• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen 7 Predictions...

One thing that's definitely going to happen is that some pokemon from gen 6 are going to get mega evolutions.
If the lack of Gen V Mega-Evolutions was intentional, I don't think we'll be seeing any Gen VI Megas next generation.

imo I think the Pokémon that get mega evolutions are those that have proved popular out-of-universe.
I think they didn't make any gen 5 or 6 megas because they wanted time to see which ones would be popular.

Of course people like Scizor. Look at it. It's a badass steel-clad bug. Abomasnow's cool, too, pun not intended.

I've thought about the Mega Hydreigon, and I arrived to the conclusion that Hydregion is so overpowered on its own, it doesn't need a mega.

I've thought about the Mega Hydreigon, and I arrived to the conclusion that Hydregion is so overpowered on its own, it doesn't need a mega.
This seems to be the case with all Megas, doesn't it? I mean, Tyranitar got one, and it's exactly as powerful as Hydreigon.

This seems to be the case with all Megas, doesn't it? I mean, Tyranitar got one, and it's exactly as powerful as Hydreigon.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. When I was saying how they usually give popular Pokémon megas, I was thinking how most of the popular gen 6 ones are already really powerful. But then I realised a lot of the megas were already extensively used competitively before gen 6, all megas did was mix it up a bit.

Does anyone really like Abomasnow that much?

although mind I totally appreciated the stat bump but was like >||| at so much of it going into +40 atk/spa and still grass/ice dammit

like if it's going to -30 spe and keep that typing and sure 90/105/105 defenses is marginally acceptable but not with that typing, kind of mostly a waste, that atk/spa bump

hail >(((

Last edited:
Mega Abomasnow is actually quite good in inverse battles. Or, it would be if Electric weren't such a common attacking type.

Mega Abomasnow is actually quite good in inverse battles.
That's... kind of a bad thing, since Inverse Battles are rare. And to have a lot of resistances in an Inverse Battle, you have to have a lot of weaknesses in regular battle. So that's only useful every once in a while.

It's still pretty Christmassy though
have you tried hanging some baubles on it?

If they bring back Amie, they could let us interact with the Megas in Amie. That would be awesome.

If we do extrapolate from previous patterns I guess they won't introduce any Eeveeloutions and then add more in gen 8.

Well, we can't fall back to Dark/Psychic/Fighting starters anymore.

I'm predicting 140-ish new Pokemon. They seem to replace the entire Pokedex with newbies every odd generation and add maybe a third of that in the even generations.

I still want to see an Ice/Steel Pokemon though.

And an ice-typed Stealth Rock :P

I read someone's fan theory on some other forum that the mascot Legendary Pokemon in gen VII could be based on Egyptian mythology, specifically forms of Ra.

This isn't so much a prediction, but more like something I wish would happen.

...A whole region based on the Nordic countries. Seriously. I live in Finland and having a region with your country in it would be really fun. XD

PS. Am I the only one who wants a region and villainous team based on astronomy? I created those for an RP and named the admins of the team after the 12 Zodiac signs and their leader after Ophiuchus (the mystical "13th Zodiac sign"). Team Nebula I called it. ...And the region? Well, it wasn't based on anything in the real world - it was more like a large mass with a lot of towns and cities and villages based on Zodiac stars. ...Including Rasalhague Town being the starting point, Gym Leaders named after the stars in the Big Dipper, Elite Four and Champion named after random stars, Professor Hawthorn whose assistant turns out to be a Team Nebula member...

An astronomy-based story would be so fun. Especially if they focused more on the mythical / astrological aspect of the stars instead of the scientific variety (this is Team Galactic).

Do we have to have new Pokes? Because if we do, they need to step up the designs (though Gen VI was a major improvement).

I'm wondering if we'll get more Kanto remakes actually - it's the only region not playable in its own storyline on the 3DS, and I don't see Nintendo dropping the 3DS in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom