• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia [Day 2 -- New death!]

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
PMs are all sent! Night actions, bitte! Also, no out of thread communication, please! Just letting you know now, I am expecting great things. Don't disappoint me.

It is Night 0. 48~ hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: #mafia [Night 0]

Good morning, denizens of Mafiatown! Despite it being Dawn of the First Day and people don't really expect anyone to be dead already, that is unfortunately not the case. The corpse of Eifie has been found half-hanging into the central town well. Poor Eifie, all she wanted was a drink.

Eifie is dead. She was innocent.

It is Day 1. 48~ hours for discussion.

Re: #mafia [Day 1 -- New death!]

I guess she was the Drunkard. Dunno what that means, maybe she's a roleblocker or something. Any guesses from the #mafia crowd?

I guess she was the Drunkard. Dunno what that means, maybe she's a roleblocker or something. Any guesses from the #mafia crowd?
For what it's worth, don't look into flavour text for role hints. Sorry, I meant to mention that I don't reveal anything at all myself.

Well. First day. This game seems to be breaking the no death day one pattern.

So flavor not relevant, no leads. Great.

Civilians
Vigilante - kills
Medic - heals
Investigator - inspects
Drunkard - roleblocks (gets drunk with target?)
Martyr - forces target to target the martyr instead, a la smogon mafia? idk. Based on mafia&co terrorist, martyr might die to revive someone or... idk.
Coroner - examines bodies to find out their roles? idk
Mayor - two votes, probably
Veteran - this? I don't know

Mafia & Co.
Mafia - kills
Dealer - heals
Spy - cops? maybe finds out the role name instead because mafia-aligned
Fatale - roleblocks (hooker-type role?)
Terrorist - explodes? does a martyr thing?
Exhumer - examines bodies to find out their roles? idk
Lobbyist - two votes, probably
Bouncer - ?????

Dark Horses
Lover - picks lover n0
Alien - activates if kill then wins if lynch, blah blah
Ninja - ????? probably not this because no tracker roles, unless veteran is tracker
#mafiaers, feel free to correct me :x

So, Eifie is dead and she was either innocent or a not-actually-in-the-Mafia-but-mafia-aligned mafia; probably the former since vigs wouldn't have evidence to base a snipe on n0, and a mafia wouldn't kill another mafia, especially in a game this small.

I haven't played #mafia before really so I have no idea how things typically work! Is a n0 death uncommon the way this usually works?

The most obvious conclusion is that Eifie was a victim of the mafia.

re:alligates - I think the roles on each side are supposed to mirror each other. Let me see if I can help with this list. Updates are in italics.

Civilians
Vigilante - kills
Medic - heals
Investigator - inspects
Drunkard - roleblocks
Martyr - innocent!terrorist (though bodyguard is plausible, the terrorist thing completes the parallel
Coroner - examines bodies to find out their roles
Mayor - doublevoter
Veteran - bulletproof?

Mafia & Co.
Mafia - kills
Dealer - heals
Spy - inspects
Fatale - roleblocks
Terrorist - explodes? does a martyr thing?
Exhumer - examines bodies to find out their roles
Lobbyist - doublevoter
Bouncer - bulletproof?

Dark Horses
Lover - picks lover n0
Alien - activates if kill then wins if lynch, blah blah
Ninja - ?????

And the thing that bothers me is the spy. A mafia member would never need to inspect anyone, because they already know who's not mafia.

That would mean that, if there is a spy, maybe the mafia are uninformed. Which, being based on IRC mafia, wouldn't be entirely far-fetched.

Adriane said that the victims who are in the Mafia, and not their associates, will be revealed as mafia on death. So isn't it also possible that the "main" Mafia don't know any other Mafia, and/or vice versa...?

I don't know if the roles are exactly parallel, because that would make Spy kind of useless?

Playing mafia somewhere else on the internet introduced me to roles similar to Veteran, where you killed anyone who targetted you, no matter what, without having to activate. I'm not sure if that is at work here.

You mean granny, Wargle?

Maybe the Spy knows they're mafia-aligned but not who the other mafia are and thus must inspect to find out (no communication powers until they hit mafia, then?) There's no guarantee there even is a spy in this game, or that any non-mafia-mafia know who the actually-a-mafia-mafia are.

So the roles we're ??? on are Spy, Martyr/Terrorist, Veteran/Bouncer, and Ninja. #mafia crowd?

(Maybe Ninja could, like, get a point whenever they ninja someone in the thread, and win once they get a certain number of points?)

Well no, it was that but called Paranoid Gun Owner or Retired Marine. Same strategy

The safest thing to do would be to Abstain, then, unless anyone has any objections? I don't think we really have very much to go on.

I don't remember the signup thread saying anything about a limit on abstains; is there one, Adriane? Either way I'll abstain too because, yeah, no info.

I don't remember the signup thread saying anything about a limit on abstains; is there one, Adriane? Either way I'll abstain too because, yeah, no info.

Sorry, I guess I didn't outline all my rules as well as I probably should've, I forget abstain limits are a thing. But no, I have no limits. And I guess that's a cue to say "good-night" and "night actions, please".

48 hours for night actions.

Re: #mafia [Night 1]

(sorry for the delay. Moving tends to delay things.)

It is morning in Mafiatown. As Zero Moment sips coffee, his eyes glaze over the obituary of a certain Wargle. ... the entire body of which merely said "Wargle: She was innocent."

Wargle is dead. She was innocent.
One player did not submit a night action.
48-72 hours for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom