• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015 [ENDS SATURDAY 21st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2015

Nira:

Actions: 6/8
Candy Cornn: 1

sdilbMt.png

The small Library is full of people - you have to push your way past a few trainers just to get inside. Twilight Princess simply floats over them without a care in the world.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
Let's see if you can't use psychic to pick up a few of these bookshelves and shake 'em around for candy cornns, Princess.

Murkrow:

Actions: 8/8
Candy Cornn: 0
m2a9VI6.png

You enter the Chateau after a long wait in line, finally stopping in the centre of the room with Victor scuttling at your feet. You aren't sure if the Chateau was this damaged from its abandonment, or if this is the work of other Asber trainers.
There's a shout from the Dining Hall - something about threatening the furniture? Probably the Asber trainers, then.
From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

If I know my statues of probably Rhydon, there's a probably a secret switch or a way to somehow surf inside it. Let's examine it, and have Victor scuttle about on it and behind it.

Metallica Fanboy:

Actions: 7/8

LIT3ijg.png

You step into the Bedroom Hallway, where you are immediately greeted by the pungent odor of perfume and herbs. For some reason, the smell stings in your nostrils, makes your head pound - you glance around the room, searching for the source of the stench. Soon you spot a Sachet hanging from the collar of a trainer's Houndoom. So that's where it's coming from. You cough and cover your nose.

The trainer notices you staring and gives you a weird look before disappearing into one of the bedrooms. The smell lifts shortly thereafter, and you feel much better.

Your Fanpie seems to have been completely unaffected by the stench, despite its face being mostly a nose. How strange...

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
Travelogue Entry #73
Month X, Week O, Day X, Hour X

An enemy ambush! I had not met with the trouble anywhere in the frontroom, despite the sheer disarray, but! And but! I was attacked at the same time as I passed to the next room. A trap that is clever, yet very rustic, like a caveman, it waited in the corridor ahead. I believe I must have triggered some kind of wire of the tripping, but I saw no sign of it, and the situation, it wanted the action and not the analysis. After all, a great cloud of the purple color was descending onto me, smelling like the rump of the Skuntank who is using Flamethrower.

I might be accused of the embellishment, the saying I witnessed a purple cloud above me when gas is normally of none color and too fast at the spreading for me to have seen it so clearly. To these inevitable accusations, all I will say, is that some people are born with the senses of a detective, and some others, they are not.

The sharp reader will have surmised already, that as I still have the strength to write this travelogue, I must have weathered the attack. And so I did. I improvised a gas mask with my bare hands (indeed, my bare hands were acting as the gas mask) and performed a tactical retreat away from the radius of impact, and I waited for the venom to spread itself thin, like the delicious pasta that is being rolled flat by the pasta roller. Unfortunately, I could not shield my Pokémon aide, but, it somehow faced the poison without so much as a twinge of pain -- surely, no doubt rests about this Fanpie species's amazing constitution.

But, naturally, not even this cowardly attempt against my life could deter me. Au contraire, it only served to guide my sore- I mean, sharp detective nose towards the culprit. Following the obvious trail, I advanced to the second of the bedding rooms, vowing with tightened fists to unleash my sheer rehabilitation towards that Charon, one time and for all.

Faorzia:

Actions: 5/8
Candy Cornn: 2

m2a9VI6.png

Tavvy flaps his wings and stirs up a cold breeze laced with spectral energy. The wind blows through the hall, jangling the Chandelure and blowing dust and cobwebs around the room.

You hear a fluttering sound above you. You look up and see... a flying book! It's flapping its pages like wings, but the Ominous Wind seems to be causing it some trouble. It loses its balance and falls to the floor, landing right next to you.

"Ugh," the book groans. "First I get chased out of the Library, and now this..."

You pick up the book - it's slimy to the touch, for some reason - and flip it open.
A1qQvOZ.png

Inside, you find a single piece of Candy Cornn. You grab it, then let the book go. It flies away shakily and leaves through the main door.

From here you can go north to the Dining Hall, or go upstairs and go west to the Storage Room, north to the Bedroom Hallway or east to the Library. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

To the... Storage Room!

JackPK:

Actions: 2/8
Candy Cornn: 4

LIT3ijg.png

Bun Two closes her eyes and concentrates, attuning her senses to the spirit world. When she opens them again, a dull red light emanates from her eyes, washing over the room and reflecting off the walls. At first, nothing seems different, much to your disappointment. But then you hear a nasal voice calling out behind you.

"Hey, I'm walkin' here! I'm walkin' here!"

You turn around and see the face of a Duskull sticking out of the wall. He seems to have materialized while he was halfway phased through it, and is now stuck.

"Up yours, you son of a - "

You notice that the Duskull is holding some Candy Cornn. You and Bun Two look at each other mischievously.
A1qQvOZ.png

You snatch the three pieces of Candy Cornn from him. He writhes and screams incoherently, but remains trapped. You briefly consider drawing a mustache on his face, but unfortunately you didn't bring a marker.

From here you can enter any one of the five Bedrooms, or return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

I do believe the third bedroom is the only one that hasn't been explored yet, so let's blaze a new trail and head in there!

Keldeo:

Actions: 3/8
Candy Cornn: 3

nImL84L.png

When you step into the Dining Hall, you see a fucking whale hovering above the table, threating to body slam it into pieces. VM is standing behind her, demanding that the ghosts bring him tribute. He's clearly been possessed by an evil spirit!

... but you don't really care. You and Pedri head over to the painting behind VM and study it carefully. You instantly recognize it as Un dimanche après-midi à l'Île de la Grande Jatte, a famous painting by a Kalosian artist. It depicts a crowd of people relaxing by the river on a sunny day. The artwork is so masterful that it almost feels like the little people in the painting are alive...

Kalosian art?! Unova is clearly the better region - black that painting out with a Night Daze at once!

I liek Scythers:

nImL84L.png

You and Mr. Turtle creep up to the dining table, and on the count of three, lift up the corner of the tablecloth. Sitting under the table is a Gengar, a Gourgeist, a Banette and a Misdreavus, all playing what appears to be a high-stakes game of poker. There's a pile of Candy Cornn in the centre, to give you an idea of how high the stakes. They all look at you silently as you interrupt their game, and pull the cards closer to their faces psychokinetically.
From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Use Yawn on all the ghosts so we can steal the Candy Cornn when they fall asleep!

Eta Carinae:
Let's see what's in bedroom #4, shall we?

Q212vEz.png

You enter the fourth bedroom with a bit of difficulty - the door was a little bit jammed, but with a bit of elbow grease you get through. The room looks like it's been ransacked already - the bed's been slept in, all of the furniture looks like it's been shifted, books are everywhere... and you're sure that painting is looking at you, but you just never see it doing it. HALp floats next to your shoulder.
"Hidden," it says thoughtfully.
From here, you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

-----

Totodile:
Man, how should I know these things? Well, there is one possible answer ... the cannibal is you, Fluttershy.

?

You've noticed your great complexion, right? Well, it's because I've been feeding you the remains of your predecessor this whole time. Surprise!

!!!!! D:

(hey, calm down, I'm just kidding. but froslass wasn't expecting that answer, so let's take her by surprise with a cold iron tail to the face! that's what she gets for asking dumb questions.)
Actions: 0/8
Candy Cornn: 12

I4ivO8C.png

"The answer is... Fluttershy!!!" you say triumphantly, winking at Fluttershy's incredulous look. The Froslass pauses, not sure if you're joking or not - you see all kinds of things when you're a ghost. She regains composure.
"Ohohoho, no... the answer is... Shea LaButter!"
You and Fluttershy cringe in unision at the incredibly lame pun. It's so bad that you want to hit somebody, very hard. You exchange glances with Fluttershy, who nods and sets her tail aglow with steel-type energy. Froslass giggles to herself, satisfied with her pun, when she suddenly gets socked in the jaw by Fluttershy. She staggers backwards, dropping eight pieces of Candy Cornn! You both scramble to pick them up before something bad happens.
A1qQvOZ.png

The Frosslass turns her pale eyes towards you as she spits out a tooth (icicle? who knows). The temperature in the room suddenly plummets, and you can feel frost forming in your eyebrows. Fluttershy leaps into your arms, terrified.
"That is the incorrect answer," says the Froslass, a blizzard forming in her sleeves.
"You lose!"

The last thing you remember is a column of frost heading towards you, but you don't remember the impact. You're sitting in the grass outside the Old Chateau, and Fluttershy is licking some ice off of your fingers.

Thanks for playing! In total you found 20 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

Happy Halloween!

-----

Vipera Magnifica:
If we have to go, let's go out with a bang. a fucking whale, can you please Heavy Slam your huge fucking whale body into the floor? If we're lucky we might knock something down from the rafters, or find treasure in the loose floor boards.
Actions: 0/8
Candy Cornn: 8

nImL84L.png

Not satisfied with the meager amount of Candy Cornn you got last time, you decided to make good on your threat. a fucking whale balloons in size, not quite reaching the ceiling. The dining table begins to splinter under the weight, and you nod. With a call that echoes throughout the building, a fucking whale leaps up, then lets herself fall with her entire weight. The dining table smashes beneath her, and so does the flooring underneath. You can see cards from the ghost's poker game go flying, as does the tablecloth, candlesticks, and pieces of timber. a fucking whale has made an enormous hole in the centre of the room, through which nothing but an eerie blackness can be seen. a fucking whale resumes her convenient pocket-sized self, and floats around with you as you scout the debris for Candy Cornn - you find three pieces, and you guess that'll probably have to do.
A1qQvOZ.png

You and a fucking whale peer into the enormous hole. It's dark, but you're not sure if that's because a fucking whale's catastrophe extinguished all the candles, or if it's supernaturally dark. There's definitely some kind of noise coming from the hole - some kind of weird feedback noise, almost like the static from a TV. It chills you to the bone, but you still want to stare into the void. You feel like it's calling to you...

The ghosts who you disturbed earlier ascend from the rubble around you, obviously kind of miffed that you ruined their game. The Gourgeist grabs you by one arm and the Gengar grabs you by the other, while the Banette holds onto a fucking whale, who struggles and tries to grow in size and defend herself. The Misdreavus float before your face and giggles, her eyes glowing vindictively. You try and cry out, but no noise comes out - only the weird, eerie sound from the void calls to you and fills up your ears.

You remember the ghosts pushing you in, and you remember falling... but you don't remember anything else...

Thanks for playing! In total you found 11 pieces of Candy Cornn. Hold onto those and wait until we announce prizes when the game finishes on Sunday.

-----
Wargle:
Hmm. Lumberjack time. Use Aerial Ace to cut the berries on those berry trees they planted in pots

m2a9VI6.png

You an Xero walk up to one of the potted plants - the one that actually is a plant, and not a Sudowoodo pretending to be a ghost pretending to be a plant. This one seems a bit aggressive, you suppose? Xero pokes it with his tail experimentally, and it lashes out with a branch. Yeesh. Time for some hedge trimming. Xero dashes forward with his wing, and slices a good chunk of the plant in two with a blade of Flying-type energy. The plant shrieks, and drops one piece of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

-----

Nira:
Let's see if you can't use psychic to pick up a few of these bookshelves and shake 'em around for candy cornns, Princess.

sdilbMt.png

Twilight Princess giggles mischeviously, and picks up a bookshelf, shaking it up and down. Books go everywhere, banging into other bookshelves, knocking over the bin, flying into the wall... you dodge one that flies past your head, but not before catching three pieces of Candy Cornn that fly out of it!
A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
-----

Murkrow:
If I know my statues of probably Rhydon, there's a probably a secret switch or a way to somehow surf inside it. Let's examine it, and have Victor scuttle about on it and behind it.

m2a9VI6.png

You and Victor walk up to the statue, who watches you tentatively. Victor scuttles around the base of the statue, listening for something... and finds it! Victor gets your attention, and tells you to put your ear to the base of the statue. You can hear running water! That's kinda weird...

-----

Metallica Fanboy:
Following the obvious trail, I advanced to the second of the bedding rooms, vowing with tightened fists to unleash my sheer rehabilitation towards that Charon, one time and for all.

1wvEkP4.png

You move swiftly to the second bedroom, darling Fanpie hot at your heels, into what seems to be ... a crime scene? The TV is smashed (but somehow, the static keeps running), and there's ... blood... everywhere. You look around the room for more clues (Fanpie, a hardened sleuth, sniffs about for a murder weapon), but nothing seems very obvious. You pause, rubbing your chin thoughtfully, when lightning flashes outside, illuminating the room briefly. You gaze around the room, puzzled, as it begins to rain outside.
-----

Faorzia:
To the... Storage Room!
Actions: 4/8

HXRsq5a.png

You and Tavvy stroll into the Storage Room, satisfied with your Candy collection so far. The Storage Room is kind of a mess - the bookshelf's knocked over, and books and boxes are strewn about. From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

JackPK:
I do believe the third bedroom is the only one that hasn't been explored yet, so let's blaze a new trail and head in there!
Actions: 1/8
Candy Cornn: 7

wWb1Xt7.png

You and Bun Two walk into the middle bedroom, which ... seems to be the only pristine room in the Chateau that hasn't been disturbed by the citizens of Asber. It's actually quite peaceful in here, and it seems like a child's bedroom. Two beds, two windows, two bookshelves... and only one trashcan, I guess. No need for two of those. The room piques your curiousity, but you and Bun Two feel a cold, ominous chill - your time in this room is limited.
From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Last edited:

Wargle:

m2a9VI6.png

You an Xero walk up to one of the potted plants - the one that actually is a plant, and not a Sudowoodo pretending to be a ghost pretending to be a plant. This one seems a bit aggressive, you suppose? Xero pokes it with his tail experimentally, and it lashes out with a branch. Yeesh. Time for some hedge trimming. Xero dashes forward with his wing, and slices a good chunk of the plant in two with a blade of Flying-type energy. The plant shrieks, and drops one piece of Candy Cornn.
A1qQvOZ.png

Go to the Storage Area

Ether's Bane:

m2a9VI6.png

People keep going in and out of the Library; you get the feeling you'd be better off searching somewhere less crowded. When you see Wargle leaving, you decide that it's time for you to leave too. You head back to the Entrance Hall.

Examine the painting in the top-left corner.

serpentjester:

JDZwDpB.png

You enter the fifth Bedroom. It's... empty. Save for the window and a broken clock hanging on the wall, there's not a single interesting object in the room. It's empty. Completely empty. Maybe even too empty...

From here, you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

broken clock, huh? broken clock...

okay, my dude, we gotta bust up that clock somehow. there's either something in it or behind it, so i want you to use hyper voice directly at the clock until it shatters and falls. it's already broken, and i have the appropriate earplugs.

Faorzia:

HXRsq5a.png

You and Tavvy stroll into the Storage Room, satisfied with your Candy collection so far. The Storage Room is kind of a mess - the bookshelf's knocked over, and books and boxes are strewn about. From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?
-----

How about a Whirlwind to see if we can uncover anything mysterious and candy cornnish?

Eta Carinae:

Q212vEz.png

You enter the fourth bedroom with a bit of difficulty - the door was a little bit jammed, but with a bit of elbow grease you get through. The room looks like it's been ransacked already - the bed's been slept in, all of the furniture looks like it's been shifted, books are everywhere... and you're sure that painting is looking at you, but you just never see it doing it. HALp floats next to your shoulder.
"Hidden," it says thoughtfully.

*Rolls die*

Okay, HALp, use a Bug-type Hidden Power on the ceiling. Trust me on this one.

Lord of the Fireflies:

Actions: 8/8

m2a9VI6.png

"Hey everybody!" you shout cheerfully as you and Marlboro barge into the Entrance Hall. "Am I late to the partay?" You strike a cool pose.

You hear desperate screaming coming from somewhere deeper in the mansion. Then you hear a loud crash, followed by silence.

You stop doing the pose.

Let's try and be a complete jerk with Knocking those paintings Off the wall.

Nira:

sdilbMt.png

Twilight Princess giggles mischeviously, and picks up a bookshelf, shaking it up and down. Books go everywhere, banging into other bookshelves, knocking over the bin, flying into the wall... you dodge one that flies past your head, but not before catching three pieces of Candy Cornn that fly out of it!
A1qQvOZ.png

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.
Hey, three! Not bad. Let's head back to the Entrance Hall, and if i may, into the Dining Hall from there.

Wargle:
Go to the Storage Area
Candy Cornn: 5

HXRsq5a.png

You enter the Storage Room, where Faorzia and her Starly are busy exploring the rubbish scattered about. Xero struggles to follow you through the door, but he manages to squeeze in. It's a real mess in there, and it's about to get worse...

-----

Ether's Bane:
Examine the painting in the top-left corner.

m2a9VI6.png

Sensing treasure, you walk up to the leftmost painting on the wall and examine it closely. It depicts a haunted castle on a gloomy hill - kitsch through and through. There's nothing particularly remarkable about it, but you try to think outside the box...

... outside the box! Of course - the frame!

You brush the dust from the painting's frame and trace a finger over it. Strange, curly symbols adorn the wood, and while you don't recognize any of them, you suspect they're not merely ornamental...

You snap out of your thoughts when you notice someone sneaking up next to you.

"Hey there!" says Lord of the Fireflies. He slaps you on the back. "Say, what is this painting you're looking at!"

"Well," you begin, "I've noticed some - "

"Aha! Treasure!" he interrupts. "Marlboro, fetch!"

Before you can say anything, his Cottonee charges headfirst into the wall and dislodges the painting - it crashes onto the floor and the wooden frame splits open. To your surprise, a small piece of Candy Cornn rolls out!

... but Lord of the Fireflies grabs it.

"Hey," you object, "I was the one who found the - "

"You did a great job!" He grins at you and places the Candy Cornn in his pocket, then gives you another slap on the back. "Thanks, buddy!"

Wow, what a complete jerk.

As he walks away, you turn your attention back to the broken painting. Surely it can't have been that simple? No, there's more to it than that, you're certain of it...

-----

serpentjester:
broken clock, huh? broken clock...

okay, my dude, we gotta bust up that clock somehow. there's either something in it or behind it, so i want you to use hyper voice directly at the clock until it shatters and falls. it's already broken, and i have the appropriate earplugs.

JDZwDpB.png

Seaborne takes a deep breath and prepares to unleash his Hyper Voice.

"Wait for it," you say. Very slowly, you insert your earplugs and adjust them until you're comfortable. "Okay, go!"

Seaborne screams as loud as he can, an ear-piercing screech that rings throughout the entire Chateau. The window shatters, and the broken clock falls to the floor with a clang. You look at it expectantly... but nothing happens. No hidden treasure, no secret switch. Nothing.

How disappointing. With a sigh, you remove the earplugs.

And then you hear it - groaning voices, all around you!

"Fucking hell," says a disembodied voice. "What was that for?"

"What?" says another. "I can't hear you! I can't hear anything!"

You squint, and notice a barely visible shimmer in the air next to you, the telltale sign of invisible Pokémon. Sure enough, they gradually fade into view: three Gengar, clutching their ears and grimacing with pain. They're holding some Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

You swipe the four pieces of Candy Cornn from them.

"Show some mercy, you bastard..." the first ghost says weakly, still writhing in pain.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Faorzia:
How about a Whirlwind to see if we can uncover anything mysterious and candy cornnish?

HXRsq5a.png

Tavvy flaps his wings as fast as he can, stirring up a strong gust. Soon the whirlwind is powerful enough to pick up the cardboard boxes and the loose junk; it all gets tossed about the room chaotically.

Eventually, Tavvy grows tired, and lets the whirlwind die out. When the dust settles, the room looks... just as messy as before, really. But you spot a couple pieces of Candy Cornn now lying on the floor, apparently shaken out of some hiding spot.
A1qQvOZ.png

You collect the two pieces of Candy Cornn.

-----

Eta Carinae:
*Rolls die*

Okay, HALp, use a Bug-type Hidden Power on the ceiling. Trust me on this one.

Q212vEz.png

HALp forms a ball of glimmering green energy and fires it at the ceiling. It strikes right through the old wood, leaving a small, dark hole. To your mild surprise, some Candy Cornn falls down.
A1qQvOZ.png

You absentmindedly collect the four pieces of Candy Cornn. This stuff seems to be all over the place. Weird.

Something flashes above you. You look up, startled, but there's nothing there - just the hole in the ceiling. There are scraping noises coming from it, as if something's crawling around up there. You get the feeling you'd rather not find out what it is.

From here you can return to the Bedroom Hallway. You feel like there probably isn't anything else for you to find in this room, but maybe someone else will find something.

-----

Lord of the Fireflies:
Let's try and be a complete jerk with Knocking those paintings Off the wall.

m2a9VI6.png

You climb up the stairs and notice Ether's Bane examining one of the paintings on the wall. You grin and sidle up next to him.

"Hey there!" You slap him on the back; he winces awkwardly. "Say, what is this painting you're looking at!"

"Well," he says, "I've noticed some - "

"Aha! Treasure!" You snap your fingers. "Marlboro, fetch!"

Marlboro squeals with delight and rams his whole body into the painting. It wobbles for a second, then falls to the floor with a thud. The wooden frame cracks and something falls out of it!
A1qQvOZ.png

You pick up the single piece of Candy Cornn and put it in your pocket.

"Hey, I was the one who found the..." Ether's Bane mumbles.

"You did a great job! Thanks, buddy!" You pat him on the back again, then walk away, satisfied with your find.

-----

Nira:
Hey, three! Not bad. Let's head back to the Entrance Hall, and if i may, into the Dining Hall from there.

nImL84L.png

You hurry down the stairs and into the Dining Hall. The room is utterly ruined. The grand dining table has been smashed into pieces, and where it once would have stood is now a gaping hole in the floor. The glass cabinet has been wrecked, and what appear to be thick sheets of ice are extending from the Kitchen.

From here you can return to the Entrance Hall, or go west to the Kitchen. Or maybe you'd like to examine an object, or ask your Pokémon to use a move?

Wargle:

HXRsq5a.png

You enter the Storage Room, where Faorzia and her Starly are busy exploring the rubbish scattered about. Xero struggles to follow you through the door, but he manages to squeeze in. It's a real mess in there, and it's about to get worse...

No it isn't! The best way to find things you lose in a messy room is to clean it up. Let's use Agility and tidy this room up and see what we find

Wargle:
No it isn't! The best way to find things you lose in a messy room is to clean it up. Let's use Agility and tidy this room up and see what we find

HXRsq5a.png

"Hey..." you say, standing tall to survey the Storage Room. "Who made this big mess?!"

Xero and Faorzia look at Tavvy. Tavvy looks at you sheepishly for a moment. Then he goes back to pecking at the remains of a destroyed cardboard box.

You shrug and turn to your Pokémon. "Guess it's time for the Ten-Second Tidy!"

Xero nods at you and attempts to swoop at top speed around the room. It might have been more successful if he was able to spread his wings. All he manages to do is knock one cardboard box aside before plummeting awkwardly to the ground...

At least beneath it you find two pieces of Candy Cornn!

A1qQvOZ.png

JackPK:

Candy Cornn: 7

wWb1Xt7.png

You and Bun Two walk into the middle bedroom, which ... seems to be the only pristine room in the Chateau that hasn't been disturbed by the citizens of Asber. It's actually quite peaceful in here, and it seems like a child's bedroom. Two beds, two windows, two bookshelves... and only one trashcan, I guess. No need for two of those. The room piques your curiousity, but you and Bun Two feel a cold, ominous chill - your time in this room is limited.

Okay, Bun Two, I'm gonna hide behind one of the bookshelves. You lay down in the bed, pretend you're asleep, and use Fake Tears to pretend you're having a nightmare. Then, when something spooky shows up, I'll ambush it and pickpocket all the candy out of its pockets!

serpentjester:

JDZwDpB.png

Seaborne takes a deep breath and prepares to unleash his Hyper Voice.

"Wait for it," you say. Very slowly, you insert your earplugs and adjust them until you're comfortable. "Okay, go!"

Seaborne screams as loud as he can, an ear-piercing screech that rings throughout the entire Chateau. The window shatters, and the broken clock falls to the floor with a clang. You look at it expectantly... but nothing happens. No hidden treasure, no secret switch. Nothing.

How disappointing. With a sigh, you remove the earplugs.

And then you hear it - groaning voices, all around you!

"Fucking hell," says a disembodied voice. "What was that for?"

"What?" says another. "I can't hear you! I can't hear anything!"

You squint, and notice a barely visible shimmer in the air next to you, the telltale sign of invisible Pokémon. Sure enough, they gradually fade into view: three Gengar, clutching their ears and grimacing with pain. They're holding some Candy Cornn!
A1qQvOZ.png

You swipe the four pieces of Candy Cornn from them.

"Show some mercy, you bastard..." the first ghost says weakly, still writhing in pain.

okay pal, go back to that bedroom hallway and enter the fourth room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom