• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Increase picture filesize limit.

Pronoun
he
I've tried to post a thread containing pictures of my cats, but I'm unable to post due to the filesize being above 97.7KB, Normally each of the pictures are around 1MB. No, I'm not going to resize and ruin the pictures just to meet this limit which seems like a gigantic load of bullshit to me.

I can understand putting a limit on file sizes, but does it really have to be so small that I can barely post anything?

They're probably saved at resolutions much too large to make any difference viewed online. A jpeg at 72dpi and ~1280x720px should come in around 100kb, and is more than ample for your needs.

Or you could use an image hosting website.

I've tried to post a thread containing pictures of my cats, but I'm unable to post due to the filesize being above 97.7KB, Normally each of the pictures are around 1MB. No, I'm not going to resize and ruin the pictures just to meet this limit which seems like a gigantic load of bullshit to me.
you don't have to 'ruin' them, just open them in some kind of image editor > resize > save as. then you can have a small version for the web, and huge versions for whatever it is you need huge photos for.
also, a file limit like 1MB is pretty standard for a forum, because most people host their images elsewhere. by attaching photos to a post, you're placing that data on the forum server, so hosting them somewhere else is much better. the easiest and most reliable host i've found is imgur, which you don't even need an account for.

Back
Top Bottom