• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

Well, I'm hyped as fuck. Definitely sticking with Moon. I can't decide on which starter to get, though! Litten has the best name and is also a cat, Rowlet is adorable, and I get the feeling that Popplio is going to have great evolutions.

And the region! Aloha looks amazing. (It's actually called Aloha.) I also like the jungle-y vibe of the music!

By the way, the kukui is the state tree of Hawaii. Looks like this Kukui dude is our new professor! He's like a cross between Birch and Brawley. I love him already.

Well, I'm hyped as fuck. Definitely sticking with Moon. I can't decide on which starter to get, though! Litten has the best name and is also a cat, Rowlet is adorable, and I get the feeling that Popplio is going to have great evolutions.

And the region! Aloha looks amazing. (It's actually called Aloha.) I also like the jungle-y vibe of the music!

By the way, the kukui is the state tree of Hawaii. Looks like this Kukui dude is our new professor! He's like a cross between Birch and Brawley. I love him already.

Nope, it's Alola.

Also, I like the starters, but I can't pick a favorite.

Everything is so wonderful and awesome-looking and I really don't want to pick a starter yet because I don't want to be disappointed and jump ship when their evolutions leak/are released, but omg little owl with razor-leaf feathers, that is the cutest thing ever

Nope, it's Alola.

more like aLOLa, amirite

Not my favorite starters or box legendaries by any means, but they're okay I guess. I'm 100% there for Hawaiian region, though.

I was wondering whether they might do a secondary type triangle with the final starter evolutions as they did for Kalos. Assuming Rowlet's evos stay flying, Popplio's final could be water/ice (or rock) and Litten's final could be fire/fi--oh dear.

I was wondering whether they might do a secondary type triangle with the final starter evolutions as they did for Kalos. Assuming Rowlet's evos stay flying, Popplio's final could be water/ice (or rock) and Litten's final could be fire/fi--oh dear.

tumblr_o6ypgiyxl31rhwcn3o1_500.png

tumblr_o6ypgiyxl31rhwcn3o2_500.png

(credit: ponpekopon on tumblr)

As someone who doesn't particularly care what the final typings work out to be one way or the other, I would laugh for days.

Here's hoping for the Fire/Poison type I've wanted for so long...

The official site mentions Litten's gross oily fur and furballs, which could maybe perhaps point towards a possible poison evolution instead of the fire/dark most people are predicting.

I'm most likely gonna use it regardless of typing because, well, pissed off fire cat. The other two starters are super cute as well and I can't wait to see what they all evolve into! *u*

Also, now that we get our first look at our version legendaries, I have to speculate on what their types will be! Solgaleo is almost certainly at least Fire-type, but I hope it's neither pure Fire nor Fire/Normal, which would veer a bit too closely IMO to Entei and Pyroar, respectively. I'm really not sure what else it could be. My best out-of-left-field prediction, given how bulky and muscular it seems, is that it's another quadrupedal Fighting-type like the Swords of Justice (and I will absolutely laugh my head off if we avoid a Fire/Fighting starter but instead get a Fire/Fighting box legendary).

Lunaala, on the other hand, is the really interesting one to me! The moon so far has had a very strong relation to the Fairy type (Clefairy, Moonblast, etc.) and I'm super excited for it to probably set a trend along with Xerneas of Fairy-type legendaries that are otherworldly and fey-like rather than just cutesy like Diancie. As for a potential secondary type, Flying is the obvious first thought but I have to wonder if it might go for something slightly more left-field like Dragon. And now that I think of it, Fairy/Dragon is a combination that I'm very excited to see concepts for — legendary or not, canon or not.

EDIT: While I'm speculating about types, I thought of this and might as well add:

Idk, it's also entirely plausible that they'd pull a Kalos and have both triangles pointing the same way, so Litten would end up Fire/Rock and Popplio as the Water/Fighting-type that Samurott completely missed out on being.

Last edited:
Rowlett with the awful defensive typing, though I've personally been hype to see a grass-flying starter for way too long. I think I've already made my choice there.

That secondary video was really sweet, too.

I'm probably going to go with the fire starter because 1) I always do 2) I like fire cats and fire dogs, they're always up there among the cutest of the cute.
The first stage doesn't look too cute but I have hope for its evolutions.
They all look quite cute, but they look off from not being used to them yet. The water one is super cute, I hope its evolutions continue being so as well.

The reveal of the Moon legendary seemed to have framerate issues, or maybe I'm imagining that.

Also the Japanese trailer was missing the scene where the kid couldn't play his new Pokémon game because the 3DS is region locked so he had to buy a new console as well. (Yes I'm still bitter about that, Nintendo. I never won't be)

I made a fake region like five years ago, and I had a grass/flying starter. I'll be absolutely floored if Litten turns out to be Fire/Poison (the final stage of my grass starter).

I'm torn between Rowlet and Popplio. They're both so cute!

The starters look pretty cool/cute. Rowlet is ADORABLE, and the Grass/Flying type was a pretty great idea. I've heard that it can now also learn a new move called Leafage, which intrigues me. Litten seems pretty cool, but I'm getting a witch's cat vibe from it. Add in the fact that it is mostly black and has an expression like she doesn't care, and I think we might be looking at Fire/Dark typing for its evolutions. And Popplio is AMAZING. Any direction they take him will be a great one. The circus seal design really appeals to me.

As for Solagleo and Lunaala, they seem pretty cool, but they seem like bosses from Final Fantasy or Bravely Default, not Pokemon. However, I am interested to see what direction these guys end up going.

And as for the region, I think they could've picked the UK or Australia. Hawaii came out of nowhere...
/vp/'s been making a pretty good argument about the game being set in Hawaii, which I'm completely on board with (I'm sort of infamous for my Hawaiian shirts and I exclusively wear boat shoes). I couldn't follow the general chaos too well but here:

1456534608372.jpg
Well, maybe not.

oooooohmygod ohmygod ohmyGOD

I am SOOOOO HYPED for these games, I haven't played Gen VI yet but I'm buying a 3ds for Sun. Hawaiian is my brand. I live in Wisconsin but I wear flip-flops until it snows. I won't live anywhere I can't hang a hammock outside of. And I am all. ABOUT. HAWAIIAN SHIRTS. I wear Hawaiian shirts at every opportunity, I asked for Hawaiian shirts for Christmas, my mom sends me Hawaiian shirts in care packages, the meme around the theater department is that I am ready to go to the Bahamas at a moment's notice. I can't not get these games. I'm getting Sun based on my general attitude and thematic preference, I couldn't give too much of a shit about legendary designs as long as the lore makes sense (though I am wondering if their skin is actually skin, it seems to have some sort of cosmic-void feeling to me)

The starters though holy crap I can't decide at alllllllllllllllll I liked Litten the least at first but it wasn't by much at all, it's just the eyes that bother me. It's definitely grown on me though, I love the oil-based fire and the shedding in a burst of flames. Plus its face is the Leviathan Cross! The other designs are just adorable, I love how Rowlett moves its head in the trailer and how it's so smiley and eager and it already has a new attack?? neat, Popplio has the hardest name for me to remember and I can't wait to see what details are added to its evolutions. I love the attitude and the bubble tricks, but I hope it doesn't become some cartoony clown seal and sacrifice any remote look of actual power

wooooow i'm so happy

I thought Leafage was just supposed to be a generic 40-BP Grass move so that the Grass starter isn't stuck with Absorb while the others get Ember and Water Gun.

Also, uh, does the name just mean something obvious that I'm missing? As far as I can think of they don't actually tend to invent words for move names...

Also, uh, does the name just mean something obvious that I'm missing? As far as I can think of they don't actually tend to invent words for move names...

I was wondering, too. The first thing that shows up in a Google search is a restaurant in New York, but then apparently it also means "foliage."

Pokémon, teaching us new words!

Back
Top Bottom