• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

The invitational summarized:

-SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT MEGAMAN FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD
-Zero Suit Samus OP
-Wearing scarfs in summer OP
-Chile OP
-Reggie's gonna kick your ass.

Pac-man :o

I notice Captain Falcon still hasn't been announced, do you think they'll drop him?

Pac-man :o

I notice Captain Falcon still hasn't been announced, do you think they'll drop him?

I doubt it. There's still the precedent that none of the original 12 were dropped in either Melee or Brawl; I suspect they're all coming back, and there just might be secret characters.

Really, I'm happier that at the beginning of the announcement, the short just lampshaded all the MOTHER 3 fans who've been whining about Nintendo rereleasing it on the virtual console. Also, Reggie Fils-Amie is a playable character after all. Best thing ever to exist.

I doubt it. There's still the precedent that none of the original 12 were dropped in either Melee or Brawl; I suspect they're all coming back, and there just might be secret characters.

Really, I'm happier that at the beginning of the announcement, the short just lampshaded all the MOTHER 3 fans who've been whining about Nintendo rereleasing it on the virtual console. Also, Reggie Fils-Amie is a playable character after all. Best thing ever to exist.
Er. Remember that whole "roster is going to be at most as big as the one from Brawl" thing? At this point, it's impossible to get that unless Sakurai cuts one of Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff or Wario. And it's probably not going to be Wario, since we have Waluigi and Ashley as confirmed Assist Trophies.

(There's also always the possibility that Mii Fighter isn't supposed to count or that Sakurai is going to turn around and say he made an exception for Pac-Man or something, but iunno, not gonna count on it)

I've been thinking it's probably going to be Jigglypuff, though. I mean, it'd be a shame, since it's so fun to play as and there's such a great opportunity to showcase the Fairy-type, but we do already have four confirmed Pokémon participants -- a fifth would bring the roster up to a kind of size that's probably reserved for the Mario franchise.

Wait, Pac-Man is in on this? My god, that is soo lame. I mean, Wii Fit Trainer was really pushing it.

The finally expanded the site. Man. It sure looks better now. Guess they need more completion before they could make the site better.:)

Er. Remember that whole "roster is going to be at most as big as the one from Brawl" thing?

Wasn't the actual quote something more along the lines of "Focusing on adding more characters to Smash without improving the core gameplay won't make it better", and not "We're cutting characters for because"?That's how I remember it at least.

I honestly don't see why they'd cut Jigglypuff/Ness/Falcon/ROB/etc. for no good reason unless they ran out of time, like they did with Mewtwo in Brawl (he even had a Final Smash voiceclip and everything). All of the characters who weren't Mewtwo that got cut from Brawl were blatant clone characters (Roy slightly less so, but he had unfinished data in Brawl too, iirc), which Jiggs/Ness/C. Falc/etc. aren't.

The only character I think is in any real danger is Snake, because of possible copyright stuff. If any characters get cut due to time constraints, I think it'll probably be Lucas, sadly; MOTHER is a niche series, MOTHER 3 was only released in Japan, and Lucas is a semi-clone of Ness anyways.

Jigglypuff may not be too relevant, but she has a unique playstyle, plus is popular enough in her own right due to Smash. If they were going to cut Jigglypuff for lack of relevance, they probably could've in Brawl; now that Fairy-type is the hip new thing, Jiggs is more relevant then she's been in years.

TL;DR: I'm optimistic and don't expect them to cut characters for no good reason for the sake of roster size, unless they run into copyright problems/time constraints. And if they do cut anyone, it wouldn't be someone with as unique a playstyle as Jigglypuff.

Yeah I can't see Snake sticking around this time. I have heard or seen a video posted on Youtube that Mewtwo may be in the game. I did not watch the video but it was the one where Pac Man was confirmed but I have not seen any other detail except to see that video was posted a few weeks ago.:)

woot pacman is in

I made a comic years ago where I drew pacman and Mega Man entering Smash.

I dunno why Pacman in Smash is so farfetched. I mean, Game and Watch made it in. Why shouldn't Pacman be in Smash, too?

anyways where's the mii confirmation video thing?

Guys you can find the news about Smashbros on their site and also there are hundreds of videos on youtube as well. Fancy a feast of endless videos on youtube XD.:)

I think it will be Mewtwo since this would be the perfect opportunity to make his announcement just before the new Pokemon games come out. The time would be just right for Mewtwo XD.:)

Back
Top Bottom