• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

opal's Mysterious Game of Mafia

But it seems the only trick we have left is whether we've been activated or not. ... But then, the only people who would know are the aliens themselves and the mafia, so would there really be harm in letting the others know...? I guess so, yeah, because then no one would lynch them so they could never win.

But if we keep abstaining in fear of an alien win, the mafia will keep killing us all!

But if we choose to lynch, we could have an alien win!

But what are our other options? Hope there's still more than one mafia faction and they kill themselves again? Or that doctors exist and they got lucky last night? (Somehow I doubt that; somehow I just don't see newt as being that attractive to doctors as to garner two on the same night.)

But mafia can just say they're activated alien to avoid the lynch...

Okay! So here's one plan. Mafia, kill anyone that claims to be activated alien. That means Mawile tonight. After all, we know you don't want alien win either, right? Then, if they don't die, we can lynch them the next day because they're probably actually mafia!

... Unless they say they're activated and are lying so that's what we /think/ will happen and then they get activated and then we kill them and then we win.

GOD. IDK.

UGH

OPAL

UGH

Well, Midnight. You've proven that there's nothing to risk by revealing when you had been activated, so why not actually reveal when you were activated?

Well, Midnight. You've proven that there's nothing to risk by revealing when you had been activated, so why not actually reveal when you were activated?

... I never said I was activated.

Interesting. Why would you think that?

Guys, I'm leaving it up to you. We don't have much time; do I risk voting for him? How suspicious do you think he is, and in what way? He said "when they'd be activated" rather than something like "when they are activated", perhaps betraying that he's alien and he already is? Or is the first instinct correct that he's mafia?

Hmhmmmmm.

ALSO since we can't edit posts when I said "and then they get activated and then we kill them and then we win." clearly I meant "and then they win". I was rushed, in between classes. |D;

Well, revealing whether or not you're activated is kind of a moot point, isn't it? For all we know you could be A) mafia claiming active to not be lynched, B) an active alien attempting to take advantage of A, or C) claim to be inactive in order to avoid being targeted by multiple mafia at once. If I'm correct in suspecting there to be more than one mafia faction, it's proooobably not a good idea to claim active when you aren't, as both might target you on the same night.

Also, in response to noot's question: don't do it. Mirrormen kinda shows just how clever of an alien Kammington can be (or maybe just how dumb the players were in that game, or how lucky he can be, I dunno), and he smells somewhat of active to me.

So then what do we do!! The lynching area is a minefield. We have three possible results: either we hit an innocent/unactivated alien, we hit a mafia member, or we hit an activated alien. The chances of the second are too low and the chances of the third too high to risk anything, wouldn't you say? If we don't do anything, /maybe/ we'll get lucky with another mafia kill again, but how doubtful is that? On the other hand, the mafia might hit an activated alien. And we couldn't tell the difference 'cause opal said earlier he's only revealing mafia/not mafia and activated alien shows as not mafia.

You know what though, is that this setup is pretty darn ingenious. We're all aliens, traditionally known as the "singletons" of the mafia game, meant to do nothing but exploit the others' paranoia for our own ends. (Butterfree pulled that off pretty darn well recently.) But now the tables have turned, and the role meant to pit one person against everyone else has now transformed into a handful of stragglers unable to make a move, ratcheting up their fear, forcing them to choose between firing a wild shot that just might have the strength of a thermonuclear bomb or remaining paralyzed and simply waiting for their doom...

If you consider it from an in-game angle, anyway. Verrrry sharp, opalkun. Sharp indeed.

(... so what do we do!!)

HELLO GUYS.

I have moved in now I have regular internet. Please proceed! I am extending the deadline by a further 24 hours because dammit, something is going to happen this time.

Just posting to say that, once people figured out what's up with this game, it became a stalemate, pure and simple. Nobody's going to vote for fear of hitting an active alien.

Hmm. Good point. Rule change: aliens all win as a group if the mafia are eliminated.

...doesn't make any difference. opal, making sure an alien doesn't win is more important than making sure the mafia doesn't.

posting for noot because she is currently unable:

Why me? MidnightSaboteur

[22:05] <MidnightDS> "Well, why not you? You weren't exactly talking or contributing. I chose you because of that, because either you're mafia, wanting to stay out of the spotlight; or you're innocent/alien, in which case you probably wouldn't be activated because the mafia would overlook you in favor of other, more well-known targets.
[22:05] <MidnightDS> "Your reaction follows suit that this is probably a good plan, because were you activated alien, considering we're so close to the deadline, you would just shush up and wait till opal finalized our demise. Offering someone else in defense tells me you either haven't been paying attention to our discussion or you just want a possible scapegoat, sort of a 'pokedoll' effect to distract votes away from yourself - the only reason behind which would be that you are mafia."
[22:05] <MidnightDS> "Of course, should you turn out to be innocent/unactivated alien, that would be a shame, considering we're losing more of those as time goes on. But the great opal in the sky has commanded it, and thus, we require sacrifice. Make your defenses, should you have any."
[22:06] <MidnightDS> "(and I know there's no proof that this is really me, but would it really make any difference if it were walker saying it?)"

IIIIIII have to agree with her here. dragonair

Last edited:
I vouch for the above! As if anyone had any doubts.

Now come on, opal, decide our fates.

Blame Midnight for lack of flavour text.

dragonair is dead. She was not mafia. You have 48 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom