• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pocket Spriter Official Thread (or something)

Involuntary Twitch

I want the earth to spin in the opposite direction
Figured I might as well post this as a thread, because there are gonna be future pocket spriters and rather than spam other peoples' threads, Seika and I can just bump this one over and over again. Or something.

Some of you might have heard of this before; others maybe not. Regardless, it's time forrrrrrr

Pocket Spriter #8: Pokemon Black and Sprite! Now with worse puns!

We return to the scene of the crime with intrepid reporterspriters Zephyr+/Involuntary Twitch and Seika! It's a grisly scene: Pokemon fans and wanna be spriters alike, sprawled in uncomfortable positions, their fingers still clenched around their Nintendo DSes where, only an hour or so ago, the sheer elation of finally being able to play Pokemon Black and White caused massive cranial hemorrhaging. It's quite a shame, really, but who cares it's time for Pocket Spriter!!!

Coinciding with the North American release date of Pokemon B/W, we bring you the latest installment of the Pocket Spriter livestream! As usual, we will be talking at great length about the do's and dont's of fakemon spriting, while entertaining viewer suggestions, answering questions, and inviting anyone who has Skype to join in! It's going to be at 5:00PM EST on Sunday, March 6th, so grab your DS and let's gooooooo!

Panels are as follows (EDIT: due to unforeseen circumstances, we will be switching the times of the panels, so Seika will be going from 5-7:30 and Twitch will be going from 7:30-happy hour.) :

Hosted by Seika: 5:00-7:30
Make it move!: We take a look at how to animate fakemon like in B/W!
Fakedex Primer: What goes into a fakedex? How do you ensure balance and diversity? We'll make several linearts and flat-colored sprites in this block!

Hosted by Twitch: 7:30-10:00 & Happy Hour
15 years of style: We look back on how Pokemon sprite style has changed over the years, and sprite something in B/W style!
Beekeeping tips: Another one of our _____ tips panels; this time, we'll bee looking at the diverse and very awesome bug type!
Sprite critique: A recurring favorite; we'll take a look at viewer submitted sprites and suggest improvements.
Happy Hour: par-tayyyyy (or go to bed early because tomorrow's Monday, after all)

As always, the link to the stream is here: http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter! Make sure to drop by (you don't need to register for anything), and tell your friends!

To make this sufficiently spritey, here's some things we've made in the past:
Kringlite.png
drilgann2.png
Gavigarasu.png
biohuzzard.png
altariakingfake.png
hypnotwo.png

Last edited:
I'm involuntarytwitch (as per usual). Seika is iloveuboa. You don't need to add us now; just show up when it's time and we'll add you then.

It doesn't use Skype.
We do, actually, so we can have more than one person talking at a time. But you don't need skype yourself to participate, only if you want to talk. Even then, we try to limit the number of people talking because having too many gets confusing and hard to control!

...Anyway, just wanted to say, we switched around the panel times a bit (and I'll edit the first post to reflect this too).

Hosted by Seika: 5:00-7:30
Make it move!: We take a look at how to animate fakemon like in B/W!
Fakedex Primer: What goes into a fakedex? How do you ensure balance and diversity? We'll make several linearts and flat-colored sprites in this block!

Hosted by Twitch: 7:30-10:00 & Happy Hour
15 years of style: We look back on how Pokemon sprite style has changed over the years, and sprite something in B/W style!
Beekeeping tips: Another one of our _____ tips panels; this time, we'll bee looking at the diverse and very awesome bug type!
Sprite critique: A recurring favorite; we'll take a look at viewer submitted sprites and suggest improvements.
Happy Hour: par-tayyyyy (or go to bed early because tomorrow's Monday, after all)

Who's that in the sky? Is it a Pidgey? Is it a Drifloon? Is it an egg-salad sandwich? No, it's Medical Meccanica and Involuntary Twitch with Pocket Spriter, v9.0!

Starting at 6pm Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, May 1st (tomorrow) and ending whenever people feel like going to bed, we will be making sprites, discussing fakemon, and all sorts of the fun things we usually do.

Times and panels are subject to change.

Hosted by Twitch:

6:00 - 7:00 Antidote Tips: We look into making everyone's favorite status users (barring Grass), Poison-types!
7:00 - 8:00 Rox in the Box: How do you convincingly make an inanimate object into a Pokemon? From Magnemite to Vanilluxe, we'll take a peek at inanimate object-mon throughout the generations then make our own!
8:00 - 9:00 Sprite Critique: Everyone's favorite! Grab a sprite you want critique on and Twitch will expertly edit it for you!

Hosted by MM:

9:00 - 10:00 My Neighbor Snorlax: Pop-culture Pokemon? Pokemon based on your favorite characters? You betcha! We look at how to successfully make one in this panel.
10:00 - 11:00 Rivalries: Zangoose vs Seviper! Nidoking and Nidoqueen! Magmortar and Electivire! We take a look at famous "rivalries" in Pokemon and make one.
11:00 - whenever Happy Hour: par-taaaaay

As always the link is http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter. Be there!

Bonjour, Icosahedron here.

I simply stepped by to state that, as a specific first-time viewer, what I viewed was entertaining, interesting, and quite humourous indeed. It was quite convenient considering an interest developing in myself for spriting in general (my only forays into Pokemon art creation being various odd maps), and the shenanigans were wonderful. Bravo, you have indeed gained a new fan - I simply wish I was able to view the rest of that Satoshi Tajiri Pokemon.

Ha, I tuned in sort of late, but, I liked what I saw! I found the part with the Satoshi Pokémon particularly entertaining. My first time watching... I'm not really a spriter, nor do I plan to become one anytime soon, but for entertainment's sake, I found it quite amusing. I also enjoy your voices! Very nice-sounding.

I'll probably tune in more to stalk silently.

satostalk.png

Here's Satostalk, the Satoshi Tajiri Pokemon in all his un-outline shaded glory.

I'm glad we had some newcomers who enjoyed it! Thanks for coming, guys.

I couldn't make it because timezones and shit, but I'm going to watch whatever's recorded there whenever I get the time! I already watched a bit from the start and it's pretty great, plus I just love seeing how other people sprite :D

Back
Top Bottom