• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Introducing a friend to Pokemon...

IcySapphire

A friend of mine has become interested in anime, and I figured showing her an episode of Pokemon would be a good place to start. The problem is, I'm not sure which episode to show.

I do have a short list of episodes:

--The Problem with Paras (one of the first episodes I watched)
--The Battling Eevee Bros. (my first episode)
--Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon (one of the memorable Kanto episodes)
--Dig those Diglett (another classic episode)
--Good Quil Hunting (since it features Cyndaquil, who I am going to start with on HG/SS)
--The Totodile Duel (another favorite episode of mine)

Should I pick one of those, or another episode not on my list?

The beginning is never a bad place to start, though it didn't evolve any battling besides the elite four guys, which is pretty much a major part of the entire series.

I am planning on explaining the first episode's plot when I explain who Ash is. I'd like an episode with all the main characters in it that isn't a gym battle/contest

I rather liked the School of Hard Knocks episode, partly because it was the first one I watched.

Or you could go with the one in Kanto that has something about Mt. Moon.

I'd say either the school of hard knocks episode, or if you really want to give your friend a good taster, I recommend the SS Anne wreck episodes.

Eh, in my opinion the Pokemon anime is not the best thing to get someone into anime as a whole, but that's your choice.

I'm wondering how anyone could have gotten through this past ten years without knowing a thing about Pokemon, but anyway, I'd start with the first two episodes and then go to some episodes of your choice.

Better idea: pretend the anime never existed and give her a copy of HGSS instead!

...seriously, though, I'd go with the Blaine episodes. They were great.

Eh, in my opinion the Pokemon anime is not the best thing to get someone into anime as a whole, but that's your choice.

I'm wondering how anyone could have gotten through this past ten years without knowing a thing about Pokemon, but anyway, I'd start with the first two episodes and then go to some episodes of your choice.

This.

Back
Top Bottom