• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Who was emotional for the PMD Sky ending?

mewtini

sorry guys, don’t lose
Pronoun
she/her
*sobbing* S-so, who was emotional during the ending-well, false ending. How do I do spoilers? EDIT: I'm gonna try a spoiler now. When Grovyle goes back to the future with Dusknoir, I just broke down when Pikachu started crying. I broke down again when my soul left Pikachu. I feel so sad for Pikachu...

Last edited:
I did, a little. It probably would've been more emotional if I didn't know there was a post-game, and if my PMD playthrough were the adventures of someone other than... Zhorkat and Sassface. Any scene trying to take itself semi-seriously loses it as soon as Sassface is mentioned. (If you mean the ending of the post-game, I haven't gotten there yet. EDIT: Oh, "false ending". So I assume the first one, then.)

I was impressed all the way through at a Pokémon game having an actual plot, though, and a pretty good (and definitely adorable) one at that.

do this, except make after the second [, put a / like so: [/
[noparse] is a useful tag: [spoiler][/spoiler]. [nod]

I was impressed all the way through at a Pokémon game having an actual plot, though, and a pretty good (and definitely adorable) one at that.
Yes, this part completely shook me by surprise. THE GAME HAS PLOT TWITS THAT AREN'T CHEESY! I never played the other PMDs yet. But for me, this game was a welcome break from the simple story of 'Some kid gets awesome Pokemon from some old man. The kid beats up bad team, bad team run, and kid becomes Champion." That plot is what bugged me a lot.

I'll admit, Time, Darkness, and Sky were interesting—and MUCH better than Red and Blue rescue teams. To quote TVTropes: DARKER AND EDGIER. ESPECIALLY interlude 5 on Sky.

I'll admit, Time, Darkness, and Sky were interesting—and MUCH better than Red and Blue rescue teams. To quote TVTropes: DARKER AND EDGIER. ESPECIALLY interlude 5 on Sky.
Hi Superbird! I don't have PMD Red and Blue, but I have seen people playing it on YouTube and that sort of thing. This may sound stupid, but what do you mean by interlude 5?

The fifth...bonus story...or something...Like sending Bidoof to Wish Cave or etc.

I don't really know since I've not played Sky.

Special episode 5, the one with Grovyle, Dusknoir, and Celebi, called In the Future of Darkness . I really liked that one. I also got emotional when Dusknoir had Grovyle trapped and was planning to 'melt his soul away'.

I'll admit, I cried like a baby at that part, even though I had been spoiled and I played Blue. But seriously, the fact that this actually has a plot is amazing. I can't believe how awesome it is and I loved when the player and partner are first taken into the future .

Relatedly but kind of off-topic: does anyone know what the Japanese Wiiware games are like? I doubt they're actually translating it, but I'd like to know whether it actually has a good plot. Sadly, I found no information on that anywhere I looked.

I was really sad in the regular ending and since I don't have PMD Sky, I watched it in youtube. It was heart-breaking, but it gave us behind the scene what the future Pokemon did to save the world.

It is such a great game... I finished all of the Special Episodes. At least Dusknoir is actually a good villain. I could sympathize... he is bad, but I can understand his reasons. And also, the Dialga that you battle (not in the episode) is not Primal Dialga. He is not yet swallowed by the darkness, according to Bulbapaedia. The real Primal Dialga is just pure epic.

EDIT: Oh, "false ending". So I assume the first one, then.)

Well, I have one thing to say that you shouldn't read but I'll put it in spoilers.
The second real ending isn't sad. However, you uncover a lot about your amnesia. I have one more thing: after you finish the false ending, Pikachu(well, he's my partner) doesn't go to friend areas, but he acts like the other team members. And you are allowed to take him off the roster. What the heck is up with that?

Basically, it allows you to choose other pokémon to use as your Leader, as if you wanted to use your recruits in the first place. But the fact that they kept the main team walking around the Square does wonders to keep the nostalgia—that was one of the bigger problems, IMHO, with Rescue Team.

Basically, it allows you to choose other pokémon to use as your Leader, as if you wanted to use your recruits in the first place.
Well, there is one thing you all missed that I am surprised I caught. When you talk to Pikachu(well, my partner), he says the default things. I know that this is a little nitpicky, but pikachu begins to act more...normal. He doesn't act like your bestestestestest friend ever.

Back
Top Bottom