• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, gosh, didn't post my own challenge!
Originally Posted by Negrek
3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Snowy Mountain Peak
Snowy Mt. is well, a snowy mountain! It is always Hailing unless replaced by different weather, and then the alternate weather will only last two rounds. Laced with rocks and boulders, this place is dangerous. Trainers and Pokemon alike will have to watch their step, making sure they don't trip and fall- off the mountain.

Link above. Oh fine.
My ASB Profile.

Since you asked nicely, I'll accept your challenge. :p profile.

A challenge for my brother, Barubu.

2 vs 2
DQ: One week
Damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chill Limit of seven per trainer, direct healing moves only heal half of their normal amount

Arena: Jello Square of Giganticness

A giant cube of magic Jello-brand gelatin, in the middle of a nondescript field.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. Each flavor has a unique effect on the participants of the battle, and all but clear have a ten percent chance of appearing:

Clear - No effect. Only appears on the first round.
Cherry - Bright red. Powers up fire-type moves by 3%.
Berry Blue - A cool blue color. Powers up water-type moves by 3%.
Lemon - Lividly yellow. Powers up electric-type moves by 3%.
Lime - Bright green. Powers up grass-type moves by 3%.
Molotov Cocktail - A mildly inebriating, opaque white flavor. As it's highly explosive, this flavor causes roughly 5% typeless damage if thrown, as well as a 30% chance of mild burn, regardless of type.
Root Beer - A medium brown flavor riddled with bubbles. Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly, giving them the ability Levitate in addition to their normal one. Consensual fliers/levitaters become inherent for the round.
Pudding - A rich chocolate pudding. The field liquefies for a round, maintaining its cube shape but becoming thick and goopy on the top. Lowers the speed of walking pokémon by one. Heavy pokémon are liable to sink more quickly.
Watermelon - A pinkish-red flavor dotted with large seeds. All projectile moves hit the maximum number of times. All moves hit every time as well.
Green Tea - A pale green flavor. Heals any status problems when eaten, and lowers severe status problems to moderate, moderate ones to mild, and cures mild ones when it appears. Resets all stat increases or reductions.
@#!*9% - The jello begins to rapidly switch between all other flavors except for Pudding and Clear, meaning that all of them have their effects activated at once.

If the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Large puddles (about the size of an above-ground pool) of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent participants. These can also be requested at the release of any pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquefying) will form out of liquefied gelatin.

A challenge for my brother, Barubu.

2 vs 2
DQ: One week
Damage cap: 35%
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chill Limit of seven per trainer, direct healing moves only heal half of their normal amount

Arena: Jello Square of Giganticness

A giant cube of magic Jello-brand gelatin, in the middle of a nondescript field.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. Each flavor has a unique effect on the participants of the battle, and all but clear have a ten percent chance of appearing:

Clear - No effect. Only appears on the first round.
Cherry - Bright red. Powers up fire-type moves by 3%.
Berry Blue - A cool blue color. Powers up water-type moves by 3%.
Lemon - Lividly yellow. Powers up electric-type moves by 3%.
Lime - Bright green. Powers up grass-type moves by 3%.
Molotov Cocktail - A mildly inebriating, opaque white flavor. As it's highly explosive, this flavor causes roughly 5% typeless damage if thrown, as well as a 30% chance of mild burn, regardless of type.
Root Beer - A medium brown flavor riddled with bubbles. Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly, giving them the ability Levitate in addition to their normal one. Consensual fliers/levitaters become inherent for the round.
Pudding - A rich chocolate pudding. The field liquefies for a round, maintaining its cube shape but becoming thick and goopy on the top. Lowers the speed of walking pokémon by one. Heavy pokémon are liable to sink more quickly.
Watermelon - A pinkish-red flavor dotted with large seeds. All projectile moves hit the maximum number of times. All moves hit every time as well.
Green Tea - A pale green flavor. Heals any status problems when eaten, and lowers severe status problems to moderate, moderate ones to mild, and cures mild ones when it appears. Resets all stat increases or reductions.
@#!*9% - The jello begins to rapidly switch between all other flavors except for Pudding and Clear, meaning that all of them have their effects activated at once.

If the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Large puddles (about the size of an above-ground pool) of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent participants. These can also be requested at the release of any pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquefying) will form out of liquefied gelatin.

Yay acceptingness.

I THIRST FOR COMBAT

2vs2
Set

DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Damage Cap: 50%
Arena: A Nice Garden

The Battle takes place in a nice garden. It's very green and well-kept, full of rose bushes and flowers and small trees and what have you. It's a good-sized garden, about 150 feet square. There is a large birdhouse in a clump of bushes in each corner, and bird Pokemon can be seen gathered there sometimes. A pond is in the top-left corner. There are no hazards here...except one.

A large white Gazebo is in the dead centre of the arena, and it's about 30 ft across, 15 ft high, with a pointed top. If it is hit with an attack, it will animate and start to attack the battlers. When animated, it resembles a white wooden dragon. It joins the battle with 50% health and 50% energy, is a Grass type, and can use the following attacks: Body Slam, Slash, Wood Hammer, Synthesis, Scratch, Headbutt, Crush Grip, Defense Curl, Giga Impact, Bulldoze, Quash, and Heavy Slam. It's base speed is 80, and it weighs 250 lbs. It acts on the Ref's orders.

And I have an offer - to the one who refs this, I will ref one of your battles in turn.

I THIRST FOR COMBAT

2vs2
Set

The Battle takes place in a nice garden. It's very green and well-kept, full of rose bushes and flowers and small trees and what have you. It's a good-sized garden, about 150 feet square. There is a large birdhouse in a clump of bushes in each corner, and bird Pokemon can be seen gathered there sometimes. A pond is in the top-left corner. There are no hazards here...except one.

A large white Gazebo is in the dead centre of the arena, and it's about 30 ft across, 15 ft high, with a pointed top. If it is hit with an attack, it will animate and start to attack the battlers. When animated, it resembles a white wooden dragon. It joins the battle with 50% health and 50% energy, is a Grass type, and can use the following attacks: Body Slam, Slash, Wood Hammer, Synthesis, Scratch, Headbutt, Crush Grip, Defense Curl, Giga Impact, Bulldoze, Quash, and Heavy Slam. It's base speed is 80, and it weighs 250 lbs. It acts on the Ref's orders.

And I have an offer - to the one who refs this, I will ref one of your battles in turn.
I'll take this. o:

I THIRST FOR COMBAT

2vs2
Set

I ACCEPT COMBAT

>|

Challenge specifically for I liek Squirtles.

3vs3 single
Arena: Inside a Computer
Here, there are several of the cables that you would see if you were to open a computer. The flat cables, CD-ROM drives, all that stuff. This is just an enlarged model; we can fit inside fine. Electrical-type moves are boosted by 5%, excluding any sort of healing move.

That isn't that good, is it? EDIT READ PLEASE: Pathos and I are canceling the challenge.

Last edited:
I love being able to battle again!

A challenge specifically for SilverJade~

2vs2 double
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, two chills per pokemon, moves that would require being on land to work (Dig, earthquake, etc.), any electric move over 7% power, in fear of electrocuting the whole place.
Arena: Miracle Sea

Far away from Asber, the Miracle Sea has taken a great deal of effort to get to, as there have been a quite a few wild pokemon who did not like the intrusion upon their home. Luckily, most of them have been so astonished that an actual human had appeared there that few have dared made their way to such an odd creature, let alone have the guts to attack it. However, not all have been so timid. As they have been tired out by keeping back some fierce attackers, all pokemon have a reduced health and energy stat, making them start with 70% of both from the start.

The arena is in the very heart of the dungeon, and is covered with shallow water, being just a mere half a foot tall in places. The sandy bottom is hard to use as a substitute for dirt, and as such all ground moves half their effects reduced by half, if they work at all. The further out from the center of the arena the deeper the water gets, eventually getting to ten feet deep or more.

Out away from the shallows and at such a place where the water level would make anything aside from fish afraid of drowning are a crowd of phione, cowering in fear of an angry gyarados. If you swim out there (taking one action and risking a 25% chance getting attacked by a stray seadra with hydro pump) and attack it, it will faint immediately, and the phione will reward you happily with a phione dew, which cures all status effects and increases your energy and health by 15% for both you and your partner. However, that will take one full round to complete that and swim back to the arena, and can only be done once by anyone. It will activate on the pokemon who got it immediately after it is earned and cannot be saved.

Also, all water and ice type moves used get a power boost equal to STAB (if a pokemon already has STAB it still counts) due to the magical and plentiful properties of the water of the Miracle Sea. Water moves also take 1% less energy.

___

Man, this is an old arena, isn't it?

Last edited:

2vs2 double
Banned Moves: OHKO's, two chills per pokemon, moves that would require being on land to work (Dig, earthquake, etc.), any electric move over 7% power, in fear of electrocuting the whole place.

Far away from Asber, the Miracle Sea has taken a great deal of effort to get to, as there have been a quite a few wild pokemon who did not like the intrusion upon their home. Luckily, most of them have been so astonished that an actual human had appeared there that few have dared made their way to such an odd creature, let alone have the guts to attack it. However, not all have been so timid. As they have been tired out by keeping back some fierce attackers, all pokemon have a reduced health and energy stat, making them start with 70% of both from the start.

The arena is in the very heart of the dungeon, and is covered with shallow water, being just a mere half a foot tall in places. The sandy bottom is hard to use as a substitute for dirt, and as such all ground moves half their effects reduced by half, if they work at all. The further out from the center of the arena the deeper the water gets, eventually getting to ten feet deep or more.

Out away from the shallows and at such a place where the water level would make anything aside from fish afraid of drowning are a crowd of phione, cowering in fear of an angry gyarados. If you swim out there (taking one action and risking a 25% chance getting attacked by a stray seadra with hydro pump) and attack it, it will faint immidiately, and the phione will reward you happily with a phione dew, which cures all status effects and increases your energy and health by 15% for both you and your partner. However, that will take one full round to complete that and swim back to the arena, and can only be done once by anyone. It will activate on the pokemon who got it immediately after it is earned and cannot be saved.

Also, all water and ice type moves used get a power boost equal to STAB (if a pokemon already has STAB is still counts) due to the magical and plentiful properties of the water of the Miracle Sea. Water moves also take 1% less energy.

Man, this is an old arena, isn't it?

Yesh :3 I accept!

Challenge specifically for I liek Squirtles.

3vs3 single
Arena: Inside a Computer
Here, there are several of the cables that you would see if you were to open a computer. The flat cables, CD-ROM drives, all that stuff. This is just an enlarged model; we can fit inside fine. Electrical-type moves are boosted by 5%, excluding any sort of healing move.

That isn't that good, is it? EDIT READ PLEASE: Pathos and I are canceling the challenge.

Accept, dammit. MARTY DEBUT.

Mai said:

2vs2 double

Out away from the shallows and at such a place where the water level would make anything aside from fish afraid of drowning are a crowd of phione, cowering in fear of an angry gyarados. If you swim out there (taking one action and risking a 25% chance getting attacked by a stray seadra with hydro pump) and attack it, it will faint immidiately, and the phione will reward you happily with a phione dew, which cures all status effects and increases your energy and health by 15% for both you and your partner. However, that will take one full round to complete that and swim back to the arena, and can only be done once by anyone. It will activate on the pokemon who got it immediately after it is earned and cannot be saved.

Also, all water and ice type moves used get a power boost equal to STAB (if a pokemon already has STAB is still counts) due to the magical and plentiful properties of the water of the Miracle Sea. Water moves also take 1% less energy.

Yesh :3 I accept!

Will ref this. Putting thread up in a couple minutes.

This insane mess is for Foxy Zor, also known as Zoren and Zora.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, recovery moves (chills do not count as recovery moves and may be used freely).
Arena: N-Flareth's Groovy Castle Throne

Back in the 1970's, the time of afros and leisure suits, N-Flareth has built a vast castle spanning the entirety of Chief Lett's Elite Force's base. Thus it is here, within the extremely tie-dyed throne room of the castle, which is large enough to fit in any Pokémon quite comfortably, that this battle takes place.

Because it is the 1970's, and we all like to get down like some groovy jive turkeys, trainers must submit their commands through the body language of dance and cannot specify attack names. Only moves with the word "Dance" in them may be specified. (Such as Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Petal Dance, Dragon Dance, Featherdance, etc.) Each command, therefore, must be an action involving dancing. The options are, other than aforementioned dance-based moves (note that any moves that qualify as banned do not have any chance whatsoever of being used):

Disco - Awww YEAH! Obviously why the 1970’s are so awesome, the trainer discos until they can disco no more, and the Pokémon uses a random damaging Special move of a neutrally effective type against the opponent. (Example: If the opponent were a Fire-type, the Pokémon might use a damaging Electric-type move like Thunderbolt, because it is neither super-effective nor not very effective.)
Breakdance - The trainer gets down on the ground and breakdances happily, showing the Pokémon who’s the most far out jammer. The Pokémon uses a random damaging Physical move of a neutrally effective type against the opponent.
Hip Thrust - The trainer conveys their desire for FORCE with an AGGRESSIVE HIP THRUST, commanding the Pokémon to use a random Physical super-effective move against the opponent.
Shake Yo Booty - SHAKE DAT BOOTAAAY! By the trainer shaking their bootaay vigorously, the Pokémon is inspired to use a random Special super-effective move against the opponent.
Get Down Tonight - The trainer gets down with like one bad motha- shut yo mouth! What? I was just talking about the Pokémon using a random Status-inducing, non-damaging move. (such as Burn, Poison, Confusion, etc. Move examples: Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Swagger)
Hippie Protest Jam - Maaan, why can’t we just all, you know, Chill out and have peace? Why all the fiiiightting? Make love, not waaaarr. The trainer commands the Pokémon to cease action and Chill by doing a protesting dance.
White Girl Elbow Dance - The trainer conveys their lack of rhythm and inability to dance properly by shaking their elbows feebly, sending mixed signals to the Pokémon. Thus, the Pokémon uses ANY move in their move pool (barring those that are banned, see above), regardless of circumstance.

But wait, there’s more! Inside of N-Flareth’s castle many characters are lurking, searching for the throne room where they can come in on the battle where it takes place… each of these characters have their own agenda. Beneficial or not.

PLAYER FOXHOG - The main protagonist of a Unova-based Pokémon game. Has a 4% chance of making an appearance at the beginning of each round. As such, he has a very limited vocabulary. Though he is a man of few words, each word he says counts. He has a completely random chance of doing the following:
If he says YES to a random Pokémon on the field, that Pokémon’s first action will always hit regardless of its accuracy.
If he says NO to a random Pokémon on the field, the Pokémon’s first action will always miss, regardless of its accuracy. (And this INCLUDES moves such as Aerial Ace and Swift. They will miss.)
If he says "…", a giant disco ball suddenly comes down from the ceiling on the first action and every Pokémon on the field has a 50% chance of a stat decreasing or increasing by 1. As well, 2 Donuts will rain down from the sky. These Donuts can be picked up by any Pokémon on the field, and used as a shield from any attack, rendering it ineffective and making it do NO damage or have ANY effect. Picking up a Donut takes one action, and using the Donut takes another. So to do so, the trainer must say "Pick Up Donut Jive" (To pick up the Donut) or "Donut Shield Dance" (To use the Donut as a shield) If a Donut is used as a shield, it will shatter and its shards have a 50% chance of pinning down a random Pokémon on the field; this includes the one that used it. Being pinned down disables all movement and action for two actions after the Donut was used. Donuts that are not used will automatically disappear in two rounds after their appearance. The disco ball and its effects, stat increases and decreases, will completely disappear the next round.

Ghetku - An evil man who used his own daughter, N-Flareth, in attempts to take over the world. Now he stalks her castle to disrupt any battlers who dare enter her throne room and thus has a 10% chance of appearing in the middle of each round. He will always appear on the second action. However, he will only make an appearance ONCE. Once he has appeared, he will not appear again. Commanding his Moondreigon to use Rainbow Beam, he floods the Throne Room with rainbows making it so vividly coloured that all Pokémon on the field are blinded and thus have their Accuracy reduced by 1. The effect wears off in six actions.

Charlie’s Gym Leaders - The three gym leaders of the Striaton City Gym have a deep secret. Back in the 1970’s, they used to be an ass-kicking trio of dancers. They will ALWAYS appear one round after PLAYER FOXHOG has said "…" and the disco ball has been summoned. The trio will proceed to DANCE and instill CONFIDENCE in every Pokémon in the field, raising their Speed and Attack by 1, but lowering their Special Defense and Defense by 1.

Chief Lett’s Elite Forces - The entire Elite Four of Unova and their leader, Alder, have a 7% chance of making an appearance at the start of every round. Like Ghetku, they will only appear ONCE. And once they have appeared, will not appear again. Alder will proceed to play his kickass theme, which will pause the entire battle whilst everyone fangirls and awes at how awesome it is. Thus, on the action that he appears, every Pokémon on the field does not move or perform its action.

N-Flareth - The owner of the Groovy Castle herself. N-Flareth has an 8% of appearing in the middle of each round and will summon a Zekrom called the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord will shield either combatant from an attack on the second action; halfing its damage. Non-damaging attacks, such as Toxic, Featherdance, etc, will be completely nullified, out of his dedication for N-Flareth. Note that the Dark Lord will NOT shield a combatant who has already been shielded by Dumbledore, and will instead shield the other one. When the Dark Lord is hit, sad, heart-wrenching music will play because N-Flareth will have to ride away on him to find a doctor. This music will cause all combatants to cry a huge river of water, and increase the power of Electric-type moves by 2% additional damage, but cost -2 more energy. This power-up only applies to damaging attacks and lasts for the rest of the entire fight. N-Flareth will only appear ONCE and will not appear again if she has already done so.

Dumbledore - A grand legendary Reshiram named after a wise old wizard. He has an 8% chance of appearing in the middle of each round and shielding either combatant from an attack on the second action; halfing its damage. Non-damaging attacks, such as Toxic, Featherdance, etc, will be completely nullified. Note that Dumbledore will NOT shield a combatant who has already been shielded by N-Flareth’s Dark Lord, and will instead shield the other one. When Dumbledore is hit, he will also use Disco Inferno to rev up the dance floor flamingly, and increase the power of Fire-type moves by 2% additional damage, but cost -2 more energy. This power-up only applies to damaging attacks and lasts for the rest of the entire fight. Dumbledore will only appear ONCE and will not appear again if he has already done so.

Times the Same Day - If Dumbledore and N-Flareth’s Dark Lord happen to appear on the same turn, a special effect will happen. Every clock in the entire world, from France, to England, to Jupiter, will be the same time and time zones will cease to exist. This is called Times the Same Day and will open a temporal rift from 2011 which will summon Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga will sing a horrendous song which will make all Pokémon’s ears bleed on the action in which she is summoned. This will sharply lower Special Defense by 2 for the rest of the fight.

Hoe Force Task Squad - Foxy Zor’s squad of awesome hoes. They have a 1% chance of appearing each round, and will give one Pokémon of either combatant a +1 boost in a random stat. If they happen to appear on the same round as Ghetku, they will attempt to protect the combatants from his Moondreigon and completely nullify his effects, but in doing so, they will stop all remaining actions in the round and ALWAYS come in on the second action.

This insane mess is for Foxy Zor, also known as Zoren and Zora.

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, recovery moves (chills do not count as recovery moves and may be used freely).
Arena: N-Flareth's Groovy Castle Throne

Back in the 1970's, the time of afros and leisure suits, N-Flareth has built a vast castle spanning the entirety of Chief Lett's Elite Force's base. Thus it is here, within the extremely tie-dyed throne room of the castle, which is large enough to fit in any Pokémon quite comfortably, that this battle takes place.

Because it is the 1970's, and we all like to get down like some groovy jive turkeys, trainers must submit their commands through the body language of dance and cannot specify attack names. Only moves with the word "Dance" in them may be specified. (Such as Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Petal Dance, Dragon Dance, Featherdance, etc.) Each command, therefore, must be an action involving dancing. The options are, other than aforementioned dance-based moves (note that any moves that qualify as banned do not have any chance whatsoever of being used):

Disco - Awww YEAH! Obviously why the 1970’s are so awesome, the trainer discos until they can disco no more, and the Pokémon uses a random damaging Special move of a neutrally effective type against the opponent. (Example: If the opponent were a Fire-type, the Pokémon might use a damaging Electric-type move like Thunderbolt, because it is neither super-effective nor not very effective.)
Breakdance - The trainer gets down on the ground and breakdances happily, showing the Pokémon who’s the most far out jammer. The Pokémon uses a random damaging Physical move of a neutrally effective type against the opponent.
Hip Thrust - The trainer conveys their desire for FORCE with an AGGRESSIVE HIP THRUST, commanding the Pokémon to use a random Physical super-effective move against the opponent.
Shake Yo Booty - SHAKE DAT BOOTAAAY! By the trainer shaking their bootaay vigorously, the Pokémon is inspired to use a random Special super-effective move against the opponent.
Get Down Tonight - The trainer gets down with like one bad motha- shut yo mouth! What? I was just talking about the Pokémon using a random Status-inducing, non-damaging move. (such as Burn, Poison, Confusion, etc. Move examples: Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Toxic, Swagger)
Hippie Protest Jam - Maaan, why can’t we just all, you know, Chill out and have peace? Why all the fiiiightting? Make love, not waaaarr. The trainer commands the Pokémon to cease action and Chill by doing a protesting dance.
White Girl Elbow Dance - The trainer conveys their lack of rhythm and inability to dance properly by shaking their elbows feebly, sending mixed signals to the Pokémon. Thus, the Pokémon uses ANY move in their move pool (barring those that are banned, see above), regardless of circumstance.

But wait, there’s more! Inside of N-Flareth’s castle many characters are lurking, searching for the throne room where they can come in on the battle where it takes place… each of these characters have their own agenda. Beneficial or not.

PLAYER FOXHOG - The main protagonist of a Unova-based Pokémon game. Has a 4% chance of making an appearance at the beginning of each round. As such, he has a very limited vocabulary. Though he is a man of few words, each word he says counts. He has a completely random chance of doing the following:
If he says YES to a random Pokémon on the field, that Pokémon’s first action will always hit regardless of its accuracy.
If he says NO to a random Pokémon on the field, the Pokémon’s first action will always miss, regardless of its accuracy. (And this INCLUDES moves such as Aerial Ace and Swift. They will miss.)
If he says "…", a giant disco ball suddenly comes down from the ceiling on the first action and every Pokémon on the field has a 50% chance of a stat decreasing or increasing by 1. As well, 2 Donuts will rain down from the sky. These Donuts can be picked up by any Pokémon on the field, and used as a shield from any attack, rendering it ineffective and making it do NO damage or have ANY effect. Picking up a Donut takes one action, and using the Donut takes another. So to do so, the trainer must say "Pick Up Donut Jive" (To pick up the Donut) or "Donut Shield Dance" (To use the Donut as a shield) If a Donut is used as a shield, it will shatter and its shards have a 50% chance of pinning down a random Pokémon on the field; this includes the one that used it. Being pinned down disables all movement and action for two actions after the Donut was used. Donuts that are not used will automatically disappear in two rounds after their appearance. The disco ball and its effects, stat increases and decreases, will completely disappear the next round.

Ghetku - An evil man who used his own daughter, N-Flareth, in attempts to take over the world. Now he stalks her castle to disrupt any battlers who dare enter her throne room and thus has a 10% chance of appearing in the middle of each round. He will always appear on the second action. However, he will only make an appearance ONCE. Once he has appeared, he will not appear again. Commanding his Moondreigon to use Rainbow Beam, he floods the Throne Room with rainbows making it so vividly coloured that all Pokémon on the field are blinded and thus have their Accuracy reduced by 1. The effect wears off in six actions.

Charlie’s Gym Leaders - The three gym leaders of the Striaton City Gym have a deep secret. Back in the 1970’s, they used to be an ass-kicking trio of dancers. They will ALWAYS appear one round after PLAYER FOXHOG has said "…" and the disco ball has been summoned. The trio will proceed to DANCE and instill CONFIDENCE in every Pokémon in the field, raising their Speed and Attack by 1, but lowering their Special Defense and Defense by 1.

Chief Lett’s Elite Forces - The entire Elite Four of Unova and their leader, Alder, have a 7% chance of making an appearance at the start of every round. Like Ghetku, they will only appear ONCE. And once they have appeared, will not appear again. Alder will proceed to play his kickass theme, which will pause the entire battle whilst everyone fangirls and awes at how awesome it is. Thus, on the action that he appears, every Pokémon on the field does not move or perform its action.

N-Flareth - The owner of the Groovy Castle herself. N-Flareth has an 8% of appearing in the middle of each round and will summon a Zekrom called the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord will shield either combatant from an attack on the second action; halfing its damage. Non-damaging attacks, such as Toxic, Featherdance, etc, will be completely nullified, out of his dedication for N-Flareth. Note that the Dark Lord will NOT shield a combatant who has already been shielded by Dumbledore, and will instead shield the other one. When the Dark Lord is hit, sad, heart-wrenching music will play because N-Flareth will have to ride away on him to find a doctor. This music will cause all combatants to cry a huge river of water, and increase the power of Electric-type moves by 2% additional damage, but cost -2 more energy. This power-up only applies to damaging attacks and lasts for the rest of the entire fight. N-Flareth will only appear ONCE and will not appear again if she has already done so.

Dumbledore - A grand legendary Reshiram named after a wise old wizard. He has an 8% chance of appearing in the middle of each round and shielding either combatant from an attack on the second action; halfing its damage. Non-damaging attacks, such as Toxic, Featherdance, etc, will be completely nullified. Note that Dumbledore will NOT shield a combatant who has already been shielded by N-Flareth’s Dark Lord, and will instead shield the other one. When Dumbledore is hit, he will also use Disco Inferno to rev up the dance floor flamingly, and increase the power of Fire-type moves by 2% additional damage, but cost -2 more energy. This power-up only applies to damaging attacks and lasts for the rest of the entire fight. Dumbledore will only appear ONCE and will not appear again if he has already done so.

Times the Same Day - If Dumbledore and N-Flareth’s Dark Lord happen to appear on the same turn, a special effect will happen. Every clock in the entire world, from France, to England, to Jupiter, will be the same time and time zones will cease to exist. This is called Times the Same Day and will open a temporal rift from 2011 which will summon Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga will sing a horrendous song which will make all Pokémon’s ears bleed on the action in which she is summoned. This will sharply lower Special Defense by 2 for the rest of the fight.

Hoe Force Task Squad - Foxy Zor’s squad of awesome hoes. They have a 1% chance of appearing each round, and will give one Pokémon of either combatant a +1 boost in a random stat. If they happen to appear on the same round as Ghetku, they will attempt to protect the combatants from his Moondreigon and completely nullify his effects, but in doing so, they will stop all remaining actions in the round and ALWAYS come in on the second action.
It... It's beautiful.
I ACCEPT THIS GROOVY CHALLENGE!

...*does the White Girl Elbow Dance*

First challenge~

1vs1 Single
DQ: 4 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Noob Palace

This arena was made for the noobs of battling, and the palace has been configured specifically for them.
No Pokemon are allowed to battle that are in a higher evolution then the first, including Pokemon that don't evolve.
Once a round, there is a 10% chance an experienced trainer will arrive and complement one of the trainers on their battling skill, and their Pokemon will overhear this and be encouraged to fight harder. The affected Pokemon will gain a +1 to all stats for the rest of the battle.

EDIT: I would like the person who accepts this challenge to be dedicated to it.

In celebration! This one's for Zorzor. Reused arenas, hooray! C:

2v2 single
Switch
Arena: The Inside of Zora’s Mind

Well. No one knows how our heroes have managed this one, but it seems the universe has finally imploded around them, sending them (and the ref) spiralling into the depths of the mind of an crazy redhead.

The stage is around the size of an average arena, however, it is translucent and rainbow-coloured, and appears to be floating amidst a sort of purple void, with two roads made of rainbow extending to either side of the field. Every so often, the scenery around the arena will change, although this has no effect on the battle and so can change to whatever, whenever, at the referee’s discretion. There also are two small ponds to either edge of the arena for Water-types.

Although being inside the mind of someone like her has… other, effects.

- The moves Attract and Captivate, as well as other moves that base their effects on gender, can hit all Pokémon on the field, rather than just the specified gender.
- And also, there seem to be stimulants in the air in this arena, giving all Pokémon a boost in energy, setting it at an initial 150%.

First challenge~

1vs1 Single
DQ: 4 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Noob Palace

This arena was made for the noobs of battling, and the palace has been configured specifically for them.
No Pokemon are allowed to battle that are in a higher evolution then the first, including Pokemon that don't evolve.
Once a round, there is a 10% chance an experienced trainer will arrive and complement one of the trainers on their battling skill, and their Pokemon will overhear this and be encouraged to fight harder. The affected Pokemon will gain a +1 to all stats for the rest of the battle.

EDIT: I would like the person who accepts this challenge to be dedicated to it.

I'll take you on. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom