• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Squared

Re: Pokémon Squared

@OP: By the way, you're getting pretty close to "another month-long hiatus", which going by your updates, you just did one of, and which you also said you wouldn't do.

I think "The Origin of PokeBalls" might work well.

Also, unless you're talking about billions of years, if everything split from Ditto, they'd be able to mate, just like if when humans began to evolve. A man possibly could impregnate a chimp, but it's illogical, disturbing and probably not true all together.

But, anyways, I just though the wording on that page was a little funny. :L

Oh, I thought that since it was an article about evolution, it would naturally be billions of years.

Yeah, if they weren't very far off from Ditto in the evolution line, then they could probably all breed with each other (like dogs, again).

The website says something about how then they separated into groups, but if they're different enough from each other now that they can't breed (when they're closer to each other than to Ditto), they probably shouldn't be able to breed with Ditto, either.

It might make more sense to just say that Ditto can breed with all Pokemon because it contains their genetic structure (so, you know, it can just turn into them, and then there's no problem), and then suggest that Mew could too, but it's a much rarer Pokemon so it hasn't been tested - or at least, not that anyone in the Pokemon World knows of.

-----------

In relation to the site:

On actually reading through the articles now, you need to write better conclusions. Two of them so far essentially say "well, uh, that's the end, I guess." In the Egg Groups article, you can lose that impression by taking off "the end~".

And the Evolution article is a little presumptuous.
[...]but it's about as far as one can go without making it into a full research paper. And surely you wouldn't want to read that ;)

For one thing, I'm not sure where you're drawing the line between analyzing Pokemon evolution and... analyzing Pokemon evolution. This is what you're doing now, and that's what a research paper would do. If you were to say that a research-paper would be more scientifically detailed and use sources and be written in a more formal tone, sure, maybe you don't want to do all of that, but if you mean that you just don't want to go into detail, then why not? So long as you're explaining evolution anyway, you might as well actually explain it.

If you just want to be really simplistic, the least you can do is to not point it out so bluntly. You could easily interpret this as "Well, Pokemon evolution will never really make sense, so it doesn't matter if I'm not making sense, plus, this isn't a real research paper, so I can do what I want."

Additionally, maybe some readers would like to read some hypothetical pseudo-scientific papers on the nature of the Pokemon World. Sure, it's a game, but that doesn't make theorizing about it any less interesting to people who like Biology.

Last edited:

Wait, what? Are you talking to me? ._.

You keep saying "You", but you're talking about your site. I'm confused.

Wait, what? Are you talking to me? ._.

You keep saying "You", but you're talking about your site. I'm confused.

Oh, no, sorry.

Oh, I thought that since it was an article about evolution, it would naturally be billions of years.

Yeah, if they weren't very far off from Ditto in the evolution line, then they could probably all breed with each other (like dogs, again).

This is in reply to you, and the paragraph after that is in relation to that discussion. The rest is to the owner of Pokemon Squared. I'll edit it to make it a little clearer (if the database error will leave me alone...).

Last edited:

OH. XD I'm so stupid.

I thought you were the owner. I had a brain lapse. ^^;

I really like the quiz, but it needs more options, or at least the options I would have clicked on weren't there. The Poke Ball guide was nice and simple, but I think there should be images of them too.

Back
Top Bottom