• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Qvalador's Gazillionth Spriting Thread

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
Hello, I am starting this up again. I'm by no means good yet, which is basically why I'm making this thread: I really want to get good at it, and the only way to do that is to get advice. I sat looking at this next sprite for about ten minutes thinking about how I could make it better, and came up empty. So I decided I need actually criticism.

lochro_sprite_by_mohacastle-d74jklv.png

So, that's the sprite. Again, I know it's far from perfect; can someone tell me how to make it better? Please?

And by the way, it's supposed to resemble this.

It needs more dimension. What shading you already have is done very well, but without the back section being darker overall than the front section, it looks more like a profile shot, which doesn't seem to be the intention. So basically, put more shadow on the back half of its body, as if the farther back you go the farther you're getting from the light source.

Nope, it's meant to be in a profile-esque view. Which is probably bad, since you didn't think it was.

I'm not a spriter, but the right part of Lochro's head looks too jagged for a slug.
You're right, I've fixed it. I also took a little bit of Superbird's advice (although the edit probably wasn't as extreme as he meant for it to be). Here's the result:
orahKS3.png

Okay! I've done what you said a bit, although I've tried not to make it look too awkward.

rUt28AR.png

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to fix up its head. Here, I've gone ahead and done that.

Tm84878.png

Back
Top Bottom