• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Silver Islands... back yet again for hopefully the last time

Silverwing

http://www.silver-islands.com/

Hi guys.

Well, I feel like such a goober for simply posting here on whatever occasion that I need to advertise my website, but I feel like a lot of people don't know about it and it could potentially be a useful resource for you!

So basically I'm not really expecting people to remember but my site started out way back in 2006 as Lugia's Island. It was pretty popular for a while but I never really managed to muster up enough dedication to consistently update it for more than a few years. I closed the site down in 2009 and I revived it again in the summer of 2011, hit another one of my long absence periods (the only time with good reasons though), and started working on it and updating it in honest in January of 2012.

Aside from my popular deviantART account that funnels a lot of traffic to the website, I can't seem to get a lot of visitors from the actual core Pokemon community itself... so here I am bringing my site to your guys's attention!

Some specific places that I would like to draw your attention are the forums (which really need activity... I have brownies available if you join and are active) and the new art tutorial that I spent way too much time on.

Please visit and leave feedback if you feel like it!

Last edited:
Good to see the site back again. The new layout is gorgeous. But wow, it's really been ~3 years since it shut down? Tempus fugit. O_o

Just one thing: on the pokémon design changes/inconsistencies page, no mention of jynx? That's probably the most well-known alteration of all.

Good to see the site back again. The new layout is gorgeous. But wow, it's really been ~3 years since it shut down? Tempus fugit. O_o

Just one thing: on the pokémon design changes/inconsistencies page, no mention of jynx? That's probably the most well-known alteration of all.

Oh wow thanks for pointing out that glaring error! D: I'll add Jynx onto the list of 3 or so other Pokemon that I have in mind that have yet to be added.

And woohoo you still remember LI. And yeah time really screws with your mind because it passes by so damn fast. >_>

Link to the forum is bad?

EDIT: In your post, it's ok on the site.

Woops, it was because I forgot the beginning quotation marks. Fixed now. Thanks for joining and for pointing out that error.

Cute little site. If I wasn't happy here, I'd join your forums. But, about the section about Arbok in the Pokemon Design Changes/Inconsistencies...It specifically states in the Pokedex entries on most Arbox cards that the design changes, depending on the area the Arbok grew up in (or that's the gist of it, anyway).

The number of active (and worthwhile) websites in the fandom has really taken a hit lately, so I'm glad to see The Silver Islands back. Keep up the good work!

Hey guys, well I'm just here to say that the forums have been really active. I just banned a few people and made some changes so now all the forums need is some new, good quality members. If you're wondering about where the hell all the site updates went, it's because I haven't done anything with the site because all my time has gone into the forums because they're sort of addicting.

To address some (super old) comments:

Cute little site. If I wasn't happy here, I'd join your forums. But, about the section about Arbok in the Pokemon Design Changes/Inconsistencies...It specifically states in the Pokedex entries on most Arbox cards that the design changes, depending on the area the Arbok grew up in (or that's the gist of it, anyway).

Thanks for the Arbok tip! I actually edited the Design page a long time ago because of it and I also added some new Pokemon to the list as well.

Just want to say that your art tutorial is INCREDIBLY helpful. Thank you!

Any day. ;D

The number of active (and worthwhile) websites in the fandom has really taken a hit lately, so I'm glad to see The Silver Islands back. Keep up the good work!

Thanks and yes, someone drag the Pokemon website community out of the awful depression it's in. :(

Such an impressive site with a beautiful layout. Well done.

Thanks! :)

I noticed that you stated in the design changes that 4kids wasn't sure what to do with Exeggutor's back. Unless they made an edit, they have nothing to do with the art of the anime. It's OLM who didn't know what to do, as they make the anime. 4kids only dubbed the series.

I noticed that you stated in the design changes that 4kids wasn't sure what to do with Exeggutor's back. Unless they made an edit, they have nothing to do with the art of the anime. It's OLM who didn't know what to do, as they make the anime. 4kids only dubbed the series.

To be honest I have no idea how the ownership of Pokemon breaks down. x_x Thanks for the tip though and from now on I guess I'll just refer to them vaguley as "the creators of the anime" and such to avoid misreferring to companies. I just feel weird referring to OLM since I actually have no idea what it is and have never heard of it before.

The angry Charmander Game... You're Glasspanda from da, correct?

Oh, and Forum Question: Can you change your username?

Yes that would be correct. And yeah, I can change it no problem.

OLM inc. is an anime studio, that's all. Nintendo and Game Freak fund them (with a great big budget of 500 yen and a piece of lint). They write, animate, hire voice actors, etc. They then sell the episodes to TV Tokyo (a TV station) in Japan for airing and The International Pokémon Company (nowadays) for dubbing. Easy to understand!

Back
Top Bottom