• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ironic.

Norm

Die, and be free of pain
I'm sure lots of people feel (or realize now) that PMD and even Ranger have better stories (let alone HAVE a story) in comparison to the main story games. I'm pretty sure PMD was supposed to be focused on the dungeon aspect, while the main series was meant to incorporate a story.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop using colour+font tags in your posts! It can be really distracting for other users and sometimes makes it hard for them to read your posts, and that's No Good.

Also, I never thought the main series really intended to have much of a plot in the first place... I mean, it's a flimsy LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE WITH AWESOME ANIMALS!!! plotline that serves the game mechanic really well. it's not really ironic, i wouldn't say.

Sorry, I just did that all the time in Pokecommunity. I feel there was a story, at least to blue / red mystery dungeon. The whole thing with the Gardevoir, Gengar, and the society turns on you thing just seems better than, "Go raise some Pokemon, beat the Elite (not really) 4 and complete the Pokedex!" sort of thing.

Where did you get the idea the main series was meant to have more of a plot than the spin-offs? People like the main series Pokémon games for the monsters and the gameplay, and the main series games are designed around giving them that, with the plotline getting only minimally in your way; spin-off games, on the other hand, are far freer to be adventurous with the story and such without worrying about fans who just want the gameplay being unhappy with the shift.

Whether or not the spinoffs have better plots than the main games is subjective anyways. You cannot really state that they do as fact as it varies from person to person which ones have the better plots.

Whether or not the spinoffs have better plots than the main games is subjective anyways. You cannot really state that they do as fact as it varies from person to person which ones have the better plots.
well no, but PMD games are inarguably much more plot-driven than the main series, which is what I think the OP meant.

Back
Top Bottom