carolyn. When I'm clueless as to the answer for that question to start working on my diagram, Chris merely looks at my chest and shrugs. "You're average," he answers nonchalantly. I raise an eyebrow and feel my face literally grow warm, but I wake up before anything else happens.

... I usually tell my friends my dreams, but now I don't know what to say to Chris and Jaden and Cody on Monday. •~•"

All I remember from my dream is I was in a school and I realized it was a dream at some point. I tried to bend reality to my will. Didn't work...

I posted this on a different forum and am too lazy to retype it:
The third one, and most recent, had me as America's little sister. We drove to where my aunt lives in real life, and England was there with a big truck. I fell in love with him for some reason. We had this big gigantic party, and then I walked up to England and told him that I wanted his phone number. He wrote it down on a Post-it note, and I climbed in for some reason and gave him mine. We drove somewhere that I don't remember, and he went off to buy me something. And then I woke up.

I recently recalled an old recurring dream from when I was little. But all I remember is that it involved streetlights and the color lavender.

I had a dream when I was younger, when we were staying in a motel in the town I used to live in when we didn't have the will to get home after a trip. It was a VERY Halloween-ish dream for mid-Summer, but it was pretty much me walking from my house in the town down the sidewalk, when suddenly the streetlamps turned a sickly green, and Halloween related magic/supernatural creatures and autumn animals (werewolves, vampires, witches, crows, etc.) started appearing, taunting me and stuff. A witch flew in and I ducked only to start sinking into the sidewalk, which had turned into green goo. I sank through the sidewalk and started falling in blackness. I woke up to the actual sensation of falling. It recurred once, last summer. It was just odd. Really, really odd.

Oh, I also had a dream last night where I was lost in the forest, and then got chased by this GIANT bug thing with a really long spikey-grabby tongue. I ran into my brother, who tried to protect me but got eaten. I kept running until I got out of the forest, where I was suddenly in an abandoned building. A box appeared suddenly to my left, I looked at it, and it popped open and hands pulled me in. Then I woke up.

Last edited:
I had a dream where I was a flying velociraptor and I had a velociraptor harem.

I think I win this thread.

i had a dream about homestuck cosplay. (i'm super worried about my costume/wig) i was talking to a John and a rose. (i think in my head they were the real deal.)
this makes it the 3'rd homestuck related dream in 3 nights.

Copypastaed from another forum:

I was out with a group of friends in the city(a few were people I know, but most were random dream-people). After we got there, they had heard something about a spaceship/ufo thing that was going to show itself tonight, and they wanted to see it. At this point, we split up and agreed to meet later.

At this point, the dream changed and was about Homestuck. I remember Roxy walking through the city(either she was drunk or sleepwalking), through everything and everyone else, who moved out of her way, but otherwise stood still. Strangely, she was in Homestuck-cartoon style, while the city was in a "real" style. Jane was in the dream too at some point.

Changing back to the first part, I was walking by myself through a mall, and decided it was time to meet up with my friends again. I walked out the exit, and outside is a parking lot with almost no cars, where I see my friends sitting down on the ground. (At this time, it's dark and night outside) I join them, and after a short while, something drops from the sky. It's a big, blue, octagonal spaceship with lots of "open windows/holes" on the sides. It drops down, and shortly after flies up again for a bit, and drops down in another place. We're all amazed at this, but a little scare since we're afraid it might drop down on us and it will be dangerous to stay and watch. After a few more drops-and-flying, it lands on the back of two random-dream-people friends lying on the ground... but it didn't hurt them. (Strangely, I could feel what they felt. I felt something on my back, but it wasn't painful.) It seemed more to be lying carefully on top of them, as if they were "blocking" it from falling completely down.

Just remembered a dream where my family and I (and some others) wandered through the universe (it was ripped apart by an apocalypse). There was a variety of locations, including a cave inside a coastal cliff, and a city being terrorized. My Dad got some kind of cancerous disease outside a bookstore, and I read the Skulduggery Pleasant novels to learn elemtal magic to ward away dangerous wizards who were trying to kill me, and then read some old author's work and used the knowledge-and David Tennant, the 11th Doctor-to cure Dad. Pretty epic dream.

Back
Top Bottom