• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Post your memories.

Do you have any memories? Post them here!
I remember finding a Pidgey gene (as my hospital said) when I was 1. I could hover for a second! Too bad no-one knew.
Yes, it's true.
But now, it's gone. I have Alakazam genes now. (aka. I can bend spoons by focusing my mind)
Post your memories!
I can see octarine.

Do you have any memories? Post them here!
I remember finding a Pidgey gene (as my hospital said) when I was 1. I could hover for a second! Too bad no-one knew.
Yes, it's true.
But now, it's gone. I have Alakazam genes now. (aka. I can bend spoons by focusing my mind)
Post your memories!

Yeah to bad no one knew...that it wasn't true. And as said before you have NO proof at all, a video might do. You COULD NOT HOVER OR BEND SPOONS WITH YOUR MIND. I know he's ten but when I was ten I was more honest. *sigh*

OK, My memories. I can't remember too much from when I was little but around the age of 10-11 I found TCOD for the first time. It was the best pokemon site I had ever been on. I couldn't be bothered to Favoriet because I was too busy looking around. I clicked on Art Thieves Click Here and guess what, I thought it didn't end and I had to close the browser. I didn't know the address and I got there after clicking like 5 site's affilates to get there. I got to TCOD again after like 1/2 a year :D D:

But it's not infinite. It has an edge (As far as we know) but it's always growing. And somehow I doubt there'd be a race (or races) of creatures identical to monsters created in our fiction.

Also, how would Terry have got the 'gene' of a creature that no doubt would live light years away, when genes are passed down from parents?

There is the many-worlds interpretation but that deals with universes and it's not like I want to back up anyone's ideas.

Aw, cut him some slack. When I was ten I worked out elaborate theories about Harry Potter being real and J. K. Rowling actually being a witch who passed it off as fiction.
But yeah, this is a bit worse.

Yes it is worse. Theories are one thing (Hell I did those kinds of theories when I was 10), but they're just theories you make up for the hell of it. But honestly, Pokemon genes? I'm not trying to be incredibly mean towards Terry here, but that's something that someone would probably stop believing by at least the age of 7 or 8.

When I was 10 or so I was drawing pictures of made-up Digimon and slashing them through toy Digivices in hopes they'd come to life a la Tamers, so it's not that bad. Or maybe I was just a weird kid too. Who knows.

Actually, I don't think I really believed my Digimon would come to life, but maybe Terry doesn't really think Pokemon genes are real either. It's not a particularly good idea to go about broadcasting one's silly theories in this manner though. :[

I have some pretty awesome memories of sixth grade. I was stupid as hell, but it was the first time I had friends and we sure did have fun. :'D

whoah Terry T! I thought I was the only one with pokemon genes, but I guess you have them too. The only pokemon genes I have now are Cyndaquil genes. They enable me to shoot fire out of my ass.

First memory=Getting my diaper changed.

Not very interesting since I was (and still am) female so I couldn't pee on the ceiling D:

My second earliest memory involves me doing somursaults upstairs and accidentally turning in mid-somersault (actually I thought it would be an interesting experience) and somersaulting all the way down the stairs involuntarily. Then I reached the bottom and all my body landed on the carpet except my head, which hit the kitchen floor. Then my parents freaked out because they thought I had killed myself. I did consider suicide when I was 3, you know.
Oh yeah, and I remember waving to my uncle halfway down :D

My first memory (or the earliest one I can recall) was when I was like, 3 or something. I was at a swimming pool during the summer surrounded by apartments and I was on one of the steps with one of those small plastic chairs that little kids sit on.

I also remember when me and my dad first shot off a model rocket in a park. It got stuck in a tree and we couldn't get it out. But we continued our model rocket thing and we occasionally still do it.

I remember when I was afraid of this Terminator 2 pinball machine at a laundromat when I was little. Seriously! It would flash and make a thunder sound! But I'm not afraid of it anymore.

I remember when I was in 5th grade music class and I was the only one with a pink recorder. Mine of course, was the only one that broke in half a couple days before the Christmas concert and had to be repaired with tape and glue. But it worked!

I remember when I used to draw constantly in 6th grade math class. This turned out to be good and bad. The bad part, I didn't pay attention and now I'm not as far in math as everyone else. But the good part is that it helped me realize my dream to become a video game designer. I eventually found out about RPG maker and I made a game based off of my notebook full of drawings and called it Mimi's Mountain.

I remember when I used to go up into the mountains with my family to go inner tubing in the winter. So much snow!

I could go on and on with this stuff but I'll just cut it off here and post again later.

My first memory was sneaking around on Christmas Eve to prove to my cousin that there was no Santa... I was 2 and a half, I think. 'Santa' was our parents, ofcourse. You know, it wasn't very nice of me to crush his little dreams. D:

wtf Terry

oldest memory is from the age of 3 or so, mom complaining about the dog eating crayons and then parents arguing over who the hell knows :|

Who said they were supposed to be oldest? but anyway, I was 3. Err, so I went to the dark, but nice depths of the breeder's house and got our dog, Shadow. Yay.

The Great Depression.

Literally. I was soooo depressed from then... and then, 63 days later (what in the world, how did the 63 thing happen?) WHAM! It was over. I was... *takes deep breath*

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery hyper. If you've known me for a while, you've probably heard this before.

I can still conjure up the emotions that happened at the beginning and the end, surprisingly. I don't think I'll ever forget...

Or forgive myself D:

But yeah, that's my favorite. It's when I learned two things:

1. Don't dislike something if you don't have a good reason (for example, just because it's annoying and repetitive)

2. I can use EMOTION as strength!

I actually cried at the beginning. It felt a bit immature to be crying about someone fictional, but still, yeah.

I also remember the first time my sister dreamed about the future in a vague way, as if StarClan (from Warriors) had sent her the dream.

Ironically, it was on the 27th of December... o_O No coincidence, I don't think.

I still believe in StarClan. :)

Oldest memory? Probably when our fish ate all the other fish we had and died when I was about 3 or so.

oldest memory: eating fish and chips with my parents at a kindergarten play-night thing when I was 4

Cracking my head open, but yeah I was kinda unconcious...

and terry??? erm.. am I supposed to take this seriously

I remember being in the car with my mom and telling her that my neck hurt. I was two, and it turned out to be bacterial Meningitis. I also remember going for walks around the hospital with an IV a week after that (I had spent a week in a coma.), and the bad smell of the cafeteria there. :D Fun times.

My oldest memory?

Hm...
My best friend. We've known each other for nearly the entirety of our lives. Literally our lives minus the three weeks gap one of us wasn't born in.

I checked on Wikipedia, and found a match.
And I remember before I was born. It was a world of blackness. Moving forward, forward... until things went red.
1 year later (late birth):
I was too big for my mum. I was ready to be born. First thing I heard... SLASH! My mum was nummed and her belly cut open (to save my life). 2 days later, I woke and entered a room. It was big, and there was humming everywhere (o_O)
I was blindened a day later after a big accident. I can only see through one eye.
4 years later (2 months into school):
Time for lunch. But what was in there? An expanded hall? WTF?
Okay, and there was a food fight.
That's as early as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom